Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 12/21/14, 11:31 PM   #11
MMPR Forever
Power Ranger

Default Re: Spike's Mother

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattEmily View Post
I was never a fan of that whole Kimberly/Skull joke anyway based on how she worded her letter to Tommy... she made it sound like she met someone new and not someone she already knew.

Also I think you mean "It's more likely that Skull just met a woman" and I do agree with you there. I can agree both Bulk and Skull as being the type of people that would have a difficult time with settling down.

Sure Kimberly loved him so much that she broke up with him in a letter, that's not love. That's just showing utter lack of respect for him. Kat showed more respect and care towards Tommy than Kimberly ever did.
However I do agree that Spike's Mom was probably someone that we have no clue about.

I actually hadn't thought of that but I'm not sure if you'd consider Trini to be Chinese or not.

I don't, I think he's still on Aquitar since he fell for Cestria.
I hated that they had Kimberly write him that letter. It was a slap in the face to MMPR fans. It killed Zeo for me. Tommy and Kat wasn't right. Kat tried to steal Tommy from Kim the whole time. I don't buy her innocent girl act in Zeo. Who knows maybe she wrote the letter and not Kim. She did learn from Rita after all.
MMPR Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/21/14, 11:35 PM   #12
No Green Spandex
Power Ranger

I hated it because we were supposed to feel sorry for Tommy. Once again it was all about him. What did he expect? Kim moved miles away from him. Plus he was too stupid to see that Kat was crazy about him. Took him until the end of Zeo to realize this.
No Green Spandex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/21/14, 11:38 PM   #13
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Green Spandex View Post
I hated it because we were supposed to feel sorry for Tommy. Once again it was all about him. What did he expect? Kim moved miles away from him. Plus he was too stupid to see that Kat was crazy about him. Took him until the end of Zeo to realize this.
I agree with you there... at least in the case of the "Kimberly moving miles away from him and him being too stupid to see how Kat felt about him" part.
Kat felt so bad for him that she was willing to put her own feelings for him above her own.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/21/14, 11:39 PM   #14
Todd Oliver
Ranger In Training

Send a message via ICQ to Todd Oliver

Well they had to end the Kim and Tommy storyline somehow. AJJ wasn't available so they had to do the letter. Tommy had no reason to go aftter Kat before Kimberly dumped him. He probably needed time before he worried about his next relationship. Especially how rushint in with Heather backfired big time.
Todd Oliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/21/14, 11:42 PM   #15
VR Master
Power Ranger

MMPR Forever, Kat tried to steal Tommy when she was under Rita's spell. It obviously effected her personality. Once she was freed from Rita's spell she was a good friend to Kim. She was agood friend to Tommy as well. She went out of her way to help Tommy make amends with Heather, when she finally could have gone after him.

By they way Matt I messed up anyway. I shouldnt have assumed Trini was chinese. But I forgot Samurai were Japanese. Mental error on my part. When I said chinese I should have said Japanese.
VR Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/18/15, 09:37 AM   #16
Spike Hart
Ranger In Training

I think Kim and Skull would have made a great couple. it would have been cool for Skull to finally get the girl. Especially since he grew up a lot over the years. I think Spike's mom is Kimberly.
Spike Hart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/19/15, 09:43 PM   #17
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMPR Forever View Post
I hated that they had Kimberly write him that letter. It was a slap in the face to MMPR fans. It killed Zeo for me. Tommy and Kat wasn't right. Kat tried to steal Tommy from Kim the whole time. I don't buy her innocent girl act in Zeo. Who knows maybe she wrote the letter and not Kim. She did learn from Rita after all.
you need to take your MMPR rose-colored glasses off. "oh Kimberly is leaving boo-hoo-hoo... that kills MMPR for me. Oh Kat is replacing her so I'm going to automatically hate her because she's not Kimberly. Oh boo-ho-ho. Oh the Machine Empire arrives and are chasing away Rita and Zedd so that kills Zeo for me. Boo-hoo-hoo. Oh Kat and Tommy are dating now so that ruins the show for me boo-hoo-hoo."

Maybe it was a slap in the face to you because you're so dang obsessed with MMPR but you don't make up the whole Ranger Nation of MMPR fans. Some fans are actually quite understandable of why it happened and they do accept it. Kat did NOT under any circumstance steal Tommy. Kimberly dumped him plain and simple and Kat had every right to have feelings for him and it was of Tommy's choosing to go out WITH HER.

and no she did not write the letter. That's just what a hater would claim.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/20/15, 11:50 AM   #18
KimandTommy
Power Ranger

I agree with MMPR Forever, Kat was a terrible Ranger and didn't deserve to be a one. I also don't buy the whole evil spell thing. Kat clearly wanted to hurt Kim to get Tommy for herself.
KimandTommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/20/15, 11:53 AM   #19
Captain Codfish
Power Ranger

I think Matt is right. You guys are letting nostalgia and your love for Kimberly effect your taste for Kat. Kat was a great Ranger that overcame a lot. She did nice things for people and cared about others above herself. Including Tommy's own happiness.
Captain Codfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/20/15, 11:57 AM   #20
No Green Spandex
Power Ranger

I'm gonna use my Tommy hate for good here Matt.

By the logic of MMPR and Kim , we are supposed to hate Kat because she was under an evil spell. So does that mean you both hate Tommy for being under one. Look at the bad things he did. He almost destoryed the whole team. Even I don't hate Tommy for being under an evil spell. Personally, I think he was more evil when he became White Ranger...But I digress....
No Green Spandex is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply