Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 10/29/14, 06:07 PM   #1
d_fife
Shadow Ranger

Default why was Dark Specter so underused

why was DArk Specter so underused

and why were Lord ZEdd and Rita and the Machine Empire only in the first and last episodes?
Old 10/29/14, 06:08 PM   #2
www1125
Shadow Ranger

Default Re: why was Dark Specter so underused

Because the main focus wasn't about Dark Specter, Zedd & Rita, or the Machine Empire. The main focus was about the plot revolving around the relationships of the Rangers(especially Andros), Astronema, Ecliptor, and Darkonda. Though it would've been nice to see Zedd & Rita or the Machine Empire get a task like we see with Divatox, but it wasn't necessary. And I personally felt we saw enough of Dark Specter.
Old 10/29/14, 06:09 PM   #3
d_fife
Shadow Ranger

Why did we see Enough of Dark Specter he was only in 13 of the 43 episodes .and was it me or was he as evil as he could be like, sending an asteroid to Earth unless Astronema was returned to him. What task Did Lord Zedd and Rita and the Machine Empire have? or were they old washed up failures.
Old 10/29/14, 06:10 PM   #4
www1125
Shadow Ranger

We saw enough of Dark Specter, because he wasn't the main focus of the season. We just knew he was supposed to be the ultimate evil that all the villains feared, and leaving him in the dark without having him be defeated by the Rangers on a weekly basis was the best way to convey that.

We're never told whether or not he assigns any jobs to Zedd or Mondo. I guess that's just up to the viewer.
Old 10/29/14, 08:24 PM   #5
PRangerX
Administrator

Mostly because of the lack of Sentai footage. But it made him seem like more of a bad ass. Something that would have been hard to convey in an actual battle.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/29/14, 08:30 PM   #6
MattEmily
Administrator

I don't agree with the lack of Sentai footage since everything involving Astronema and the Quantrons was original anyway. Not to mention Elgar as well and after "The Rangers' Mega Voyager," most of Darkonda's scenes were original as well.

I just think for one thing they didn't want to focus on just Dark Specter himself but I think another reason is because it was probably more difficult to film the scenes because of the whole nature of him being a natural Giant creature.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply