Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 02/04/18, 09:30 AM   #11
Maligore
Power Ranger

Default Re: Adlibing on set

I'm surprised Saban doesn't allow adlibbing. Then he wouldn't have to pay the writers.We know how cheap he is.
Maligore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/04/18, 12:19 PM   #12
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimandTommy View Post
JDF probably adlibbed a lot and is responsible for Tommy being so cool. The producers never would have said no to him. JDF was like one of the honorary producers and most definitely came up with a lot of the scripts in general. He wrote the whole romance between Tommy and Kim. For zome reason tney overruled him and put in the awful Kat storyline. I wonder if thats why he left the series?
sorry but no. JDF's "Aww man" and his signature cry is pretty much all he did ad-libbing-wise also he wasn't their poster child until he came back since kids were refusing to eat unless he came back. Tommy/Kimberly's romance was already set in stone regardless of who Tommy was. JDF and A.J. had no control over their characters' romance same thing with Kimberly breaking up with him and putting him with Kat. It didn't matter what he or Catherine thought on the subject in fact she wasn't a fan of it herself but they have no control over what the writers and Producers decide to do. JDF has went on record as saying that he wanted to leave earlier in Zeo but the Producers went with the threat of "if you leave then we'll fire the others" so they came up with a compromise. JDF was just burnt out due to how much he was working.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldar's Revenge View Post
Don't be ridiculous ,there is no evidence for any of that. The only real possibility is the "Aww-Man!" thing. Which may have been icorporated by the writers from JDF. But Frank was never a writer or producer on the seriea. And to the best of out knowledge followed the scripts as much as everyone else. Remember he was new to acting at first and was just learning. They hired him for his martial arts ability first.

They did also use the fact JDF was forgetful and put that in Tommy's character. But ultimately the writers decided to do that and it wasn't some adlib.

Tommy and Kim was done by the writers. Just like Tommy and Kat. And of course was a result of Amy finishing up on the series. And to say Tommy left the series because of the Kat storyline is pure fiction. JDF wanted to leave the series because he felt like it was time to move on. I am sure he had no problem with the Kat Romance.
exactly in fact there are cases where writers (or Producers) might insert something into the script if they hear it from an actor. Alpha 5 as far as we're aware of didn't have a catchphrase until someone heard Richard say it once and it stuck. Some shows are like that even Full House in fact in most scripts it was written for D.J. to say "Oh my God" but she never wanted to use the Lord's name in vain so she replaced it with "Oh mylanta" it was never intended to be a catchphrase for her but she caused it to become one since one day the writers finally caught on and just threw it in there

Quote:
Originally Posted by Massive Ego View Post
Opinions can't argue with facts. Nor can you just assume something happened because you wanted it to. And wrong facts should be corrected to prevent the spread of missinformation.
exactly opinions are just that your own opinion there's no solid basis to prove whether it would result in a fact or not but facts are just that absolutely cold facts that you can't deny or argue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Gia To Remember View Post
I don't think JDF was more than just an actor . He wasn't a writer. And I don't see why he would care about Tommy and Kat being love interests.
he was pretty much just an actor and it wasn't his business who the writers wanted to pair his character with since it wasn't up to him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maligore View Post
I'm surprised Saban doesn't allow adlibbing. Then he wouldn't have to pay the writers.We know how cheap he is.
ad-libbing wouldn't replace writers and who said they don't allow ad-libbing? Saban leaves it to the Producers to decide on what they'll allow they don't care either way as long as they get the job done.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/04/18, 03:06 PM   #13
Continuity Ranger
Putty Patroller

Its more important to have real scripts and follow them. You want to maintain good continuity and a united creative vision.
Continuity Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/05/18, 07:23 PM   #14
Decepticon
Ranger In Training

Your not gonna be able to just show up and do what you want. TV Productions are very structured. PR is especially strict with their actors. Since they are adapting Sentai Footage.
Decepticon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/05/18, 07:31 PM   #15
Hayley Oliver
Ranger In Training

I think Forever has some miwconceptions about acting and how hard it really is.
Hayley Oliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/05/18, 08:19 PM   #16
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hailey Oliver View Post
I think Forever has some miwconceptions about acting and how hard it really is.
that he (or she?) does it may look fun to us on TV but it's not all that glamorous for the actors
Old 02/05/18, 08:52 PM   #17
Baby Ranger
Putty Patroller

I bet they do let actors just make stuff up as they go along. I mean who cares its Power Rangers? They don't have real writers anyway? Doesn't most pf it come from Japan anyway?
Baby Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/05/18, 09:02 PM   #18
MattEmily
Administrator

yes it does come from Japan but most of the dialogue doesn't since real writers do write the dialogue well with the exception of Samurai.
Old 02/05/18, 09:05 PM   #19
Countdown to Destruction
Comic Relief

Why wouldn't Power Rangers have writers like any series?
Countdown to Destruction is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply