Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 12/15/14, 11:29 AM   #1
Captain Codfish
Power Ranger

Default I love Super Megaforce!

I don't get why so many people hate Super Megaforce. I think it was an awesome season. Having all those power ups of past Rangers was something I thought I would never see. So amazing! I was happy just to have the cameos we had.

Why are people complaining about theme using past Ranger teams? I think it was really fun to see. They are just past Ranger teams we never got to see. I don't the big deal.

Legendary Battle blew me away! I dont get the hate it gets. Seeing all the Rangers fight together reminded me of the end of In Space. Its the best episode of Power Rangers in my opinion.

I actually didn't like Megaforce. Far too boring to me. Plus the Megafore costumes didnt do anything for me.
Captain Codfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/17/14, 07:59 AM   #2
MMPR Forever
Power Ranger

Default Re: I love Super Megaforce!

I thought it was lame. The MMPR Rangers didnt get enough screen time. I would rather they just use the MMPR suits with Super Megaforce team.
MMPR Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/17/14, 09:22 AM   #3
MattEmily
Administrator

Super Megaforce could have been such an amazing season even with it just having 20 episodes but technically they were just having 18 episodes because of Vrak returning which I thought was a nice move even though I didn't like the idea of Vrak turning Robo Knight evil but that is besides the point.

My main problem with it is because of the random past Rangers appearing. Megaforce was SUPPOSED to be a celebration of Power Rangers itself so it should have been celebrating ITS past, showing Sentai-only Rangers is celebrating SENTAI'S past and not POWER RANGERS' past.

Also in a lot of cases the Sentai Rangers had more screen time than most of the other POWER RANGERS should have had. This is POWER RANGERS this isn't Sentai so the Power Rangers teams should have been given more screen time.

Now it was nice to see the Legendary Battle and all but I personally thought it was an insult to us. I thought it should have been a bit longer considering how they were hyping it up in the beginning as such a big deal and they should have ACTUALLY HAD the MEGAFORCE team actually be in scenes with a lot of the other Rangers as well to actually SHOW us that they were truly fighting together.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/17/14, 11:49 AM   #4
Disney Ranger
Power Ranger

I liked "Once A Ranger" better. It had less Rangers to worry about, so didn't have to shoe horn everything in. The previous Rangers got screen time and matched up with the OO team.
Disney Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/17/14, 11:53 AM   #5
VR Master
Power Ranger

They should have never tried to adapt this if they weren't gonna do it right. It was pretty insulting. Its a damn shame that they disapointed us. There is only so many times they have an opertunity to do something like this.
VR Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/17/14, 07:42 PM   #6
Sentai Is Forever
Sentai Snob

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattEmily View Post
My main problem with it is because of the random past Rangers appearing. Megaforce was SUPPOSED to be a celebration of Power Rangers itself so it should have been celebrating ITS past, showing Sentai-only Rangers is celebrating SENTAI'S past and not POWER RANGERS' past.

Also in a lot of cases the Sentai Rangers had more screen time than most of the other POWER RANGERS should have had. This is POWER RANGERS this isn't Sentai so the Power Rangers teams should have been given more screen time.
As a Sentai fan I liked seeing the old teams. But I mainly watch Power Rangers for the Sentai Footage. Not a big PR fan anymore. "Legendary Battle" felt like a treat to Sentai fans. But I can see why PR fans wouldn't like the old teams. I wouldn't like it if Sentai did a big tribute to Power Rangers.
Sentai Is Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/20/14, 04:54 PM   #7
Sailor Kitty
Putty Patroller

They messed everything up. It didn't even feel like most of the old Rangers were really back.
Sailor Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/20/14, 09:34 PM   #8
Captain Codfish
Power Ranger

It was good enough for me. Bringing back all those Rangers and fitting everything in wasnt easy. I felt they did a great job!
Captain Codfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/27/14, 02:00 PM   #9
Starlight Supreme
Comic Relief

I liked it too. They did a good job getting all those Rangers in the episode. Who wouldn't want to see something like that? I really enjoyed it. It was really epic.
Starlight Supreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/27/14, 03:57 PM   #10
Phantom Stranger
Ranger In Training

Just seemed like everything was poorly executed. We didn't get enough of the old Rangers and their characters. Everything just felt forced. It was pretty disappointing givening all the hype it got going in. I don't know how "Legendary Battle" can be considered a success by any measure.
Phantom Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply