Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 12/18/16, 12:25 PM   #21
Lightspeed Omega
Comic Relief

Default Re: Can Power Rangers become a successful movie franchise?

Promotion needs to be better. They should be pushing this like a major event. That will lure in the casual audience they need to succeed.
Lightspeed Omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/18/16, 12:28 PM   #22
Superstatler
Power Ranger

Its possible that they are aiming for this to be a moderate success that makes enough money for everyone to be happy. With room for potential sequels that can build to bigger and better things.
Superstatler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/18/16, 12:31 PM   #23
PRangerX
Administrator

Thats possible. The movie is coming out in March. That doesn't gaurentee success but it does avoid significant competition. I know sometimes being on the busy block can get you more consumers. Which is the principle that sees big movies released in the Summer or Christmas. But the risks are clearly bigger in those time periods than in March. Especially for an unproven movie franchise. You still have to get movie patrons out to see your film of course.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/18/16, 12:36 PM   #24
Power Sentai
Ranger In Training

Saban Brands probably doesn't have the infrastructure to do this movie totally by itself. They just opened a film division that is focused on what destributing films produced by third parties. There far from ready to undertake a big production like Power Rangers themselves. Working with Lionsgate makes a lot of sense. And its not like Saban Brands doesn't at least have some voice here.

Lionsgate is a legit studio that has had a lot of success. Lets give them a chance. They are looking for new franchises since existing ones like Hunger Games have finished. They want Power Rangers to succeed so they can add it as one of their signature franchises going forward. It makes business sense.
Power Sentai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/18/16, 12:38 PM   #25
Mesagog Lives
Ranger In Training

The scene with Rita and Trini looks pretty chilling from the preview. And tells you this isn't just a kids movie. Of course you also don't want to scare people off from bringing there kids. Since they are still marketing to kids for toys. And you need the family audience for the movie's success. In the same sense Avengers and Transformers still appeals to families.
Mesagog Lives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/18/16, 02:57 PM   #26
Ransik Lives
Comic Relief

I think the preview does a good job of telling non fans this isn't the same old Power Rangers . Thats why they didn't mention PR until the Rita/Trini scene. It was supposed to be a surprise and a way of getting people interested enough before they could let Power Rangers turn them off.
Ransik Lives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/18/16, 02:58 PM   #27
KimandTommy
Power Ranger

But most fans want it to be the same old Power Rangers. We don't care about what the non fans think.
KimandTommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/18/16, 03:01 PM   #28
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRangerX View Post
Reboots water down franchises. Its best to succeed in the beginning and keep things going from there. It would just create more market confusion. Also may take a long time if this thing fails.

I do think we shouldn't overrated either way. This thing could end up being a success just as much as it could fail. And I do believe ansuccesful film franchise is possible in the long term. I would rather it be done now though.
I just don't like the idea of reboots - if they're going to do a reboot then don't use the same names.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/18/16, 03:03 PM   #29
PRangerX
Administrator

I don't have a problem with rebooting for a film franchise since its something different and its an attempt to carter to a pg 13 audience. Plus the show is still on going in the old continuity so we don't lose it .
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/18/16, 03:04 PM   #30
MMPR Forever
Power Ranger

I'm with KimandTommy. I want it to be like MMPR. Matt is also right about reboots. I would accept a reboot tottally true to MMPR though.
MMPR Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply