Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 01/22/18, 05:54 PM   #31
Zord Commander
Comic Relief

Default Re: Claire as Mystic White

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattEmily View Post
nah it's an interesting idea going with someone who isn't Red since that's predictable but I think it should've been 1 of the weaker Rangers maybe Maddie? I mean she was their weak link.
I agree. Claire got plenty of focus. She didn't need more. One of MF's problems was focusing on the minor characters more than anyone not named Nick. And lets face it, even if you made Claire White Ranger, she wouldn't be a Ranger until the very end. We didn't need a non Ranger replacing Nick.

You have a vood idea with Madison. Give her half the focus Nick had and she would have been a much better character. Her speach to rally Nick in the finale proved that her actress and character could have done much more.
Zord Commander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/22/18, 06:05 PM   #32
Dragonzord Fan
Putty Patroller

I really didn't like Claire and the the Gatekeeper Plot was out of nowhere. And then at the end she suddenly is a great sorceress because Mystic Mother said it was so? Having her as a Ranger would have been even worse.
Dragonzord Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/24/18, 05:42 PM   #33
Captain Mutiny
Power Ranger

Claire didn't need to be a Ranger. She was special just the way she was. I would say it was too much that they had her take Udonna's place.
Captain Mutiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/24/18, 05:51 PM   #34
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonzord Fan View Post
I really didn't like Claire and the the Gatekeeper Plot was out of nowhere. And then at the end she suddenly is a great sorceress because Mystic Mother said it was so?
I disagree. The Gatekeeper plot wasn't out of nowhere. Clare becoming a sorceress makes sense granted I think it was too early for her to become one but the Mystic Mother is the most powerful sorceress in their realm so yes I do believe she has the say so and the powers to make someone a sorceress BUT I think they need to have wizard or sorceress training in order to become one meaning they need to be a skilled magic user
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/24/18, 08:43 PM   #35
Astro Omega
Power Ranger

Mystic White seemed pretty weak. Since the powers were only used at the beginning and end of the season. They just seemed tacked on.
Astro Omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/24/18, 09:22 PM   #36
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astro Omega View Post
Mystic White seemed pretty weak. Since the powers were only used at the beginning and end of the season. They just seemed tacked on.
she couldn't morph during the season all she had was her Wand which wasn't her Morpher her Snow Staff was her Morpher and because of footage reasons they couldn't do anything about it because it was the same thing in Magiranger
Old 01/25/18, 12:02 PM   #37
Maligore
Power Ranger

If Disney wasn't so cheap they could have filmed new White Ranger Footage. Maybe new Gatekeeper too.
Maligore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/25/18, 02:14 PM   #38
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maligore View Post
If Disney wasn't so cheap they could have filmed new White Ranger Footage. Maybe new Gatekeeper too.
true about the White Ranger but they really couldn't do much with the Gatekeeper if they didn't have access to her "Mystic" suit since remember they were at the whim with Toei when it came to most suits. Toei didn't send them the transformed suit? then Disney couldn't do anything with it other than what was already provided to them
Old 01/29/18, 07:44 PM   #39
I Love Lothor
Ranger In Training

I liked Claire better as comic relief. I would have rather have gone without the gatekeeper subplot or Claire becoming a competent sorceress.
I Love Lothor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/29/18, 08:43 PM   #40
Captain Codfish
Power Ranger

This would have beem a very good idea. I think the character of Claire would have made for a good Underdog Ranger. I wish they had gone this route. Especially with the Gatekeeper Arch showing us how important Claire really was, even in the real storyline.
Captain Codfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply