Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 12/20/17, 11:23 AM   #1
PRFan4Ever
Putty Patroller

Default I want to be a Power Ranger

How do I get a role as a Ranger on the show? Perferably the season after Super Ninja Steel.
PRFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/20/17, 11:24 AM   #2
PRangerX
Administrator

Default Re: I want to be a Power Ranger

Your best bet is to go to acting school and get an agent. Get experience and audition for the show when. you are ready. Which will probably be longer than the following season.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/20/17, 11:27 AM   #3
Goldar's Revenge
Power Ranger

Acting is hard work. And itsnot that easy to succeed. I wouldn't presue it just because you want to get on Power Rangers. Do it because its the career you want to have .
Goldar's Revenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/20/17, 11:28 AM   #4
A Gia To Remember
Power Ranger

It would be cool to play a Ranger though.
A Gia To Remember is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/20/17, 11:39 AM   #5
Maligore
Power Ranger

You won't make a lot of mlney since Saban Brands is too cheap.
Maligore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/20/17, 11:42 AM   #6
PRFan4Ever
Putty Patroller

Thanks guys. I don't really have the time or money for acting classes. And I can't really see myself getting an agent. I really don't want to be in anything else. I just want to play a Power Ranger for a season. Money isn't an issue. I'll even do my own stunts! I was kinda just hoping to audition and get the role. I am a big fan and understand what they want in Ranger Actors.
PRFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/20/17, 11:44 AM   #7
Massive Ego
Power Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRFan4Ever View Post
Thanks guys. I don't really have the time or money for acting classes. And I can't really see myself getting an agent. I really don't want to be in anything else. I just want to play a Power Ranger for a season. Money isn't an issue. I'll even do my own stunts! I was kinda just hoping to audition and get the role. I am a big fan and understand what they want in Ranger Actors.
Sounds like you would be better off finding a cosplay group or something. There is more to being on the show than "playing a Power Ranger".
Massive Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/20/17, 11:48 AM   #8
Goldar's Revenge
Power Ranger

I figured this was going where it was going. No offense but it sounds like you just want to be on the show because you are a fan and think it will be fun to play a Power Ranger. Its not some game . Acting is a very hard job that really has a low success rate. They aren't going to cast you because you are a fan. Certainly not for such a major role as a Power Ranger. And I am very curious about this next question. Do you understand that even if you were cast, you would have to live in New Zealand for several months?
Goldar's Revenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/20/17, 01:11 PM   #9
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRangerX View Post
Your best bet is to go to acting school and get an agent. Get experience and audition for the shlw whe. you are ready. Which will probably be longer than the following season.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maligore View Post
You won't make a lot of mlney since Saban Brands is too cheap.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PRFan4Ever View Post
Thanks guys. I don't really have the time or money for acting classes. And I can't really see myself getting an agent. I really don't want to be in anything else. Imjust want to play a Power Rangers for a season. Money isn't an issue. I'll even do my own stunts! I was kinda just hoping to audition and get the role. I am a big fan and understand what thry want in Ranger Actors.
exactly as PRangerX and our resident "cheap bird" Maligore said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldar's Revenge View Post
I figured this was going where it was going. No offense but it sounds like you just want to be on the show because you are a fan and think it will be fun to play a Power Ranger. Its not some game . Acting is a very hard job that really has a low success rate. They aren't going to cast you because you are a fan. Certainly not for such a major role as a Power Ranger. And I am very curious about this next question. Do you understand that even if you were cast, you would have to live in New Zealand for several months?
Goldar's Revenge is partially correct.
You would have to be at Power Morphicon for the cast reveal then you leave for New Zealand soon afterwards for boot camp and filming and your holiday won't start until sometime in December at which point you're allowed to go back home for Christmas and New Year's but you'll have to go back in the middle of January and can't leave until filming has wrapped in May.
Also on top of all of that you generally have to get up way early in the morning like 4 or 5 their time and you would have like 16 hour days.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/20/17, 07:25 PM   #10
Doomsday
Comic Relief

Suffice it to say, being an actor isn't fun. If you just want to cosplay PR, you don't become an actor to do it. If you don't want to go to acting school or get an agent, I don't see how you will have any real chance to get on the show.
Doomsday is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply