Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 02/26/15, 04:14 PM   #11
Summer Is Rich
Ranger In Training

Default Re: Summer's parents

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ghost Ranger View Post
^ Hey, least her Gradma realised her mistakes and came to help kick demon butt! Also Summer Is Rich, I LOVE your screen name. makes me laugh every time I see it ^^
Thanks, thought it would be a funny name to have.
Summer Is Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/26/15, 08:57 PM   #12
Phantom Stranger
Ranger In Training

Summer's parents were so annoying. "Ranger Yellow" was the weakest episode of RPM. Summer's origin as a rich girl was so silly and unbelievable. It just didn't do the characters justice. The fact that her family is more worried about who she is gonna married during when Venjix threatens humanity is absurd.
Phantom Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/27/15, 11:06 PM   #13
Jen's Revenge
Power Ranger

The parent's were just out of touch and off the wall. Honestly I think its a stretch that they did come around to Summer's side. It would have been more believable if Summer just stood up to them. Just like Wes in Time Force.
Jen's Revenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/27/15, 11:07 PM   #14
Destiny Defeated
Power Ranger

Unfortunately, even Time Force went the cop out ending and made Mr. Collins good. But at least it wasn't in a half hour episode.
Destiny Defeated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/27/15, 11:10 PM   #15
Inner Senshi
Power Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattEmily View Post
no doubt about that protecting the world takes precedence over anything else in life.
Being a Power Ranger has always been treated like an after school club. So in that context the grandmother had every right to be mad. Being a Ranger isn't more important than playing on a sports team or anything else. Its just how PR is written.

Its why Zordon used to let his Rangers go to persue personal achievements. Why Jack had a right to be mad at Cruger for yelling about the time he spent with his new girlfriend.
Inner Senshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/28/15, 01:15 AM   #16
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Senshi View Post
Being a Power Ranger has always been treated like an after school club. So in that context the grandmother had every right to be mad. Being a Ranger isn't more important than playing on a sports team or anything else. Its just how PR is written.

Its why Zordon used to let his Rangers go to persue personal achievements. Why Jack had a right to be mad at Cruger for yelling about the time he spent with his new girlfriend.
yes that's true but only in the right circumstances. Being a Power Ranger was an important duty but Zordon allowed his members to leave to pursue other goals if they so chose such as with Zack, Trini and Jason leaving to go to the Peace Conference or Kimberly leaving to train for the Pan Global Games or even Aisha staying behind in the Orb of Doom manipulated time in Africa so that she could try to help find a cure for the plague that were damaging the life there of the animals... but none of them were foolish enough to neglect their duties when they were Power Rangers.

Jack had every right to do whatever he pleased the issue is that he was neglecting his duties when he was a Power Ranger which was unacceptable. He hadn't quit being a Power Ranger at that point in time so being a Ranger takes precedence over other things. If someone at a real job did what Jack did what do you think would happen? Can you say FIRED? Yes that's exactly what would happen to a person that neglects their duties when they're working at a job.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/28/15, 11:59 AM   #17
Massive Ego
Power Ranger

If I was Cruger I would have thrown the ungrateful brat in the brig and revoked his parole. Jack was a theif that still had a debt to pay to society. The tool even tried to bust his future girlfriend on the same charges. Only she was doing it legally. Of course Cruger made Jack Red so that was his mistake.
Massive Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/28/15, 12:01 PM   #18
No Green Spandex
Power Ranger

Lets not forget the time that Jack made Sydney work on her birthday. What a jerk.
No Green Spandex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/28/15, 12:06 PM   #19
Usagi Reborn
Power Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Green Spandex View Post
Lets not forget the time that Jack made Sydney work on her birthday. What a jerk.
She was a cop of course her duty came first. Sydney was a little full of herself anyway.
Usagi Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/28/15, 12:07 PM   #20
No Green Spandex
Power Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usagi Reborn View Post
She was a cop of course her duty came first. Sydney was a little full of herself anyway.
Yeah I know, I was making a sarcastic joke. I have a dry sense of humor.
No Green Spandex is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply