Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > The Time Warp > Power Rangers Modern Archives
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadClosed Thread

Old 05/17/08, 08:02 PM   #81
Sakura3
Power Ranger

True enough on the count of the Claw Cannon - I mean three hits and she didn't drop. Come on that was lame. All mutants would have dropped like a hot brick after one hit. Man that was so wrong. What the heck was that?
Old 05/19/08, 09:04 PM   #82
red timeforce ranger
Power Ranger

Send a message via Yahoo to red timeforce ranger

fran know coworkers are power rangers - fran come new mentor of prjf
Old 05/19/08, 10:37 PM   #83
DarkBlaze
Power Ranger

Send a message via AIM to DarkBlaze Send a message via MSN to DarkBlaze Send a message via Yahoo to DarkBlaze

For starters, part 1 was more better than part 2. While it wasn't entirely horrible (or bad for that matter), it just didn't have my full attention like the first part.

I just want to point out that I predicted the Gorilla Master's name (same with a member on RB). But really, did they have travel down the same old "face your fears" road? It's been done already, and they're Kung Fu students. A simple test of strength would have done the job. I can still see the brutal beat down the was handed to the Gekirangers. If only such violence was allowed. I had few chuckles here and there however.

As for that battle arena fight between RJ and Dai Shi... that owned the entire episode. Because we know RJ, it wasn't that heart breaking seeing him get handled badly. We all know RJ can give Dai Shi a royal beat down if he wanted. RJ is just awesome...

The quarry battle was descent. Very Kalishy, but descent. They could have made Jarrod more of a challenge even in JMM, yet, I think this is just another episode leading to more training. The introductions to the new Zords was cool, but the MZ should have been introduced for another episode. It wasn't anything bad though.

All in all, yes, part 1 was better. There's always something about Part 2 that seems to lose people's attention. Very odd. I just want to say one thing about the ending... win! I'm so glad Fran had more than one line. "Hello Ranger's... Power... Ranger's".
Old 05/21/08, 04:02 PM   #84
PrimoPiccolo
Eternal

Send a message via AIM to PrimoPiccolo

Wow, I was surprised how good that was. RJ vs. Dai Shi cage match, awesome monsters that don't have any voices to annoy us with, a decent name for the power-up...

Loved seeing Michelle Langstone again. Glad they made her the "head" master of the spirit world. Only thing that sucked was the whole greatest fear thing, especially Theo's. Why couldn't overconfidence be the continual theme there? Even though I'm so over the random "hey, we're the Rangers we can beat anything blah blah blah" that's been rampant in the Kalish era. Oh, and Master Zelle would have been a way better name than Master Lope.

But it actually held my interest the whole hour, especially RJ's antics. Amazes me that his character hasn't once disappointed me so far. He's gonna be gold come his Ranger debut.
Old 05/24/08, 08:16 PM   #85
PowerOnyx
Ranger In Training

Master Guin - SPD - Dr. Katherine "Kat" Manx

Master Rilla - SPD: History (voice) Professor Cerebros SPD: Impact (voice) Kraw/Professor

Master Lope - Dino Thunder - Copyotter (voice) S.P.D. - Delex (voice) Mystic Force - Oculous (voice)

--------
A face your fear episode? Priceless!
--------

I did feel cheated that instead of seeing the Rangers being trained or challenged by Masters Guin, Rilla, & Lope, we were instead treated to a "face your inner fear" episode.

That being said. Who here likes the Penguin Zord? Cute surfing Penguin Zord.
--------

Maybe when Disney does the flashback episode we will get a clip of Master Phant training Lily? Please?
(Theo and Casey got one.)

Just a quick clip so we can better understand the "remember what I told you!" line. Please?
Old 05/24/08, 08:27 PM   #86
PowerOnyx
Ranger In Training

I liked the return of the fight song during battle scenes ala MMPR.
Old 05/24/08, 10:23 PM   #87
Sakura3
Power Ranger

This episode was actually pretty solid.

I loved the Elephant Upgrade with the Jungle Mace. Too bad Phant spent half the episode having a whine fest about he wasn't good enough any more.
Old 05/25/08, 02:59 AM   #88
PrimoPiccolo
Eternal

Send a message via AIM to PrimoPiccolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerOnyx
I liked the return of the fight song during battle scenes ala MMPR.
Wow, I didn't think anyone considered that a fight song.
Old 05/25/08, 12:05 PM   #89
DaiOzzyTM
Putty Patroller

I enjoyed both episodes, i think part 1 was better, as it was a chance to see the rangers being defeated, dealing with over confidence and was nice to see RJ being jokey in the villain base.

part 2 although the masters were great, they didnt get enough screen time in helping the rangers, the facing your fears was typical although was forgiving but surely becoming a master thats stage 1, so i felt the training was not good enough. The RJ and dai shi fight was goood but maybe abit over the top and stealing a spirit doesn't really make sense, though probably a plot device for when RJ becomes the violet ranger. Though master mode is awesome the jet thign looks stunning though i prefer to think of them as booster pannels jets are giant things on people backs. The zords are very nice however i didnt think the megazord offered much different from the last but as seperate ones were awesome.

overall a slightly typical power up episode but JF has had some brill eps so far and the power ups themselves are cool so i say bring on violet and white rangers and please keep up the good writing!
Old 05/25/08, 02:34 PM   #90
Knightfall
Rider Power Member

I wasnt a fan of Part 2.

The cheesy trials completely ruined it. How would facing those lame childhood fears teach them the techniques of the new animals spirits?

It was really rushed too.

I don't understand the villians motivations anymore either. It's almost like theyre trying to lose on purpose.
Post New ThreadClosed Thread