Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 12/15/14, 08:21 PM   #11
MattEmily
Administrator

Default Re: Is the whole world rangerly active?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRangerX View Post
For all we know Lightspeed built a new Aqua Base by now or something else to act as a base of operation.
I can see that happening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Codfish View Post
Yeah, saving the world probably gets you the budget for something like that.
They probably had a big budget anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Ranger View Post
Speaking of the Aqua Base , reminds me of why I hated LR like most of the later Saban Seasons. Just don't like PR having a military theme. It should be about teenagers with attitude. I thought it.was silly for them to have that big huge base. As much as I dislike the sentai approach, they should just have used the GoGoV sibling route.
I actually did like the whole military aspect of Lightspeed Rescue.
They can't always do the whole "teenagers becoming Rangers tosave the world" thing they need to change up the approach at times in certain ways.
I didn't think it was silly to have the Aquabase at all.
Also I would have been against them adapting the GoGoV sibling thing since then they would need to have a couple adoptions thrown in there for good measure in order to have a diverse cast.
Also a lot of those GoGoV heroes were adults as well so you'd be approving of the thing that you don't like.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/15/14, 09:02 PM   #12
PRangerX
Administrator

The military aspect turned me off at first too. But looking back I actually like it now. Made for some interesting stories and was original. The base was pretty impressive. Besides, we got some military stuff in Galaxy. Even if the Rangers operated on their own.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/15/14, 09:03 PM   #13
Turbo Guy
Power Ranger

I just liked Lightspeed since we got back to the car like theme. Reminded me of Turbo. Not as funny though. But Joel and sometimes Kelesy were good for a laugh.
Turbo Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/15/14, 09:05 PM   #14
No Green Spandex
Power Ranger

Carter got too much focus though. Don't hate him like Tommy. But he saved the day too much. Kinda turned me off. I liked Ryan the best. But would have liked him to stick around a bit longer. I like that he didn't upstage anyone though.
No Green Spandex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/15/14, 09:08 PM   #15
MattEmily
Administrator

You have a point there since the GSA was kind of a military-like operation and while Mike, Kendrix and Kai did work for the GSA their Ranger duties were indeed separate from it.

Also I agree that the Aquabase was impressive. I personally it and the SPD Base were the 2 bases that were the most impressive in Power Rangers.
Old 12/15/14, 09:32 PM   #16
PRangerX
Administrator

I think Terra Venture was pretty impressive but thats more of a city. I'm also partial to the Astro Megaship. But thats not as big in scale. Just reminded me of Star Trek.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/15/14, 09:33 PM   #17
Disney Ranger
Power Ranger

I like the Command Center the best. It was the original. And pretty iconic. The Power Chamber was okay. Liked the second Power Chamber better.
Disney Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/15/14, 09:34 PM   #18
Captain Codfish
Power Ranger

I agree with PRX, the Megaship was pretty cool. I liked Terra Venture even though it was a city. I actually liked the second Power Chamber better than the third, Disney.
Captain Codfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/15/14, 09:36 PM   #19
MattEmily
Administrator

No doubt Terra Venture was impressive as well but that was basically a colony city and wasn't an actual base.

The Megaship set was also impressive but not as impressive as the Aquabase or S.P.D. Base were.

Disney Ranger yes the Command Center was the original and iconic but really there wasn't a whole lot to it and it was a pretty small base as well.
The Power Chamber gave the Rangers and Alpha 5 more space to walk around in but the Power Chamber still had the other downfalls that the Command Center did there wasn't much in it except for the globe and the control panels.
Old 12/16/14, 11:45 PM   #20
MMPR Forever
Power Ranger

The Command Center is my personal favorite. Since I love MMPR. I actually cried when it was destroyed. I thought the Power Rangers lost.
MMPR Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply