Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 11/28/14, 11:41 AM   #1
Super Jeff
Putty Patroller

Default The mind of Johnathan Tzachor

Now I don't want this to turn into a bashing thread. I just figured this thread could turn into something interesting by trying to figure out his thought process. Why did he make some of the choices he did? Was it because he wanted to be faithful for sentai? Was it because saban was pressuring to have constraints on budget? From my understanding, he wanted to just dub Shikenger instead of samurai, is that true?
Super Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/28/14, 11:42 AM   #2
Red5
Putty Patroller

Default Re: The mind of Johnathan Tzachor

It was said that Megaforce (or just Super Megaforce) had double the budget than any normal season; I think he made the decisions he did, because he thought he was bringing th most action to the screen. Some people worry about the story and others the action and I think JT was an action-oriented kind of guy.
Red5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/28/14, 11:42 AM   #3
Nebula Ranger
Putty Patroller

Like somebody else mentioned once, I think he just gave up halfway.

Maybe because he didn't get to adapt it exactly the way he wanted as well as the fact he planned ahead quite poorly, he just decided to finish it as quickly and cheaply as possible so that he could be done with the producer role. The constant bashing of his adaptation style by fans as well as discontentment from higherups might've also been a possible reason.

Either that, or the guy's is just a REALLY bad fanfic writer (except he gets other people to write for him the way he wants it) who just happened to get the role of producer because he's got connections.
Nebula Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/28/14, 11:43 AM   #4
AlwaysARanger
Putty Patroller

I am definitely curious with what jt was thinking with the last four yrs. Who he did what he did. And if there was anyone there at sb 2 ho had any sense to say hey you really think this is working.
AlwaysARanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/28/14, 11:44 AM   #5
Mr. CD
Ranger In Training

I tend to find comparing something to fanfiction is pretty unfair to fanfiction. There are a lot of fanfic writers out there who do take pride in their work and strive to stay as faithful to canon as closely as possible. Like, really, not all fanfiction about the Mary Sue New Kid in Town, empty shipping fluff, or bizarre crossovers, there are fanfics out there that expand canon, attempt to fill in niggling plotholes, or bring new interpretations to the canon characters in ways you would have never thought possible. It's not all good, but it's not all bad either. Especially when half the stuff people accuse of reading like fanfiction are things most actual fanfic writers wouldn't have written or even wanted to see (Such as the use of unadapted Sentai teams in Super Megaforce, or the plots of the Super Hero Taisen movies, something even the Japanese fandom find just as ridiculous as western fandom does).

As Tzachor, well most of the actors have spoken positive of him. Heck Cameron Jebo said:

@samaradams1996 tzachor is a great guy. Knows what he wants and goes for it. Admirable. #silverquestions

https://twitter.com/CameronJebo/stat...25654977896448

I think he's a guy who clearly knows what he wants to do, unfortunately, he appears to do it by the bare-minimu
Mr. CD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/28/14, 11:47 AM   #6
Nebula Ranger
Putty Patroller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss CD90 View Post
I tend to find comparing something to fanfiction is pretty unfair to fanfiction. There are a lot of fanfic writers out there who do take pride in their work and strive to stay as faithful to canon as closely as possible. Like, really, not all fanfiction about the Mary Sue New Kid in Town, empty shipping fluff, or bizarre crossovers, there are fanfics out there that expand canon, attempt to fill in niggling plotholes, or bring new interpretations to the canon characters in ways you would have never thought possible. It's not all good, but it's not all bad either. Especially when half the stuff people accuse of reading like fanfiction are things most actual fanfic writers wouldn't have written or even wanted to see (Such as the use of unadapted Sentai teams in Super Megaforce, or the plots of the Super Hero Taisen movies, something even the Japanese fandom find just as ridiculous as western fandom does).

As Tzachor, well most of the actors have spoken positive of him. Heck Cameron Jebo said:

@samaradams1996 tzachor is a great guy. Knows what he wants and goes for it. Admirable. #silverquestions

https://twitter.com/CameronJebo/stat...25654977896448

I think he's a guy who clearly knows what he wants to do, unfortunately, he appears to do it by the bare-minimu
I realize that not ALL fanfiction is bad. Of course you have to sift through a lot of the terrible ones before you find good ones but typically from what I've seen fanfiction is often just wish fulfillment.

The reason I compare Tzachor to a bad fanfiction writer is because that's exactly what his pitch looks like if it wasn't official. Would anyone have believed that something like this "And then the Rangers transform into their new never before seen modes using Dairanger suits and say SUPER MEGA!" would be the plot of an actual episode?

I don't mean to offend fanfic writers (Heck, I even wrote some myself once so that would include me) but there's no denying that the average fanfic tends to be poor quality.

About the actor praising Tzachor.To each their own I suppose.

But then again I doubt any actor would speak badly of the person that hired them unless there was a good reason.
Nebula Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply