Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 01/22/18, 05:28 PM   #1
No More Pink
Putty Patroller

Default Why did they bother replacing Kim?

I liked Kat as the antagonist but she became totally uninteresting as Pink Ranger. Why did they even bother replacing Kim with no Pink Shogun Zord? They had a built in reason to get rid of the Pink Rangers. Since they were doing a powerloss storyline with Princess Kimberly. And they didn't need a new Pink Ranger until Zeo. At least Tanya would have been less annoying.
No More Pink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/22/18, 05:37 PM   #2
Zord Commander
Comic Relief

Default Re: Why did they bother replacing Kim?

You would have still needed a yellow that was female. And Kat was a built in replacement for Kim. Even with Five Shotgun Zords they still needed a second female with Zeo. If Karen Ashley didn't leave too, then maybe you would have a case.

But there is no way you could have had Billy as a male yellow. Since the Sentai Footage clearly showed yellow as a female. Unlike with Zyuranger, MMPR could have gone with either gender for yellow.
Zord Commander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/22/18, 06:11 PM   #3
Dragonzord Fan
Putty Patroller

The Kat Storyline made season 3. It made total sense to intro a new Pink while you had Kat. And we know it worked out with the Ohranger footage. Season 3 was almost done anyway.
Dragonzord Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/22/18, 06:30 PM   #4
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by No More Pink View Post
I liked Kat as the antagonist but she became totally uninteresting as Pink Ranger. Why did they even bother replacing Kim with no Pink Shogun Zord? They had a built in reason to get rid of the Pink Rangers. Since they were doing a powerloss storyline with Princess Kimberly. And they didn't need a new Pink Ranger until Zeo. At least Tanya would have been less annoying.
because they didn't want Kat to continue being evil her actress was hired to replace Amy Jo from the get-go since they knew A.J. was on her way out and they wanted to continue having 6 Rangers regardless of whether of how many zords they had but I disagree about her being uninteresting as a Ranger you're just one of those who hates her because she replaced your precious Kimberly.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/22/18, 06:50 PM   #5
No More Pink
Putty Patroller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattEmily View Post
because they didn't want Kat to continue being evil her actress was hired to replace Amy Jo from the get-go since they knew A.J. was on her way out and they wanted to continue having 6 Rangers regardless of whether of how many zords they had but I disagree about her being uninteresting as a Ranger you're just one of those who hates her because she replaced your precious Kimberly.
I hate Kimberly and was glad to get rid of her. It's very rare that I like any of the Pinks. And even then I wish tney had anlther color. Since I find it insulting that they have to have a token Pink Ranger most seasons.

But I find most of the Pink Rangers to be poorly written stereotypes. Kimberly is at the top of the list for me and my least favorite Ranger. So she has nothing to do with why I don't like Kat.

I actually really liked Kat as the evil spy. It doesn't mean I wanted her to remain a villian forever. I just didn't like her character when they made her Pink. She just became this weak character that only existed to be Tommy's new love interest. She lost a lot of the spunk she had before.

I would have just wrote her off once her villain arch was done. No replacement for Kim was needed. Worry about a Pink for Zeo then. Its shame Ohranger Yellow wasn't gender neutral like Zyuranger Yellow. Its stupid that Toei puts skirts on characters that are female anyway.
Old 01/23/18, 05:43 PM   #6
Hexagon Ranger
Power Ranger

They probably knew they were going to need another Pink the following season. I see no reason why they should have got rid of the Pink Ranger for just a few episodes. They cast Sutherland to start before Johnson finished up anyway.
Hexagon Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/23/18, 05:44 PM   #7
Kimberly Hart
Power Ranger

Its a shame Amy Jo couldn't have stayed through the end of season 3.
Kimberly Hart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/23/18, 06:00 PM   #8
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by No More Pink View Post
I hate Kimberly and was glad to get rid of her. Ita very rare that I like any of the Pinks. And even then I wish tney had anlther color. Since I find it insulting that they have to have a token Pink Ranger most seasons.

But I find most of the Pink Rangers to be poorly written stereotypes. Kimberly is at the top of the list for me and my least favorite Ranger. So she has nothing to do with why I don't like Kat.

I actually really liked Kat as the evil spy. It doesn't mean I wanted her to remain a villian forever. I just didn't like her character when they made her Pink. She just became this weak character that only existed to be Tommy's new love interest. She losr a lot of the spunk she had before.

I would have just wrote her off once her villain arch was done. No replacement for Kim was needed. Worry about a Pink for Zeo then. Its. same Ohranger Yellow was gender neutral like Zyuranger Yellow. Its stupid that Toei puts skirts on characters that are female anyway.
wow harsh much? it's not their fault they have to deal with a Pink Ranger they're forced with what Toei gives them. I disagree with Kat becoming weak she still had some strong character points such as in the Brick Bully episode as well as when she and Tommy went to the Moon to get the Zeo Crystal but other than those episodes she really didn't have much.

OhYellow wasn't gender neutral she had a skirt someone might need to look again at their facts. Catherine wasn't hired to be just a villain and be done with her that wasn't why she was hired whoever became Kat was going to be replacing Kimberly. There was no changing their minds there.

I don't know why they put skirts on the female suits but for whatever reason there's some reason for why they did so just like why they decided on not going for skirts for Dekaranger even for the female suits.
Old 01/23/18, 06:17 PM   #9
No More Pink
Putty Patroller

I know I meant to say wasn't, fixed it.
Old 01/23/18, 06:29 PM   #10
MattEmily
Administrator

the skirt thing has been going on for ages in fact they started it with their 2nd Sentai; JAKQ even though they were still using cheap material.
Post New ThreadReply