Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 12/15/14, 11:59 AM   #1
Disney Ranger
Power Ranger

Default I love the Disney seasons!

Aside from MMPR the Disney seasons were the best. I like how they made pr fun again. I like the funnier season. I hated it when PR too itself too seriously. Wild Force was a step in the right direction. But Ninja Storm really got it right. And this carried over through Jungle Fury. We got a ton of fun characters and over the top stories. The kind of PR I love.

The only season I didnt like was RPM. It was far too serious. I wanted more fun and comedy. Not a dark post apocalptic story. I did think Ziggy was funny. The show got better when Judd Lynn took over. Gem and Gemma used to crack me up. So its not all bad. Just not the best Disney season. Eddie just wasn't the best writer for pr.

The Neo Saban series are funny but just doesnt feel the same to me. Too much like Sentai like the end of the first Saban era. The characters just arent funny enough. Just can't get into it the same.
Disney Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/15/14, 12:11 PM   #2
MattEmily
Administrator

Default Re: I love the Disney seasons!

I prefer a season like Wild Force, Dino Thunder or RPM that was actually a bit darker compared to the rest of the seasons.

Most Disney seasons were however good to pretty good.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/15/14, 12:34 PM   #3
No Green Spandex
Power Ranger

I didn't like DinoThunder. Hated how they brought Tommy back. I always thought Tommy hogged too much of the spotlight. Especially when he became White Ranger. He was okay in season 1. But everything became too much about him in season 2. I was actually happy in Turbo when he left. Just took too much focus off the rest of the team.

When rumors came out that he was coming back I groaned. I thought for sure they had to be fake. "Forever Red" was bad enough. When we got that first commercial for him I knew I was going to hate DinoThunder. Luckly he didn't stick around for long. Having him back for a bit in Super Megaforce is another reason to hate the season. Hopefully thats enough. Let JDF focus on MMA. Nothing against him just don't like the character.
No Green Spandex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/15/14, 04:07 PM   #4
Todd Oliver
Ranger In Training

Send a message via ICQ to Todd Oliver

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Green Spandex View Post
I didn't like DinoThunder. Hated how they brought Tommy back. I always thought Tommy hogged too much of the spotlight. Especially when he became White Ranger. He was okay in season 1. But everything became too much about him in season 2. I was actually happy in Turbo when he left. Just took too much focus off the rest of the team.

When rumors came out that he was coming back I groaned. I thought for sure they had to be fake. "Forever Red" was bad enough. When we got that first commercial for him I knew I was going to hate DinoThunder. Luckly he didn't stick around for long. Having him back for a bit in Super Megaforce is another reason to hate the season. Hopefully thats enough. Let JDF focus on MMA. Nothing against him just don't like the character.
Really? I loved DinoThunder and loved having Tommy back. He is my favorite character. I actually stopped watching for a few years when Tommy left. "Countdown To Destruction" brought me back. Went back and watched Space since Andros reminded me of Tommy.
Todd Oliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/15/14, 05:09 PM   #5
MattEmily
Administrator

Tommy was supposed to hog the spotlight once he came back but they couldn't really do such a thing with him until he became the White Ranger. He was a popular character for many kids at the time.

I was always happy any time Tommy came back and I hope to see him return again.
I was especially happy with him returning in Dino Thunder and I personally felt that Doug and Ann handled his return right.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/15/14, 07:40 PM   #6
Todd Oliver
Ranger In Training

Send a message via ICQ to Todd Oliver

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattEmily View Post
Tommy was supposed to hog the spotlight once he came back but they couldn't really do such a thing with him until he became the White Ranger. He was a popular character for many kids at the time.

I was always happy any time Tommy came back and I hope to see him return again.
I was especially happy with him returning in Dino Thunder and I personally felt that Doug and Ann handled his return right.
Agreed. Always a treat to have Tommy back. Maybe he was a bit too powerful as White but he was the franchise. And always will be. I hope he comes back again someday.
Todd Oliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/15/14, 07:45 PM   #7
No Green Spandex
Power Ranger

I just have had too much of Tommy. But he hasnt been back full time for awhile. So I guess I can deal.
No Green Spandex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/17/14, 08:08 PM   #8
Sentai Is Forever
Sentai Snob

I hated DinoThunder for different reasons. I wanted something closer to Abaranger. I felt the show really did a poor job of adapting Abaranger. Only episode I like is "LostIn Translation". It made me wish they could just dub Super Sentai instead of doing Power Rangers.
Sentai Is Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/17/14, 10:42 PM   #9
Kilobyte
Ranger In Training

No offense but that would be a disaster.
Kilobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/17/14, 10:45 PM   #10
Turbo Guy
Power Ranger

I did think "Lost In Translation" was pretty funny. Reminded me of the wackiness of Turbo.
Turbo Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply