Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 12/11/14, 08:31 PM   #11
Cyrax9
Putty Patroller

Default Re: New MMPR TV Pilot?

I would have dismissed this as a fake before I took a closer look at those pictures from Sackhoff. That's definitely the pink ranger suit in that one of them, so it pretty much confirms her involvement in whatever this was. If the person who supposedly has inside information that told us the South Africa casting call was for a "top secret" project that "fans are going to love" is correct, this could very well be that project.

The only thing I would like to remind everyone of is that assuming everything is true, it only means that a pilot was produced. There's obviously a chance it might not be picked up, or that it'll take multiple pilots to get this project off the ground. Even if the show does get picked up, Sackhoff's involvement in the pilot also doesn't mean that she'll sign on for the full show itself if prior commitments prevent her from doing so. People could be recast, suit designs could change, even if only slightly. The one change I'm almost positive we'll see is the episode run–time; if this is meant to be a show aimed at adult fans, I could see the run–time changing from 22–minutes to 45–minutes to fit with other, similar shows. However, I could definitely see this being picked up if it's indeed real.
Cyrax9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/11/14, 08:32 PM   #12
SnoopsWarner
Putty Patroller

I really want to jump in and point out how ridiculously fake this is.

But fuck, this is Saban Brands era PR. Pretty much all bets are off now. Anything could happen.
SnoopsWarner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/11/14, 08:35 PM   #13
nightmere11
Putty Patroller

I thought longmire was cancelled?

EDIT - Never mind, it was picked up by Netflix

This is just the pilot being done. We'd know if it was green lit and becoming a real thing.
nightmere11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/11/14, 08:38 PM   #14
Nebula Ranger
Putty Patroller

I knew this was fake the moment I saw "Saban/Disney"...

The rest of it is a dead giveaway.

Why would Saban ever consider doing a new Power Rangers show (that too with totally expensive original footage and props) AND make it more "adult oriented" (since we've already established no one wants to see that and Saban Brands has little interest in the older fans' interest anyways) AND have this new alternate continuity Power Rangers show released around the same time as an alternate continuity movie reboot?

Most people today are surprised Power Rangers is still a thing. Who is the target audience for this? Certainly not kids. Grown ups? As if this could compete with rival shows. Would they really make as much money on return compared to the production costs? Would they even bother making a Power rangers answer to Akibaranger when there's little to no interest in such a thing?
Nebula Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/11/14, 08:38 PM   #15
BananaRama
Putty Patroller

On the contrary Saban Brands DOES care about older fans. That's why we have the entire shows library on Netflix and not just the current seasons, that's why a legacy set was released, that's why we got cool things like the "Morph through 20 years video."

It's Tzachor and his writers that don't care about the older fans.

You're right on about everything else.
BananaRama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/11/14, 08:54 PM   #16
PRangerX
Administrator

Dont get why they would do a PR movie and tv series around the same time? Wouldnt they use MMPR for the movie? This sounds pretty far fetched. But the fact that Katie Slackoff is invovled makes it seem like its something.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/12/14, 12:07 PM   #17
SnoopsWarner
Putty Patroller

It's not the designs that make me suspicious, it's the inclusion of fucking James Van Der Beek. It screams of that kind of unimaginative tabloid casting ideas that were so popular in the nineties, coincidently the last time Van Der Beek was relevant.
SnoopsWarner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/12/14, 12:15 PM   #18
PRangerX
Administrator

This reminds me of all the old imbd rumors that used to show up at PRC Message Board in 2001
Old 12/12/14, 01:05 PM   #19
Zabitan
Administrator

For a moment there I thought this was supposed to be from 1993.

This sounds like a lot like "that one MMPR fan film we can't talk about on Rangerboard"
Zabitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/12/14, 04:01 PM   #20
PRangerX
Administrator

Yeah it does. Strange that Katie Slackoff is involved in this. But it could be a number of things.
Post New ThreadReply