Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Off-Topic Discussion > VR Troopers Online > VR Troopers Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 11/17/14, 11:55 PM   #1
PRangerX
Administrator

Default Tommy Oliver in VR Troopers

I think it would have been interesting if JDF did appear in Cybertron ( VR Troopers earlier name before issues with Transformers owning the name forced them to change). But instead of being the new character Adam Steele, it would have been interesting it it became a true PR spin off...Which JDF actually playing Tommy Oliver.

In this senario Tommy would have lost his powers and never returned as White Ranger. The timeline would work since VR Troopers debuted just a season later. And it wouldn't have been hard to give Tommy a new backstory with Tyler "Oliver" as his Dad. You could have introed JB and Kaitlin as his old Childhood friends. Would have been an interesting route to go.

Of course this never was in the cards since JDF was originally supposed to play a new character in Cybertron. And probably would have if he stayed long enough for VR Troopers to become what it did. Adam Steele was really just an eary version of of Ryan Steele. Besides, Tommy's popularity as Green Ranger pretty much forced the writers to change course and bring JDF back to PR.

Still its fun to speculate. Would have made a heck of a block with PR if Fox Kids had picked the show up in this fantasy senario.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/18/14, 01:39 AM   #2
Zabitan
Administrator

Default Re: Tommy Oliver in VR Troopers

Indeed.

I would have liked it if they used it as way to explain the Battle Grid suits like either the box of Isis was a piece of damaged Eltarian technology, and the Battle Grid suits are based on Ranger suit schematics.

Or Tommy has a weird leftover connection to the Morphing Grid that causes a weird flux with the VR Trooper powers that causes them to transform into different suits when they are sent to the Battle Grid, and other dimensions.

I also had this weird idea that since the original idea was to make Jason David Frank the hero of VR Troopers, and Brad Hawkins as the White Ranger, and you switched plots then I would have done it where there was this for lack of a better word Love Square going on with Ryan, and Tommy both being in love with Kimberly, and Kimberly, and Kaitlin both being in love with Tommy.

I'm currently trying to come up with my own fan made version of Power Rangers, and the other Saban superheroes, and I want to do all the various "what if"s I have.

Like what if in season one they adapted Kai from Zyuranger as Thrax, and made Lokar a different form of Lord Zedd, and in season two they used the Dairanger suits, and turned Zedd, Rita and Thrax into Dairanger villains, but Kept the Zyuranger villains.

Anyway I'm thinking of having it where VR Troopers has three seasons where season one is like the season one we did get with Metalder, and Spielban, and season two is Shaider, and Spielban.

But I'm also going use Juspion, and have it where instead of Kaitlin having a clone Amy from Rise of the Red Python was Helen Lady, and Jeremy from Virtual Spy is Mad Gallant from Juspion instead of Big Wayne from Metalder, and instead of Graybot he's Dark Dragon.

Then he turns good, and becomes Juspion when Amy becomes Helen Lady.

Then I'm going to make a fan made Season Three that is based on Shaider, Spielban, Juspion, Gavan, and Sharivan.

And I'm going to make it where the storyline from Zeo where Tommy finds his long lost brother David and just make it a VR Troopers story as a means to bring in David as Sharivan.

Also in my version of Zeo Billy is the Gold Ranger so either Jason retired, and Ryan is now Red Zeo, or Ryan retired, and Jason is Red Zeo.

Either way whoever's not Red Zeo gets moved to VR Troopers, and becomes Gavan.

Anyway that's all I can think of for now.
Zabitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/15/14, 10:01 PM   #3
No Green Spandex
Power Ranger

No way. Didn't need Tommy hogging the spotlight in VR Troopers. So glad Cybertron never got off the ground. Although than I would have been rid of him from PR before he got unbearable? So I guess its a no win situation.
No Green Spandex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/15/14, 10:02 PM   #4
Willow
Putty Patroller

I would have liked it? But do they use Kaitlin or Mia?
Willow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/15/14, 10:03 PM   #5
Captain Codfish
Power Ranger

Would have been interesting. But I think PR wouldn't have had the same evolution it had with Tommy. Would have been an interesting concept.
Captain Codfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/15/14, 10:04 PM   #6
PRangerX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Green Spandex View Post
No way. Didn't need Tommy hogging the spotlight in VR Troopers. So glad Cybertron never got off the ground. Although than I would have been rid of him from PR before he got unbearable? So I guess its a no win situation.
Didn't you say you're problems weren't with JDF but Tommy? I know the thread is about bringing Tommy to VR Troopers. But you mentioned Cybertron. Which would have had JDF playing Adam Steele. A whole new character.
Old 12/15/14, 10:05 PM   #7
No Green Spandex
Power Ranger

True, got a little carried away. Yeah would have had to give JDF a chance as Adam. Diffinitly wouldn't want him playing Tommy though.
No Green Spandex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/15/14, 10:07 PM   #8
Turbo Guy
Power Ranger

I never watched VR Troopers too much. Might have watched it more if JDF was in it.
Turbo Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/16/14, 12:08 PM   #9
PRangerX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willow View Post
I would have liked it? But do they use Kaitlin or Mia?
Good question. You could go either way. If they stuck to just one series to adapt probably Mia. If they ended up adapting too probably JB and Kaitlin. Maybe even with Adam becoming Ryan like it really did.

Makes me wonder of Cybertron Season 2 would have had Adam and Mia with JB and Kaitlin's powers.
Old 12/16/14, 01:00 PM   #10
Zabitan
Administrator

Indeed.

You know how sometimes people imagine if Power Rangers, or a similar show came out earlier like the Bioman idea, or Marvel's Sun Vulcan idea.

And I always imagine either of them adapting Gavan, Sharivan, Shaider. Juspion, and Spielban into one show with one guy where it's essentially Uchuu Keiji: the American version but set in High School or something.

Maybe if Cybertron happened something similar would have happened like in Season Two Adam becomes Spielban, and Mia becomes Diana Lady, and Season Three Adam becomes Shaider but Mia stays Diana Lady, and they just keep switching Metal Hero shows out until they run out.
Zabitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply