Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 02/08/15, 01:26 PM   #11
No Green Spandex
Power Ranger

Default Re: Why did Mega Force fails on the first front?

They should have got a bunch of Rangers from the Disney or Neo Saban seasons ( and maybe whoever they could get from the older days) and have them have been brought together as the Megaforce team. Than Megaforce could have been about finding the Legend Keys. Leading to Super Megaforce.
No Green Spandex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/08/15, 02:00 PM   #12
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelby's Boyfriend View Post
I thought Mega and Super Mega were great! I think the characters were actually interesting. The action was awesome. Plus we got all the old Ranger Forms in Super. Talk about amazing call backs from the past. And "Legendary Battle"? Best episode where, better than "Countdown To Destruction ".

I think people just got their hopes up and got themselves disapointed. The two seasons couldn't have been much better. I know people wanted more actors back. But I am just happy we got the ones we did. I don't get why the Megaforce seasons are so hated?
I didn't think Megaforce or Super Megaforce were even remotely decent.
Yes the Legendary Ranger modes were cool but we didn't even see the majority of the Rangers. Look at how many Orion ended up morphing into to. Not many... not to mention it did very little to actually celebrate the 20th anniversary of Power Rangers instead someone had the bright idea that they wanted to celebrate the anniversary with using things that were NOT Power Rangers and had NEVER been in Power Rangers.
Legendary Battle is anything but the best in fact it's one of the worse.
My (main) issue isn't with the actors that returned or didn't return (except I would have preferred Jen to return over Wes and Ryan over Carter) but my issue is because of how pathetic and weak the battle was as well as how short it was. You're bringing back like that many Rangers just to fight a bunch of X-Borgs and you seriously expect us to believe Megaforce can't handle that many despite the fact they've done so countless of times before? Heck Orion dealt with how many all at once in his premiere episode? He kept on beating up on like 20 or 30 of them before the others were even notified of them appearing.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/08/15, 02:12 PM   #13
Usagi Reborn
Power Ranger

Yeah that ruined it for me too.

You know if they wanted to have a few new Ranger teams it would have been fine. But they should have given them a better backstory. And did a better job with the team's from the past that they were suppose to be celebrating. It would have been cool if we got a better origin for the Dairanger suited team for instance. The whole thing was just handled badly.
Usagi Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/08/15, 02:36 PM   #14
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usagi Reborn View Post
Yeah that ruined it for me too.

You know if they wanted to have a few new Ranger teams it would have been fine. But they should have given them a better backstory. And did a better job with the team's from the past that they were suppose to be celebrating. It would have been cool if we got a better origin for the Dairanger suited team for instance. The whole thing was just handled badly.
no doubt about that. The Dairanger thing was so pathetic. They should have done something more if they wanted to include Dairanger and the pre-Zyu Rangers. They needed to have more of a backstory to them if they were going to be included... it didn't even need to be anything that big just something simple as "You've unlocked the powers of the Rocket Rangers who were the first known Power Rangers that my Mentor became aware of."
Old 02/08/15, 05:41 PM   #15
Usagi Reborn
Power Ranger

Exactly, would have been that easy.
Usagi Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/08/15, 09:03 PM   #16
MattEmily
Administrator

yup I could come up with something quick for each pre-Zyu team and the Dairanger team even without trying. Let's see here...

for Dairanger I would say "Rangers you've unlocked the new Lightning Ranger powers which were created by Zordon in case of an emergency in conjunction with the Thunderzords but the powers were never needed."
Old 02/08/15, 09:48 PM   #17
Lightspeed Zeo
Power Ranger

This is probably geeky. But why didn't Zordon give the Rangers those powers in season 3 instead of sending them to Ninjor?
Lightspeed Zeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/08/15, 09:58 PM   #18
MattEmily
Administrator

Perhaps he didn't have them at the time or perhaps because of the situation with the Command Center he couldn't do anything in regards to creating new powers or zords. Notice when he's asked whether he can do anything to save the zords he says that he can't as long as the Command Center was under damage so I would assume that because there was so much damage to their base that he couldn't do anything to assist except to hope that Ninjor was real and that they could find him and befriend him.
Old 02/13/15, 11:09 PM   #19
A Gia To Remember
Power Ranger

Megaforce didn't fail. It was one of the strongest seasons. The dynamic was a new take of MMPR. And the concept worked. It was high time PR went back to school. The teens were a throwback to the original team but had their own personality. The episodes were fun and exciting. It felt like the classic formula was back.
A Gia To Remember is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/24/15, 08:40 PM   #20
mbozzo
Power Ranger

Megaforce failed because the writers made the mistake of trying to combine 2 Sentai series into one. Megaforce should have focused on one Sentai series for its two season.
mbozzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply