Power Ranger Online Message Board  

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Off-Topic Discussion > Sailor Moon Kingdom

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 09/17/17, 11:49 AM   #1
Sailor Ceres
Putty Patroller

Default Saiior Starmaker and Sailor Star Healer

Is it me or were these guys/girls kind of jerks? I get that there planet go destroyed and they had no reason to trust the Earth Senshi at first. But it became increasingly clear to them that the Senshi were good people. They learned this in their civilian forms and Senshi forms. Yet it seemed like they always forgot their character development by the next episode and went back to distrusting the Inner Senshi. Even when their princess told them too. They came around in the end. But boy were they dense about it!
Sailor Ceres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/17/17, 11:52 AM   #2
Goldar's Revenge
Power Ranger

Default Re: Saiior Starmaker and Sailor Star Healer

Its a common trait of Japanese story telling. In Japan they don't really show reruns. So for long episodic television shows they are known to repeat the same things over and over again. This is so new viewers can jump right in to the show if they weren't watching from the beginning.
Goldar's Revenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/17/17, 11:53 AM   #3
Sailor Chaos
Comic Relief

It did make you want to bash your head against the wall as this repeatly happened. At least Fighter was smarter.
Sailor Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/17/17, 11:55 AM   #4
Sailor Astera
Putty Patroller

It was pretty clear Sailor Moon was similar to their Princess. She even had the same ability to turn Phages back into humans!
Sailor Astera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/17/17, 11:57 AM   #5
Dic Dubber
Ranger In Training

From what I have hears about stars, I'm not sure even Dic could turn it into a good season. But I never likee the original Japanese seasons anyway.
Dic Dubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/17/17, 11:59 AM   #6
KimandTommy
Power Ranger

I know! It doesn't feel the same as our Scouts battling the Negaverse! I don't even like the Cloverway dub. The Viz dub just doesn't seem the same either
KimandTommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/17/17, 12:00 PM   #7
Massive Ego
Power Ranger

Except the Negaverse was a creation of the clueless Dic Dubbers. it never existed in the original series. Thankfully the source material was so good they couldn't ruin the show entirely.
Massive Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/17/17, 01:53 PM   #8
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dic Dubber View Post
From what I have hears about stars, I'm not sure even Dic could turn it into a good season. But I never likee the original Japanese seasons anyway.
yea you're right that DiC wouldn't have been able to do much to change it into a good season since they no longer had the rights after R.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimandTommy View Post
I know! It doesn't feel the same as our Scouts battling the Negaverse! I don't even like the Cloverway dub. The Viz dub just doesn't seem the same either
It's not supposed to be the same as them fighting the Negaverse since they were different seasons but I beg to differ with the Cloverway dub since they did an amazing job. I can't really say anything about the Viz dub since I've only seen vids.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Massive Ego View Post
Except the Negaverse was a creation of the clueless Dic Dubbers. it never existed in the original series. Thankfully the source material was so good they couldn't ruin the show entirely.
Exactly. The Negaverse was called the Dark Kingdom in Japan and DiC made it so that the first and second seasons had villains that came from the Negaverse but it wasn't the truth in Japan instead Ail (Alan) and An (Ann) came from an unnamed planet whose planet's inhabitants relied on the Makaiju Tree (Doom Tree) for their existence in fact we had no knowledge of whether Ail or An even knew of the Dark Kingdom generally with a new season they will not reference the previous season's villains.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/17/17, 08:32 PM   #9
Sailor Danger
Comic Relief

I think Dic Dubber was talking about if Dic had the chance to adapt it.
Sailor Danger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/17/17, 08:38 PM   #10
Sailor Chaos
Comic Relief

Cloverway at least started to use the original names and the original music. It was more authentic version of Sailor Moon than Dic's. But making Uranus and Neptune cousins was worse than anything DiC did. At least the female version of Zoycite was still interesting. The name Mini Moon made no sense and the new va Serena wasn't right . I can tzke Fisheye as a woman but why make Zirconia a man? Especially when she was supposed to represent what Nellennia feared. Zirconia was a projection of her sub- conscious She looked very much like the Queen' s aged form.
Sailor Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply