Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 12/26/14, 03:34 PM   #1
Super Jeff
Putty Patroller

Default Which Neo Saban "Teamup" was the best?

Sure they weren't as great as the saban or disney era teamups but they at least tried to establish continuity. To me Spirit of the Tiger is probably the best. Sure Casey doesn't morph but I feel that he had more of a presence with the Megaforce team compared to Jayden who just shows up and gives them a disc. Legendary battle would have been on top if the fight lasted longer then 2 minutes
Super Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/26/14, 03:36 PM   #2
rad rock
Putty Patroller

Default Re: Which Neo Saban "Teamup" was the best?

Who is Neo Saban? Sounds like someone from The Matrix lol. I'm not sure if any of the team up episodes listed are my favourite. I think my all time favourite must be Forever Red episode. It was great to see Jason back.

The clash of the red ranger episode was ok but the not taking the helmet off because of the air thing was silly lol. The race with the sports car and the horse was cool though.
rad rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/26/14, 03:38 PM   #3
AlwaysARanger
Putty Patroller

Red neo saban is what we in the fandom have been calling the new saban era on pr. Which helps break series down. We got saban era ie mm to tf/wf disney yrs ns to rpm and samurai and on.
AlwaysARanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/26/14, 03:39 PM   #4
SpidahMan
Putty Patroller

Clash of the Red Rangers was one of the better team-ups in the franchise history tbqh. Low bar obviously but I'll take it over Ranger of Two Worlds, Trakeena's Revenge, Time For Lightspeed, both Dino Thunder/SPD crossover episodes, Forever Red, Once a Ranger, and Legendary War.

Ranger of Two Worlds was as boring as the rest of Zeo. Zeo had maybe 7 good episodes. Trakeena's Revenge basically ignored the Galaxy Rangers and we have the issue of Loki and Vypra being loyal to Olympus rather than verbally abuse him and mock him because the two-parter was put together as a Mcdonalds promotional video before the Olympus episodes were actually produced in the show proper. Time for Lightspeed felt rushed and it made no sense to have Vypra come out of the ground, should have brought Jinker back. Forever Red had Serpentera being defeated by a stupid motorcycle and dumb fan service like Eric saying Tommy has his own fanclub which isn't as clever as Amit whatshisface thinks it is. Both SPD/Dino Thunder crossovers were surprisingly boring, more so wormhole. Once a Ranger had the general Overdrive issues of being annoying and having the most annoying team ever in PR history, Legendary War well the extended version was decent but the regular edition with the big bad not even going out on a fight and the whole "oh look now that most of the invasion has been stopped and it's just the last batch now all the Rangers will help"

Clash of the Red Rangers has problems but it was an enjoyable Samurai episode, which is kind of a backhanded compliment. My standards for crossover episodes in general and Samurai were both lowered so I was able to enjoy Clash of the Red Rangers well enough. It helps that I'm not a Scott fan, more of a Ziggy, Dr.K, Gem and Gemma fan myself, so I was a-okay with him being out of character.
SpidahMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/26/14, 03:43 PM   #5
white dino ranger
Putty Patroller

pirit of the Tiger was the best, hands down. It didn't try to screw over Jungle Fury in any way and it only gave us one unanswered question as opposed to several. Plus it didn't leave a bad taste in folks' mouths...with the exception of that idiot, Troy, being all "A Ranger never lets go of his weapons! Ever!" Aside from that, Jason Smith's acting was spot-on and he portrayed his character very accurately. It genuinely felt like he came back as a veteran Ranger.

I love RPM but lately Saban Brands seems to have gone out of its way to screw over RPM as thoroughly as possible. They messed up Scott's character something fierce, which is why Clash of the Red Rangers is not as good.
white dino ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/26/14, 03:43 PM   #6
Nebula Ranger
Putty Patroller

To each their own I suppose, I must say I agree with you on the most part as Ranger of Two Worlds and Trakeena's Revenge were indeed boring but I wouldn't be as hard on any of the Disney teamups simply because they atleast manage to have all the cast there and made good use of them despite lower budget. Sure they weren't anything special but atleast they were trying and didn't have them there for a five second cameo.

I will agree that CotRR is indeed one of the better Samurai episodes (not without it's problems like Antonio's actor not being present and Sharkjaw disappearing halfway through) but as a teamup I don't think it was that good since Scott never demorphed, his character is inconsistent and the other RPM rangers don't even make a cameo when they could've easily used the Sentai battle footage of them without them ever talking/demorphing.
Nebula Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/26/14, 03:45 PM   #7
Digificwriter
Putty Patroller

nking all of the team-ups, divided by 'era':
- Saban Entertainment -
1. To the Tenth Power/Power of Pink
2. Rangers of Two Worlds
3. True Blue to the Rescue
4. A Friend in Need
5. Shell-Shocked
6. Time for Lightspeed
7. Trakeena's Revenge

- Disney -
1. Reinforcements from the Future
2. Thunder Storm
3. Wormhole
4. History
5. Once a Ranger
6. Forever Red

- Saban Brands -
1. Spirit of the Tiger
2. Samurai Supririse
3. Clash of the Red Rangers

I haven't seen Legendary Battle, and therefore won't rank it.
Digificwriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply