Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 07/10/17, 10:44 AM   #1
Dino Blaze
Comic Relief

Default MMPR/DinoThunder

I think DinoThunder should be a direct sequel to MMPR with everything in between not counting. No one cares about the middle seasons or later anyway. The new movie should have been a continuation of DinoThunder.
Dino Blaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/10/17, 07:55 PM   #2
MattEmily
Administrator

Default Re: MMPR/DinoThunder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino Blaze View Post
I think DinoThunder should be a direct sequel to MMPR with everything in between not counting. No one cares about the middle seasons or later anyway. The new movie should have been a continuation of DinoThunder.
no since every season should count as in being in continuity except for those seasons that are either plainly stated as being in another dimension (RPM) or are obvious enough to be in another dimension (Dino Charge) and you can't speak for every single person on the planet you may not like the middle or later seasons but that doesn't mean "you = everyone" you only equals you there are people who do enjoy those seasons that YOU don't additionally doing such a thing would've alienated that part of the fandom which wouldn't make much business sense.
Dino Thunder was technically a MMPR sequel it's just we only saw Tommy in it and no one else and Disney wasn't going to put money into anything else they were against teamups as it was.

The recent movie was a reboot so they had to use MMPR names that would cater to some's nostalgia. You really think the names of Conner, Ethan, Kira, Tommy and Mesogog would have the same response in comparison to the names of Rita, Goldar, Zordon, Alpha 5, Zack, Kimberly, Billy, Trini and Jason?
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/11/17, 11:31 AM   #3
MMPR Forever
Power Ranger

DinoThunder never lived up to MMPR. Even with Tommy, who just wasn't the same. The only good season post MMPR has been Ninja Steel. But I am starting to think it should be counted as its own continuity.
MMPR Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/11/17, 08:21 PM   #4
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMPR Forever View Post
DinoThunder never lived up to MMPR. Even with Tommy, who just wasn't the same. The only good season post MMPR has been Ninja Steel. But I am starting to think it should be counted as its own continuity.
who said it was supposed to? It was never supposed to live up to MMPR and of course Tommy wouldn't have been the same when we first saw him in MMPR he was a teenager but he was no longer a teenager in Dino Thunder people who expect characters to never grow don't comprehend the concept of storytelling since you don't want characters to live in a bubble.
I beg to differ about the only good seasons post MMPR and at that this point in time we can't really say whether Ninja Steel is in its own continuity or not but considering we're having returning Rangers next year the odds are high that we can't.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/12/17, 11:35 AM   #5
Inner Senshi
Power Ranger

It doesn't matter ,they can do whatever they want because its a kids show. Continuity doesn't matter.
Inner Senshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/12/17, 11:37 AM   #6
Dino Blaze
Comic Relief

I didn't want the whole DinoThunder cast back. Just Tommy and Kira. Kira could have been the villain like how Rita went bad on Zordon.
Dino Blaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/20/17, 03:59 PM   #7
Impact Ranger
Putty Patroller

Every season counts and very few are in alternate universes.
Impact Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply