Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 11/04/14, 04:38 PM   #1
Mr. CD
Ranger In Training

Default Why did RJ wait to use his morpher?

Now, I’ve alway had a problem with RJ having his own morpher. If he had a morpher with him the entire time, why wait until that time to use it? Why—Why then? Why not use it during a time when it would have been helpful? Like when Casey was poison or whenever the team was down a ranger or even when the first Overlord was revived? Anything would have been better than just hinting that RJ had this morpher on him the entire time and it was just collecting dust.

On the other hand, I did like the twist on the Sixth Ranger’s Megazord. Usually the team gets their second Megazord, they tend to stop using the first one all together except for a few times, so by letting RJ have the Jungle Pride, it was still being used, just by a different ranger.
Mr. CD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/05/14, 08:29 PM   #2
mbozzo
Power Ranger

Default Re: Why did RJ wait to use his morpher?

I have this feeling that his morpher wasn't working during the episodes that he was just the mentor. He didn't used the morpher until he has it fixed. Once it was fixed, he was able to morph. I know that we didn't see it being fixed, but it could be possible.
mbozzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/15/14, 01:15 PM   #3
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss CD View Post
Now, I’ve alway had a problem with RJ having his own morpher. If he had a morpher with him the entire time, why wait until that time to use it? Why—Why then? Why not use it during a time when it would have been helpful? Like when Casey was poison or whenever the team was down a ranger or even when the first Overlord was revived? Anything would have been better than just hinting that RJ had this morpher on him the entire time and it was just collecting dust.

On the other hand, I did like the twist on the Sixth Ranger’s Megazord. Usually the team gets their second Megazord, they tend to stop using the first one all together except for a few times, so by letting RJ have the Jungle Pride, it was still being used, just by a different ranger.
Well we can't say he had his Morpher the own time since we have no evidence to support that but if he did then I can see why he would have since he was a Mentor and a Teacher and he wanted Lily, Casey and Theo to be the ones responsible for defending their city/town and that he would only step in when it became necessary.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/15/14, 03:07 PM   #4
Captain Codfish
Power Ranger

I dont know. But I couldn't stand RJ. Too funny to be a glorified Sixth Ranger. Too funny to be taken seriously as a Ranger.
Captain Codfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/15/14, 03:17 PM   #5
Disney Ranger
Power Ranger

I loved a RJ. He was different and funny. He was the perfect mentor to a team that worked in a pizza shop and fought evil by night. His character was fresh and exciting. He was my favorite character that season. Those scenes with him watching the Rangers fight and eating popcorn were a riot!

About the Morpher. Maybe it was broken and he had to fix it? Like Mbozzo has said.
Disney Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/15/14, 03:24 PM   #6
PRangerX
Administrator

I think it had to do with his curse. His animal spirit out of whack made him unable to morph. He was afraid of what would happen since he couldnt control himself turning into a warewolf. As for before.that? The morpher probably wasn't ready.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/25/14, 10:35 AM   #7
Captain Codfish
Power Ranger

That could be a good reason. I really wish they would have wrote someone else in to be Wolf Ranger. RJ just doesn't cut it.
Old 12/26/14, 12:36 PM   #8
Galaxy Supreme
Comic Relief

I agree with him not being able to morph with the curse on him. I wouldn't be surprised if the Wolf Morpher was the prototype. He just couldn't use it until his animal spirit was under control.
Galaxy Supreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/26/14, 12:38 PM   #9
Sentai Is Forever
Sentai Snob

I like how they kept Flit helping him with the problem like his sentai counterpart. Glad they decided to keep him in the story and not ignore him.
Sentai Is Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/26/14, 12:40 PM   #10
Captain Codfish
Power Ranger

Flit was pretty annoying. It made the early zord battles unwatchable most of the time. They really didn't need him for the RJ storyline. This would have been a part of the sentai not to use. At least they toned him down later in the season.
Post New ThreadReply