Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 09/16/14, 09:20 PM   #1
MattEmily
Administrator

Default Episode 19 - The Wrath

Here's the discussion thread for the new episode that Canal J (a France channel) will be airing on Friday.

The U.S. Nickelodeon channel likely won't be airing it until November 8th.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/21/14, 12:16 AM   #2
MattEmily
Administrator

Default Re: Episode 19 - The Wrath

This was posted on 9/19/14 by YellowAccel at RangerCrew.

http://www.rangercrew.com/forum/show...Airings/page20

Quote:
Episode 19: :

- Orion is about to return on his home planet. Ernie is crying. Emma bring Orion to his ship where the other Rangers await. Emma is crying as well. She hug him.
- Orion say he is glat he have met the Rangers and blabla lol
- Noah is impressed by Orion's ship.
- Emma give a flower to Orion. Gia give him some food to eat.
- Orion thanks the Rangers again. He tell them that he learnt a lot from them. Orion give his bracelet to Troy and Emma kiss Orion on the cheek.
- The Rangers goes to Ernie's.
- Tensou try to contact Orion to say him goodbye but he hear Marvo's message. Marvo say he will invade the Earth. The Rangers goes to the Command Center and Gosei tell them about Marvo's plan. Marvo call all the Armada in the whole galaxy.
- Troy say they are not alone. Troy the Rangers gave them their powers so i guess they Legendary Rangers gave the Ranger Key to Gosei.
- Levira attack the Earth with her own Megazord. The Rangers fight her with their Megazord but Levira's is too powerful. They use the "Ultimate Super Mega Cannon".
- Levira's Megazord is destroyed. Levira jump outside of the Megazord. The Imperial Guards save Levira and the Rangers fight them.
- Blue Mask, MMPR Red, Change Gryphon, Five Yellow and female Green Flash's keys are used. They are called Mode Prism, Mode Blitez, Mode Thunder and i forgot the last one. They kept Sun Vulcan's symbol though.
- Levira is destroyed but the Armada arrives.
- They transform into Megaforce Rangers to show to Marvo "Earth's defender, never surrender". Stock footage from Megaforce final. The city is attacked by the Armada.
- Super Mega Mode. They use their Megazord and Orion's Megazord and the Legendary Zord. They even use Goseiger's great power.
- Dynaman and Jetman's great powers are used.
- Orion hear Marvo's message.
- More soldier arrives. All the Zords are destroyed.
- Original footage of the Rangers falling from the Megazord. The Rangers are badly hurted. Marvo give a message to the Earthling saying the Rangers are dead and they have one night before the end of the Earth.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/16/14, 12:10 PM   #3
Titanium321
Ranger In Training

Send a message via ICQ to Titanium321

Orion's hat doesn't fit him. I can't help but notice it makes him look like a child in an adult size hat.

Also, Orion leaving sort of comes out of nowhere. Like... the bad guys are still around and more dangerous then ever. So... what a dick?

Wait, did they actually build an Armada Ship set piece to interact with or is that all CGI?

"I'll miss you most of all scarecrow."

I feel like I missed an episode or something here. I see this isn't out of order, so it's weird that when the Emperor actually shows up is when the Sixth Ranger willingly leaves. This is the kind of episode that should exist in a longer series as the action winds down, a calm before the storm, but here it happens as the action is building up to the biggest event, no calm to trick the characters or audience into how the Rangers are doing.

I did like "Troy's buying" "Wait what?" That was funny.

Orion didn't say goodbye to Tensou or Gosei? Did he even tell him he was leaving?

This is just a clunky episode, man. The Rangers are just flying around looking for bad guys now? Gosei can't sense them or detect them with his magic viewing screens that see everything else? Gosei didn't warn the Rangers the Armada wasn't done before Orion left? It's just bad man. Did they also give up on calling Orion back?

Oh yeah, they can morph into old rangers and pre-zyu footage. It has been a few episodes since they've used this gimmick and then messed up editing/new footage. I do like they actually named the Pre-Zyu stuff though and kept Prism and Blitz going. At this point I just expect and accept it because of this mess of an episode, but at least they named the new suits and even their weapons.

I wonder what will happen when they get to the legendary rangers in super mode formation or if they'll just keep Ultra Goseiger in there.

Wait, a student other than the rangers talked to Mr. Burly outside of class? This is serious.

"I thought Gosei said there'd be thousands, not millions." Well, I'm glad you finally realized Gosei was worthless as a source of information Noah. Too bad it's too late.

I guess this means no Ninjor. Also, what ever happened to the cameos, that just sort of stopped once Orion showed up. Does this mean all the cameos happen during the Legend War episodes? Including the White Ranger Tommy cameo?

The clunky excuse to have Q-Rex there is weird. Why even make Orion leave at all? It was just bad. It was like after actually trying this season, by the time they got to the end they just gave up and rushed everything in since they weren't building to anything as a story.

This episode however does reinforce my fanon theory that Power Rangers live in a universe where Evil has Won. The bad guys always start off as the worst or overpowering the good guys, but even when one bad guy force is beaten there is another just waiting in the shadows to fill the void. Usually when it's an alien force they also have total control of major sections of the universe, the Armada rules the whole Galaxy here. So even when the good guys win, evil is still out there bigger and badder waiting to strike Earth. So the good guys only win temporarily really. Earth is basically the only good spot in the universe when you think about it.
Titanium321 is offline Report Post
Titanium321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/16/14, 12:11 PM   #4
FalconFlyer
Shadow Ranger

Can't say i was all that into this episode, had a few okay moments, but honestly at this point i really don't care very much.

- the intro with Orion leaving earth was a somewhat touching scene, it's just too bad they didn't actually showcase much of what they were talking about (could have made for some much needed character growth), It would have been nice to show Orion being driven by revenge (for more than 5 minutes), and have the rangers help him get over it and adapt to living on Earth, (instead of him just magically landing a job somehow, living in a school locker, and showing up to fights at the last second). The scene with him leaving Ernie's was nice too, though once again they didn't build up too much of a relationship between them (but i suppose it was still good enough)

- also Orion u wanna go back to your presumably deserted planet to live a life of solitude, instead of hang out with the attractive earth girl?....... why?, I'd understand if there were any survivors on your planet (though Emma would still make a convincing argument) but from what u said everyone was dead. 

- still don't get why he's leaving though, I mean they just killed 2 princes of the armada, do they really expect there to be no retaliation? It should be obvious even to a child that the fight isn't over yet, especially since 2 seconds later Tensou intercepts and armada signal, and Troy then suddenly remembers that there were more generals on the Armada Flag ship (not to mention Levira), and then Gosei tells them about Mavro (instead of u know warning them that they just killed the EMPEROR'S sons and he's probably gonna retaliate, while they're running around thinking the fights over cuz they're kinda stupid that way),

- this whole scene just ends up being a waste of time since Orion leaves (then rushes back) even though is sentai counterpart is actually IN THE FIGHT, (seriously SB now is when u decide to write about Orion's absense?)

- also while I normally find Jake to be entertaining due to his charisma, they really didn't handle the Jake/Gia pairing very well, and the line "everyone loves me except for some very stubborn people? I know it's a kid's show but no..... just.... no

- as harsh as it may sound, I cant think of a single speech Troy's given that's remotely inspiring, even this one which translates to

Quote:
Rangers: " what are we gonna do? the Armada is gonna attack us"
Troy: "we have the powers of over 100 rangers, including ones that shouldn't exist, not to mention our old fleet of zords you morons"
- is written in such a preachy way that instead of agreeing with him, i'm just waiting for him to stop talking because it's just so grating to listen to.

- the fight against Levira's zord starts off decent, but its over too quickly (as usual), and i don't even wanna waste my energy getting frustrated over EVEN MORE prezyus appearing (but seriously SB u shot ORIGINAL footage of the prezyus?!) u know with Lightspeed having a brief appearance at the end of the season, It would have been nice to show them in action at least once

- I'll give them some credit for the introduction to the armada fleet, that actually did have some gravitas to it, with the rangers and the citizens looking genuinely concerned at the millions of ships, and then the rangers being thoroughly defeated and passed out on the ground (after putting up a fight)

- however I'd feel generous giving this episode even a 2/5, also that promo for the next ep, is borderline false advertising.
Old 11/16/14, 04:24 PM   #5
mbozzo
Power Ranger

'The Wrath' is a fair episode. It manage to merge 3 or more Sentai episodes into one. The Megaforce Rangers fought 3 episodes worth of battles in this one. The writers should have waited until the end of next episode to have Orion leave. I hope that the next episode is far better.
mbozzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply