Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 12/14/14, 04:51 PM   #31
UncleBob
Putty Patroller

Default Re: New MMPR TV Pilot?

Oh, I agree that it is unlikely - but since these deals are pretty top secret and since Sony Pictures wasn't involved, we'll likely never know the full details.

It's *possible* that, somewhere in the contract, Disney retained some kind of distribution rights to something Power Rangers related. Unlikely, sure... but *possible*...
UncleBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/14/14, 05:54 PM   #32
stationx
Putty Patroller

A collector who sells nothing without any sort of proof of authenticity is automatically suspicious to me and why wouldn't he post a picture of the damage from his suit to compare to the picture that she posted? Why is it the job of people who are going to be bidding on it to compare that picture with his full body shot of the suit. He posted that picture as part of the auction like it means something, but fails to post a picture of his own where that damage matches up on the suit in his possession. All we have is "It sorta looks like the same."

Add to the fact that a lot of his stuff he gets, according to the people on that website, is through dumpster diving so even if he did find these suits (and the suits alone I guarantee because the rest is mismatched helmets & accessories you can buy off of eBay) he would have no idea what they're from let alone who was involved.
stationx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/14/14, 06:00 PM   #33
johnboy34
Putty Patroller

That picture of Sackhoff's wasn't in his post initially. He only added it in the past couple days. It wasn't until after some of us in this thread had already found it on the Twitter feed. If he used that picture as the basis for this entire con, you'd think he would have led with that.

And it's not "sorta". Save the image and zoom in. Even at a distance, it's a visibly exact match.

I'm not saying it's a pilot to some new MMPR series. In fact, that's the last thing I'd guess it to be. But the idea that he cooked up this entire thing based on a single, incredibly vague and totally unrelated Twit-pic actually sounds more farfetched than him fishing some PR suits out of College Humor's dumpster.
johnboy34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/15/14, 11:19 AM   #34
Captain Codfish
Power Ranger

I think its real. Now is the time for an adult Power Rangers series that is dark and mature. I see no reason why we cant have kid Power Rangers and an adult show at the same time. It also can exist separate from whatever the movie does. I am excited to see Big name actors invovled. I hope we hear more soon.
Captain Codfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/26/14, 02:57 PM   #35
Tommyx13
Putty Patroller

Read through this whole thread and I definitely don't hate the idea of a tv show like this.Those costumes are pretty ugly though. Doubt anything will really come of it but it was fun to think about for a few minutes.
Tommyx13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/27/14, 01:46 PM   #36
Galaxy Supreme
Comic Relief

This idea is too whack. Maybe I can see an adult PR show someday. But I doubt it will be "dark and gritty"
Galaxy Supreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/27/14, 01:49 PM   #37
VR Master
Power Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Codfish View Post
I think its real. Now is the time for an adult Power Rangers series that is dark and mature. I see no reason why we cant have kid Power Rangers and an adult show at the same time. It also can exist separate from whatever the movie does. I am excited to see Big name actors invovled. I hope we hear more soon.
We already have the movie coming. Which I think will be for more of a general audience. But I don't think it will be dark and gritty in a way some people are talking about. Just a bit more mature than the TV show. Really I think thats all we need. The show and the movie franchise.
VR Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply