Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 06/22/15, 05:31 PM   #1
lordoftherangers
Putty Patroller

Default Could Hexagon have worked for the 20th Anniversary?

We all know about Amit Bhaumik's proposed plan for Ninja Storm called Power Rangers: Hexagon. (If you don't know you should check it out, it's really interesting.) With a few tweaks here and there do you think it could have worked for the 20th instead of Megaforce/Super Megaforce? Tommy would stil be the leader of the Hexagon project and the 5 new recruits would be the Goseigers instead of the Hurricangers. Then a vet ranger( Since they couldn't get ASJ back at the time who was supposed to be in the original hexagon plan I was thinking it could be Wes) would break off and form his own group of rangers (Gokaigers) who have stolen the all previous ranger powers and have transformed them into keys to morph. Basicallly the whole concept is the same with some changes. It would have been great for all the rangers (especially the Disney ones) who were invited then uninvited or weren't invited at all. Do you think it wouldve worked or been a complete flop?
lordoftherangers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/22/15, 05:32 PM   #2
Mr. CD
Ranger In Training

Default Re: Could Hexagon have worked for the 20th Anniversary?

I think the Hexagon is kinda there, just in a subtle manner (IE, Tommy having a video diary of all the then previous Ranger teams plus a box full of their logos, Jayden telling Troy, Noah, and Jake that they (the Legendary Rangers) were watching them).
Mr. CD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/22/15, 05:33 PM   #3
SpidahMan
Putty Patroller

Shoddy fanfiction written by a self-important tool doesn't work for anything.

Instead we got roughly 880 minutes of a kids toy commercial inb4 anyone says we got the above anyway
SpidahMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/22/15, 05:34 PM   #4
Nebula Ranger
Putty Patroller

Even if JT wasn't producing the season it would still be WAY too ambitious and expensive to achieve.

I think everyone would just dismiss Hexagon just another fanfic idea that's unlikely to ever happen if it weren't for the fact it was written by Amit Bhaumik.

It's a shame because there's plenty of better PR fanfic ideas out there than his. His Go busters proposal made Hexagon look plausible...
Nebula Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/22/15, 05:34 PM   #5
powerpackers90
Putty Patroller

Yeah I can't wait for his Dino Charge and ToQ/Ninninger "pitches". Which will all cost more to make than the last 10 seasons combined, be filled with over the top fan serves, trying to fix things that are not broken, and some how recon the Disney Era out of history.
powerpackers90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/22/15, 05:35 PM   #6
tavionjackson
Putty Patroller

think a Go-Buster adaptation could've used Hexagon elements such as having two team and former rangers on each side. As far as the 20th anniversary using the Hexagon idea as the Goseiger and Gokaiger adaptation idk. I think it wouldve almost had to be as original as mmpr season 3. A Go-Buster adaptation would've almost had to have been too but production wouldve had lots more work to do because of the legendary changes and stuff, both teams would've likely been searching for powers of the former rangers and when the Gokaiger counterparts found them they got keys and when the Goseiger found them it would've in the form of cards.
tavionjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/22/15, 05:36 PM   #7
Deathryuger321
Putty Patroller

Way to big of a budget is requirec, and the idea of rangers breaking off to form there own team is stupid, isn't this show about teamwork? It's just a bad fan fic created by Amit along with his samurai and Go-Busters ideas.
Deathryuger321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/22/15, 10:04 PM   #8
A Gia To Remember
Power Ranger

I think it was fine just the way it was. Gosei was the link to all Ranger teams. Hexagon was just an interesting idea from one of the old writers that never made it on air. I think "Legendary Battle" worked out fine.
A Gia To Remember is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/23/15, 11:35 AM   #9
Mega Mission
Comic Relief

I agree with Gia. Hexagon is just to crazy for me to take too seriously. I could see Tommy doing some things but behind this scenes.. But running a whole organization is a bit overkill and.doesn't fit with continuity.
Mega Mission is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply