Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Off-Topic Discussion > VR Troopers Online

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 01/17/11, 07:43 PM   #1
Zabitan
Administrator

Default Rip offs of PR: VR Troopers

http://blip.tv/file/3876218/

So with the recent hype surrounding Linkara's History of Power Rangers videos a lot of folks have tried their hands at similar videos one such video is this one talking about VR Troopers.

It's just a user review, and not by any of the main reviewers on the site but I thought I'd post this anyway.

I gotta say though there's not much I would do differently other then go into a bit more detail on certain things like the differences, and similarities to the metal hero shows though to do it the way I have it in my head right I would need all the episodes from season 2 in HQ as well as HQ subs from Metalder, Spielvan, and Shaider.

But yeah I thought I would share this with everybody.
Zabitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/17/11, 07:43 PM   #2
PRangerX
Administrator

This is a good find and just the sort of thing I'd like to see in this section. As the beginning of organzing an online VR Troopers fandom will be pointing out all the little stuff that is out there. I thought it would be cool to see Linkara do a review of VR Troopers. I don't know if he'd be interested though. But its cool that someone tried their own. I look foward to watching it.

Edit: I just got done watching it. It ended up being a well done review. Pretty on par with Linkara's. It was well balanced and honest. And very factually accurate. The reviewer clearly has a firm grasp of the material here. The review was easy to listen to and had plenty of good footage. It got all the main details of the two seasons in the video. Its a good trip down memory lane.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/17/11, 07:43 PM   #3
Zabitan
Administrator

Well Linkara has said he doesn't know what he'll do after History of PR but at the same time he doesn't want people telling him what to review.

At the same time his last review was Lightspeed Rescue, and he's just started work on Time Force so by the time he finishes History of Power Rangers the new season might start so who knows.

Another thing I forgot to mention was that if I did a video review of VR Troopers I would have follow it up with some History of Metal Hero type series where I would talk about all the various Metal Hero shows from Gavan to Robotack to explain the Japanese super hero shows VR Troopers was based on.
Zabitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/17/11, 07:44 PM   #4
PRangerX
Administrator

Yeah, as much as there is a lack of VR Troopers stuff on the web, there seems to be even more of a lack of Metal Hero's content.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply