Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 11/04/14, 04:46 PM   #1
Jiemusu
Shadow Ranger

Default Rocky didnt measure up to Jason/Other replacement Rangers

Rocky was never going to match Jason though, even if he tried, that's the sad thing. It was a losing battle from the start. Not because Jason was "really great" or anything like that, but just because Tommy was classed as the leader before Rocky joined, and leading wasn't in Rocky's character, it was just something that he was sorta "pushed into" at the time and tried to do his best. Personally, I think he did an alright job filling in, but alot of people rate the character down just because he wasn't the leadership type, which I feel is pretty harsh because they're effectively bashing someone for being something they're obviously weren't supposed to be, and thus weren't. He had too much pressure to be something he wasn't. You can't really compare Rocky to Jason because they're too different. So many Youtube comments with stuff like "HE'S OK BUT HE'S NOT JASON". Er... of course he's not, it's a different character entirely, duh, seriously.

Trini and Aisha are weird because they're both so unbelievably different and both equally useful in different ways. I personally never saw Aisha as similar to Kim, I must admit, because I saw Kim as the ditzy one that always used to panic and scream the obvious, where I saw Aisha as highly initiative, innovative and streetwise.

Adam though, it just felt like a downgrade. I mean I understand that other replacements contrast with who they replaced, Rocky differed from Jason, Aisha was entirely different from Trini, Kat was very different from Kim, that's fine, but... I found it difficult to compare Adam to Zack because I just didn't feel like Adam even had anything to compare. He didn't... DO anything. Trini was the quiet spiritual Asian but at least she performed some kind of purpose. Adam, nothing. That's why I felt it was a downgrade.PoP
Old 12/10/14, 08:09 AM   #2
PRangerX
Administrator

Default Re: Rocky didnt measure up to Jason/Other replacement Rangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiemusu View Post
Rocky was never going to match Jason though, even if he tried, that's the sad thing. It was a losing battle from the start. Not because Jason was "really great" or anything like that, but just because Tommy was classed as the leader before Rocky joined, and leading wasn't in Rocky's character, it was just something that he was sorta "pushed into" at the time and tried to do his best. Personally, I think he did an alright job filling in, but alot of people rate the character down just because he wasn't the leadership type, which I feel is pretty harsh because they're effectively bashing someone for being something they're obviously weren't supposed to be, and thus weren't. He had too much pressure to be something he wasn't. You can't really compare Rocky to Jason because they're too different. So many Youtube comments with stuff like "HE'S OK BUT HE'S NOT JASON". Er... of course he's not, it's a different character entirely, duh, seriously.

Trini and Aisha are weird because they're both so unbelievably different and both equally useful in different ways. I personally never saw Aisha as similar to Kim, I must admit, because I saw Kim as the ditzy one that always used to panic and scream the obvious, where I saw Aisha as highly initiative, innovative and streetwise.

Adam though, it just felt like a downgrade. I mean I understand that other replacements contrast with who they replaced, Rocky differed from Jason, Aisha was entirely different from Trini, Kat was very different from Kim, that's fine, but... I found it difficult to compare Adam to Zack because I just didn't feel like Adam even had anything to compare. He didn't... DO anything. Trini was the quiet spiritual Asian but at least she performed some kind of purpose. Adam, nothing. That's why I felt it was a downgrade.PoP
Rocky as Red was never a fit. It was kind of akward because Tommy was clearly the leader yet they naturally made Red take charge at times like most seasons. Everyone was used to Jason as leader and Rockh wasnt the same. He fit better as Zeo Blue.

Funny how you think Adam was a downplay. Since I think he was the stronger of the three replacements. Sure he was different than Zack but all three were different their predessors. Adam ended up being a fan favorite and had the chance to get more character development than Zack. Since he was around longer.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply