Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 08/23/09, 02:16 PM   #1
ryanhous007
Putty Patroller

Default Gold Ranger and his Morpher

in the Japanese version he morphs the same as the rest so why is it different in the English version?
ryanhous007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/24/09, 02:16 PM   #2
thunderultrazord
Putty Patroller

Default Re: Gold Ranger and his Morpher

I don't know really, I guess it's because Saban just wanted to make a morph sequence that was different to the way the Green and White Ranger morphed to make him more special and stand out from the core five.
thunderultrazord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/12/15, 03:22 PM   #3
MattEmily
Administrator

I think it was different because they had changed the source of the powers.
Yes it was claimed that the Gold Ranger's power source was identical to that of the Zeo Crystal powers but Trey was never shown using a Morpher for anything at all although he did have access to a Zeonizer Crystal in order to activate Pyramidas... so this would lead me to believe that the Gold Ranger powers did not have a traditional Morpher and instead he ended up using his Staff in order to activate them... this would also seem to indicate to be the case since the Staff would appear as part of Jason's stock morph sequence when morphing into the Gold Ranger... and they apparently were trying to make it so that the Staff seemed ultra powerful since it was used to activate the Super Zeozords, it was capable of re-merging the 3 Treys into 1 and it was capable of causing the Rangers to grow which would stand to reason that it holds immense power.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/12/15, 06:26 PM   #4
Mr. CD
Ranger In Training

I always assume the when Jason got the Gold Ranger powers, the Golden Power Staff went inside Jason and when he morphed, he just call on the power from within.
Mr. CD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/12/15, 11:57 PM   #5
MattEmily
Administrator

that's a good theory although how would that actually work though? since he was actually capable of calling for the Staff outside of morph which would mean the power would no longer be inside of him.
Old 06/13/15, 06:58 AM   #6
Forever Pink
Comic Relief

I wish Jason would have gotten a regular Zeonizer. The power staff as a morpher didn't fit.
Forever Pink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/13/15, 10:44 AM   #7
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Pink View Post
I wish Jason would have gotten a regular Zeonizer. The power staff as a morpher didn't fit.
sure it fit. The Gold Ranger powers weren't treated the same as the regular Zeo powers. The Triforians needed to be 3 beings-merged-into-one in order to even use the powers.

The Zeonizers were made by Zordon, Alpha 5 and Billy to tap into the powers of the Zeo Crystal... a Zeonizer wouldn't have fit for a Gold Ranger if he wasn't powered by the same Crystal.
Post New ThreadReply