Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 01/21/17, 07:20 PM   #1
Super Zeo Ranger
Putty Patroller

Default Why is Neo Saban so different?

Anyone notice that the Neo Saban Seasons are still nothing like the old Saban Seasons? I thought when they bought back PR ,the new seasons would feel more like the Saban Seasons in tone.
Super Zeo Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/21/17, 10:15 PM   #2
Goldar's Revenge
Power Ranger

Default Re: Why is Neo Saban so different?

The beginning of Neo Saban era is designed to carter to MMPR nostalgia. The problem is Tzachor's strategy of striaghtly adapting the Sentai Footage contradicted this. So you have this wierd mismatch Neo MMPR with a Sentai Clone. The Lynn seasons have thus far tried to be true to oldsld school PR while still doing it's own thing.
Goldar's Revenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/21/17, 10:26 PM   #3
Blue Ranger Gone Bad
Ranger In Training

Ten years went by , it had to be different and couldn't be the same. Its just not realistic for it to be exactly the same.
Blue Ranger Gone Bad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/21/17, 10:28 PM   #4
Sailor Saban
Comic Relief

I thinks the new Saban Seasons are just as good as the old ones. Saban always did PR best.
Sailor Saban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/21/17, 10:32 PM   #5
Disney Ranger
Power Ranger

The only Saban season that has truly been great was MMPR. The Disney Seasons were the best otherwise..I am surprised Disney sold the show and didn't bring it back themselves.
Disney Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/22/17, 12:25 AM   #6
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Ranger View Post
The only Saban season that has truly been great was MMPR. The Disney Seasons were the best otherwise..I am surprised Disney sold the show and didn't bring it back themselves.
why would you be surprise? They never even wanted the series to begin with. They tried to cancel it after Wild Force but Doug convinced them to continue on. I think there was another instance where they were trying to cancel it later on but some kind of contract forced them to continue on. I believe Jungle Fury wasn't even supposed to be made but something forced them to continue on but they stood firm on their decision to call the series following the RPM and if they hadn't sold the series back to Saban we wouldn't have gotten anything in terms of new seasons.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/22/17, 05:13 PM   #7
Rangerlord
Power Ranger

I would have preferred it if Saban never sold the show. Its a shame Doug and Ann didn't at least stick around longer. We are lucky they were around in NS and DT.
Rangerlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/22/17, 05:26 PM   #8
Goldar's Revenge
Power Ranger

Disney didn't understand Power Rangers and bought it by accident yet they should still get credit for keeping it going for as long as they did. They ultimately agreed to Sloan and Austensl's proposal to keep the show alive with production in New Zealand.

Despite never fully understanding or getting behind, it they did give it several years. Not to mention that they still spent considerable money on it. They even tried to do an animated series when live action was on the chopping block. Toei just wouldn't let them

The franchise is better off with Saban Brands but Disney weren't all bad. Neo Saban did have the problem with going back to Tzachor's philosophy for the first few years. But they got past it with Lynn now back in charge.
Goldar's Revenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/22/17, 09:38 PM   #9
Lightspeed Omega
Comic Relief

It followed the tone of the Disney Seasons more than people expected it too. Which is not surprising since Kalish heavily copied Sentai.
Lightspeed Omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/22/17, 09:44 PM   #10
Captain Mutiny
Power Ranger

Power Rangers has almost started to shift again. Since the Lynn Neo Saban years have taken in on its own tone.
Captain Mutiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply