Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 07/05/15, 09:59 PM   #1
prsmith
Putty Patroller

Default Kendrix' Ressurection

Many people seem to have an issue with Kendrix coming back to life during the final scene of Lost Galaxy. I don't know why. It shows that rangers are immortal and will fight to the end even if their own life is on the line. And plus with Kendrix being resurrected it shows that the original Pink Galaxy ranger is not left out and reunited with her cast mates. I will say that she could've been bought back in some bigger way during the Joruney's End 3 part finale. But again many people like to bring up the whole Kendrix vs Karone thing as far as who was the better pink ranger and left standing till the end. But I want to ask what was it about Kendrix being resurrected that bothered you?
prsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/05/15, 10:00 PM   #2
Alitain
Putty Patroller

Default Re: Kendrix' Ressurection

What bothered me was that they did it period. It was utterly pointless and cheapened her death by just bringing her back in the end. It felt completely tacked on because they just didn't want to leave it as a ranger actually dying. So they just magically brought her back by the power of the Quasar sabers and Happy Thoughts. Not to stomp on how you see her resurrection prsmith, cause that's how you see it nothing wrong with it. But I totally disagree that it shows any of those things.

I don't see how her being suddenly magically brought back shows they're immortal and fight to the end. Her sacrifice to save Cassie, now /that/ showed the willingness to put their lives on the lines and as I said above, bringing her back ruined that or at least cheapened it. Aside from guiding Karone to the saber she didn't really do anything while dead other than appear I think a couple times near the end and then be brought back. Now. If this had been a season like LR, or maybe Mystic Force or something where it was part of the season lore to have an underworld and it was discovered Kendrix was down there the whole time fighting monsters and then the finale lead to a portal being opened by the bad guy into said underworld, I'd be a little more okay with it and could see it as a sign of how she's willing to fight beyond even death.

As for showing that Kendrix wasn't left out and reunited? Well the point was she died, she was gone. Not really sure how that's a selling point on her resurrection. It wasn't like the rangers forgot Kendrix, they remembered her and her sacrifice. And the viewers didn't forget her either. Kind of the point when someone dies, generally that means they're gone. And in terms of a show, yeah it means the actor usually leaves and probably doesn't come back and that probably sucks but usually they still communicate with actors they became friends with and stuff afterward so who cares if the character comes back on the show?

As thud said, to just bring her back that way in the finale was pointless. Sending her off, while cheesy, would've made just as much sense and we wouldn't have had such an epic end for her character that was ruined by her resurrection. Obviously we know it was behind the scenes stuff that caused her to have to leave and then when she was better they chose to bring her back. But seriously someone should've put their foot down and just said no. Bring the actress back to the set to visit everyone, sure. Maybe even throw in one last spirit scene where she's off to the side watching the ranger's victory on Miranoi and being happy that they succeeded and all, sure. But the resurrection was just a bad call.
Alitain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/05/15, 10:01 PM   #3
Rangermanuel
Power Ranger

Did not bother me! It seemed like an approprioate ending since her actress Valerie Vernon got cured from her cancer.
Rangermanuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/05/15, 10:03 PM   #4
prsmith
Putty Patroller

While you are bringing up good points you have to think about it Valerie had gone through remission during that time and perhaps she wanted to be a part of the finale depending on if she gotten better quickly or had still semi-treatment. It may seem like my point is for PR to have such bittersweet endings, because if you haven't noticed LG was a dark season, it's just like the saying "darkness prevails to light" as what I'm talking about.

The crew had known of Valerie's illness and did give her a proper send off but still wanted her to come back for a quick cameo in the finale and let's face it despite Karone's willingness to participate and two focus episodes, it was obvious that the producers didn't bother with giving Karone enough spotlight after that and just made her be in the background. So yes Valerie was still on their minds and wanted viewers to see that she was the original pink all along (ex. still having her in the opening credits throughout the show).

But i do appreciate your observation and understand your point
prsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/05/15, 10:04 PM   #5
PrimoPiccolo
Eternal

Send a message via AIM to PrimoPiccolo

It never bothered me because for all intents and purposes, she died. Coming back at the end was just a footnote.

If she'd been reborn before the finale and shoved Karone out of the spotlight, that would have been an issue. This, just another reward of the Quasar Sabers' magic, no different than Daggeron and Leanbow's revival or Mack becoming a real boy.
PrimoPiccolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/05/15, 10:05 PM   #6
Titanium321
Ranger In Training

Send a message via ICQ to Titanium321

Something I've always wondered, what if she didn't actually come back but that was just her ghost or zombie form?
Titanium321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/05/15, 10:05 PM   #7
Rangermanuel
Power Ranger

^^^ Thank you sincerely for understanding. Well it was appropriate as well for Karone to be in the background along with Mike (Magna Defender) despite on the next episode when she helps Damon with a project.
Rangermanuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/05/15, 10:06 PM   #8
Lightspeed Omega
Comic Relief

Sounds similar to Ryan. Who was some type of ghost.
Lightspeed Omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/06/15, 11:40 AM   #9
Captain Codfish
Power Ranger

They had to bring her back due to SAG rules. Plus it was kind of a nice treat for after she beat her disease. Kendrix never would have been killed off if Valiere never got sick.
Captain Codfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/06/15, 11:43 AM   #10
Massive Ego
Power Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightspeed Omega View Post
Sounds similar to Ryan. Who was some type of ghost.
Sounds like more fan fic nonsense. Ryan was human, based on the fact that he could have been killed by the cobra.

Kendrix was brought back to life. She probably should have stayed dead but due to the real life circumstances I will give them a break. Plus this is back when PR was actually good.
Massive Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply