Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > General Fandom Discussion

Share This Forum!  

View Poll Results: are you interested or not interested in one my story pitches?
we like the season pitch based on goseiger 0 0%
we like the season pitch based on gokaiger 0 0%
we like them both 1 50.00%
we dont like them both 1 50.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

Post New ThreadReply

Old 09/10/11, 01:02 PM   #1
roberert12134124
Putty Patroller

Default two season pitch for 2012 and 2013 of power rangers

Look just either move these stories to the fan section or not because these are the possible future seasons of power rangers written by me so that i can hope that you people will like it so that i can send it to saban,if you like it then im pleased if not then help me improve it or find me a message board where people can appreciate my tales here they are:

1. Power ranger’s season based on Goseiger .
The season is based on the source material Goseiger which has the angelic theme , The rangers are aliens who come from a planet similar to our planet Earth but its inhabitants are different because their duties is t protect the planet from evil invasion beings, One of the evil invasion beings has destroyed their only way of transportation that can travel between their world and ours, Now stranded on our planet the rangers are taken care of by a 10 year old boy who met the red ranger earlier and are trying to find their way back to their planet, while continuing their duties as protectors of the earth ,they also have find out who knows about their secret to the invaders and why.
A comic relief character will be a newspaper reporter who wants to expose the rangers to the whole world but his antics leads him to trouble and failure. The robot who is the ally of the current power rangers is the American counterpart of the goseigers robot ally Datas, His robot body in the show will look like Datas Hyper (Datas 2nd form) body because it will be ridiculous to show datas anime eyes in this season , The American counterpart of Datas (in Datas hyper body) personality will be a combination of C-3PO and alpha, when battle comes he will grow giant. The 6th ranger (American counterpart of goseiknight, who is a robot but will not have a civilian identity and will be voiced by sentai actors of this seasons source material such as Yudai Chiba, Kyousuke Hamao, Kento Ono or Katsuyuki Konishi (who may portray as the American counterpart of his role) If they know English.

2.Power ranger’s season based on Gokaiger .
The 2013 season of Power Rangers is loosely based on the sentai anniversary season Gokaiger it may or it may not have a pirate theme because for me its ridiculous,The Story begins in 1993 (which will take place after the episode green with evil: breaking the spell) where an invasion force (who are not rita and lord zed) are invading the planet and the rangers of 1993 (The Mighty morphin Power Rangers) can’t handle this situation alone so Zordon sends down every power rangers from the future and other dimensions from 1996 to 2012 to help them,After the crisis is ended the rangers are victorious but some of the earlier rangers (even zordon) felt that the invaders will return, So they decided to transfer half of their powers to a different set of power coins which has the images of their helmets and have their memories about their fateful meeting and their battle with the invaders erased until they return.
Many years later (2013) the new rangers (who are not pirates like their Japanese counterparts but rebels) from a different planet which is conquered by the same invaders from 1993 landed on earth because they are trying to find a source that can defeat them, But the invaders follow them as well and set their headquarters on the moon ,Now the rangers must find a source to defeat the invaders by trying to master the powers of previous rangers and to understand why they have to protect the earth.
My concept will have the rangers morphin device look similar to the mighty morphing power rangers morphing device (the belt buckle with coin centre thing)because the coins have the previous rangers helmets imprinted on them which will also pay homage to the original rangers first morphing device from the first three seasons, Instead of them turning into previous rangers (like their Japanese counterparts) they will summon them in the form of shadow puppets to help the rangers. The sixth ranger will be similar like his Japanese counterpart who is a sentai fanatic but he controls the previous extra rangers as puppets as well. The red ranger’s battelizer will have to be powered by the mighty morphin red ranger coin to space ranger coins (Which will also pay homage to the plot line from 1993-1998).
The previous rangers will be cast by their actors from the previous seasons but if some of them will not recast then their characters will appear in their costume forms but are going to be voiced by different actors,The American counterpart of Basco to jolokia the enemy of gokaired will be an American made evil ranger whose costume will look just like the red rangers costume but its color will be dark red and has a scar on its visor It will be potrayed by one of the male sentai actors from gokaiger (if one of them knows english) . The American counterpart of navi gokaigers informant parrot will be replaced by a different type of alpha who will be the homage to the original alpha.
The ship mecha of gokaiger will either be pirate sailing ship or a battleship instead, their cockpit will look similar to star trek enterprise cockpit and when the megazord uses the powers of previous megazord the red rangers seat will turn into a part of the previous megazords cockpit (eg the samurai seat) and instead of Akared it will have billy or Andros who give the red ranger coins (since he now remembers that the invaders have returned) because he is either Andros or billys apprentice."
P.S: The reason why i change some parts of the pirate theme is because since gokaiger are just trying to find some treasure rather than saving earth (that according to my theory that it will be revealed in the final episode that saving the earth is the greatest treasure itself) it will be bad for the 2013 plot so i change to rangers to rebellions who are trying to find some source like a mysterious weapon to save their planet including those planets which were conquered by the invaders.

Last edited by roberert12134124; 09/14/11 at 09:04 AM. Reason: Improving its grammar,sentence and line spacing.
roberert12134124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/11/11, 03:14 PM   #2
PRangerX
Administrator

Default Re: two season pitch for 2012 and 2013 of power rangers

You're ideas aren't bad, but you should know that posting an official pitch on a message board isn't a good idea. Saban Brands can't legally accept a pitch from a fan. You need to get an agent and actually become a professional writer. Not saying thats easy. Good luck.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/13/11, 09:42 AM   #3
roberert12134124
Putty Patroller

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRangerX View Post
You're ideas aren't bad, but you should know that posting an official pitch on a message board isn't a good idea. Saban Brands can't legally accept a pitch from a fan. You need to get an agent and actually become a professional writer. Not saying thats easy. Good luck.
Okay I see maybe ill try that in the near future but few doubts:
1. is there some other writers who gains success without getting an agent or as a professional writer?(Even though i thought i was a professional writer.)
2.Can you send everyone to come to my forum and ask if my stories are great or not and vote their opnions in my poll?
3.Since you choose that 4th choice how am i going to make everyone like one or both of my stories can you give me some advice?
Old 09/14/11, 08:32 PM   #4
PRangerX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by roberert12134124 View Post
Okay I see maybe ill try that in the near future but few doubts:
1. is there some other writers who gains success without getting an agent or as a professional writer?(Even though i thought i was a professional writer.)
2.Can you send everyone to come to my forum and ask if my stories are great or not and vote their opnions in my poll?
3.Since you choose that 4th choice how am i going to make everyone like one or both of my stories can you give me some advice?
1. Not in this era. Amit Bhaumik is a PR fan that ended up writing for the show. But he had connections and went to film school. He may have even had an agent.

What have you done to make yourself think that you are a professional writer? That isn't an insult or me mocking you in anyway. I just want to know what you have for qualifications.

By definition a professional writer writes for a living. Fan Fic writers aren't considered professional writers. It doesn't mean that they aren't good though.

2. Post the link to you're forum here and people can go if they want. You may post something in the ad forum and/or fan fic section as well.

3. Well if you are serious about pitching this to Saban Brands, you don't need to impress us. And quite frankly I wouldn't post it on message boards.

Now if you just want to write a fan fic? My advice is to make an outline ( which you seem to already have done) and revise it. Then do a first draft of you're first episode and revise. And repeat with you;re other stories. Find a fan to peer edit if you really want feedback. Posting about this in the fan fic sections of the bigger boards might evoke a better response then posting in the general PR section of Rangerboard.

Also, don't beg for feedback. It just turns people off. I've learned this the hard way. I wish you luck.
Old 09/16/11, 02:09 AM   #5
roberert12134124
Putty Patroller

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRangerX View Post
1. Not in this era. Amit Bhaumik is a PR fan that ended up writing for the show. But he had connections and went to film school. He may have even had an agent.

What have you done to make yourself think that you are a professional writer? That isn't an insult or me mocking you in anyway. I just want to know what you have for qualifications.

By definition a professional writer writes for a living. Fan Fic writers aren't considered professional writers. It doesn't mean that they aren't good though.

2. Post the link to you're forum here and people can go if they want. You may post something in the ad forum and/or fan fic section as well.

3. Well if you are serious about pitching this to Saban Brands, you don't need to impress us. And quite frankly I wouldn't post it on message boards.

Now if you just want to write a fan fic? My advice is to make an outline ( which you seem to already have done) and revise it. Then do a first draft of you're first episode and revise. And repeat with you;re other stories. Find a fan to peer edit if you really want feedback. Posting about this in the fan fic sections of the bigger boards might evoke a better response then posting in the general PR section of Rangerboard.

Also, don't beg for feedback. It just turns people off. I've learned this the hard way. I wish you luck.
Well I have some replies,I have something to say
Maybe Amit Bhaumik might have had connections maybe a relative and he did went to film school and maybe took script writing,And you know what Of course I'm serious about pitching this to Saban Brands,but that's not until most people even you people in this forum appreciate it first,Because it needs appreciation before sending it to the company,You see i took a class in animation course which is 2d and 3d classes that it even has script writing,I may even graduate later onward.
Oh by the way thanks for asking me about a thing for Ad forum but can you tell me how i can show my stories in this "Ad forum"? and another thing I improved the grammar and line spacing of my two stories.
Old 09/16/11, 08:03 AM   #6
Kamen Rider Decade
Mentor

Quote:
Of course I'm serious about pitching this to Saban Brands,but that's not until most people even you people in this forum appreciate it first
If you keep posing your pitches on message boards no company will ever hire you or buy your story.

Nobody is going to buy the cow when they can get the milk for free.
Kamen Rider Decade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/16/11, 11:26 AM   #7
roberert12134124
Putty Patroller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamen Rider Decade View Post
If you keep posing your pitches on message boards no company will ever hire you or buy your story.

Nobody is going to buy the cow when they can get the milk for free.
Well suit yourself anyway but lets forget about the saban brands thing and focus on one purpose what do you people think of my story if not then which plot went wrong so i can correct it and answer for this reason.
Old 09/18/11, 01:45 PM   #8
PRangerX
Administrator

Quote:
Well I have some replies,I have something to say
Maybe Amit Bhaumik might have had connections maybe a relative and he did went to film school and maybe took script writing,And you know what Of course I'm serious about pitching this to Saban Brands,but that's not until most people even you people in this forum appreciate it first,Because it needs appreciation before sending it to the company,You see i took a class in animation course which is 2d and 3d classes that it even has script writing,I may even graduate later onward.
Oh by the way thanks for asking me about a thing for Ad forum but can you tell me how i can show my stories in this "Ad forum"? and another thing I improved the grammar and line spacing of my two stories.
Thats good that you have some education in this field. But posting a pitch for a official project is not a good idea. This isn't the place for it. Once you post it on a online it becomes a fan fic. And fan fics can't be legally used.

If you are serious about getting into the business I suggest practice and hiring an agent. There is no quick way into the business. And PR doesn't even really have a writing staff anymore. They are basically dubbers in a sense.

You can post you're stories in the ad forum here or the fan fic forum. You should have access to those. Although, if you still want to pitch this to Saban Brands, I suggest not posting anymore.

Really, if you insist on doing this, why not email Saban Brands themselves? You might have better luck. I'm not putting you're project down. Just being realistic.
Old 10/08/11, 10:17 AM   #9
roberert12134124
Putty Patroller

I have something to say if i were part of the power rangers production crew ,I promise that i will relocate the filming location to Canada,I can sometimes have the some of the sentai actors of the show which the current rangers season is based from to act as cameo appearances,guest stars or even part of the main casts And i promise that i will make the plots of the power rangers which will be appreciated for both older and younger audiences (unlike samurai which kids like it but some of the older fans don't like it)
Old 10/08/11, 01:33 PM   #10
Kamen Rider Decade
Mentor

Quote:
I have something to say if i were part of the power rangers production crew ,I promise that i will relocate the filming location to Canada
That is not a decision you could make as part of the crew or even if you were in charge of production. That is a decision made by the corporation based on location filming costs and taxes or even their whims. You could try to persuade upper management but ultimately you are just another cog in the machine.

Quote:
And i promise that i will make the plots of the power rangers which will be appreciated for both older and younger audiences (unlike samurai which kids like it but some of the older fans don't like it)
If Saban wants to aim the show at the youngest possible age guess what you will have to make the show do that. To do that you can't make a show appreciated by all the older fans. Even if Saban wanted to make a show aimed at nothing but the older fans you couldn't make one that all older fans would appreciate it is simply impossible. Some older fans prefer the shitty corny campy seasons. Some older fans prefer more mature themes. Some older fans will just take whatever they get regardless of the huge load of shit the show is.

In short you can't do what you would like. Also the chances of you being on the production crew are next to nil.
Kamen Rider Decade is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
gokaiger, goseiger, power, rangers