Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > The Time Warp > Power Rangers Modern Archives
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 11/11/11, 11:33 PM   #1
MattEmily
Administrator

Default Power Rangers - what would have been different?

I've been going through various past episodes of Power Rangers as well as Sentai and it gave me a question that I thought would be a good discussion topic for Power Rangers.

Now as we all know, Saban sold Fox Family Worldwide during 2001 which meant it would have been during Time Force's post production and apparently Wild Force's pre-production.

Now the question that I'm wondering is how different things would be from Wild Force until and including RPM provided Saban was still the owner and never sold Power Rangers to Disney as part of the Fox Family Worldwide package.

The main thing this focuses on is in regards to Saban (the company, not the person) always wanting to have 2 girls on a team so that likely would have been 1 of the changes since we would more than likely always have 2 girls on every team provided Saban was still in charge.

So with Ninja Storm, Dino Thunder and Jungle Fury... provided Saban owned thm and made them and provided they indeed kept to the 2 female Rangers per team thing, which other Ranger would likely be the female Ranger?

Also another change likely would have been "Forever Red." We likely wouldn't have gotten it. Also we wouldn't have any continuity references such as the Ninja Storm villains mentioning the planet of Triforia, Tommy would have never came back in Dino Thunder, there would be no connection between Mystic Force and Overdrive, S.P.D. likely wouldn't have been set in the future and who knows what else would have ended up changing other than Rita also wouldn't be the Mystic Mother. (and before someone says something in regards to this, it was stated in an episode of Mystic Force that Rita is indeed the Mystic Mother. Regardless of you not watching Mystic Force doesn't change what was shown and/or actually plainly stated within Mystic Force.)
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/12/11, 12:14 AM   #2
Zabitan
Administrator

Default Re: Power Rangers - what would have been different?

That's a good question.

I guess with regards to Ninja Storm I always figured they would make Hunter a girl since he was the closest to a Pink Ranger, and the blue ranger was already a girl.

Not too sure about Dino Thunder since there's a White Ranger which has been female but at the same time he's the closest thing to a 6th Ranger on the show, and non of them have been female.

Same with Jungle Fury

Not too sure about the continuity references since they were doing team ups, reusing old monster suits even before Wild Force so there was still the same universe for all the shows.
Zabitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/12/11, 03:11 AM   #3
MattEmily
Administrator

I can definitely see them making the Crimson Thunder Ranger as a girl.

With Dino Thunder.... let's see... there was Red, Blue, Yellow, Black and White. Yellow was already a girl so I think it likely would have been either Blue or Black.

For Jungle Fury.... probably would have been Wolf Ranger if anyone.

Yeah, they were obviously doing teamups even before Time Force... however they've never made references to the past before outside of teamups. I mean in regards to Saban seasons. and in the case of reusing monster suits? That doesn't really count as a continuity reference, it's just Saban being cheap and trying to cut costs.
Old 11/12/11, 06:28 PM   #4
Mnikolic
Comic Relief

Wild Force would still be the same, it would have the same story, just different cast. We would still get the TF/WF ream-up, but we would also get a two-parter for Forever Red, as originally intended.

As for Ninja Storm, I think that season was designed to have only 1 female member in the power team. But since Tori was the Blue Wind Ranger, it would make sense that the Navy Thunder Ranger would also be a girl.

DinoThunder would have a different story, there would be no Tommy and the cast and characters would be also different.

S.P.D. would be still a police/space patrol series and I don't think it would be much different.

Mystic Force, Operation Overdrive, Jungle Fury and RPM would be completely different, they would have more episodes (at least 40 each) and we would get bigger stories, perhaps those seasons would be able to tell more stories themselves as well.

The theme songs would be definitely different than the ones we actually got.

There would be annual team-ups, including a WF/NS, S.P.D./MF, MF/OO + a forever-type of team-up, OO/JF and a JF/RPM team-up.

And as of today, we wouldn't have just 720 episodes of Power Rangers, but about 738 of them if NS-RPM would have 40 episodes each (give or take, since Saban could also end up with a season that would be longer than 40 episodes back in the old days, so if seasons would have 45 episodes each, we would have 773 episodes by now), NOT counting Samurai.
Mnikolic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/13/11, 03:07 AM   #5
MattEmily
Administrator

Wild Force wouldn't have ended up changing much since it was still the same production crew. Granted the theme we heard after Time Force ended would have been the actual theme instead of the theme that we got though.

Also it's doubtful we would have even gotten "Forever Red" since friends of the production crew have been on record as claiming that "Forever Red" was only done because Wild Force was supposed to be the last season and that's only because Disney was in charge of Wild Force. Saban wouldn't have had any plans of ending the show at all.
Old 11/13/11, 07:17 AM   #6
Mnikolic
Comic Relief

I agree, but I still think Saban would have made Forever Red, because it was the 10th and an anniversary season of the show, besides, if FR wasn't to be made if Saban would be still in charge of the franchise, I'm sure he would come up with something so we would see members of the previous PR teams in action once again somehow.
Mnikolic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/13/11, 10:19 PM   #7
MattEmily
Administrator

Also another change with Wild Force likely would have been another case of "resurrecting the dead" since it's likely Cole's parents would have been brought back provided Saban was still in charge and the show was still airing on Fox Kids.
Post New ThreadReply