Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 01/11/15, 04:10 PM   #1
kainhighwind2
Putty Patroller

Default Summer Glau auditioned for Wild Force

I was perusing Wikipedia, and it said she auditioned to be a ranger in Power Rangers Wild Force. Didn't say which ranger, though. I assume this is semi-well known if Wikipedia has it. Anyone got any more info?
kainhighwind2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/11/15, 04:18 PM   #2
moonknight
Putty Patroller

Default Re: Summer Glau auditioned for Wild Force

We've actually known this for years. She said she was the second choice for the "pink" Ranger (obviously meaning the White Ranger). It's been confirmed in a couple of interviews with her, it was one of her first auditions in Hollywood, and she almost quit acting.
moonknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/11/15, 04:21 PM   #3
MastaDan2
Putty Patroller

I would have loved her in Power Rangers.

I could even see her having some sort of role in the new movie. Not sure what though, she's too old now to be a ranger but it they need a Dulcea type of role or anything she could work.

I love Jessica Rey, but I probably would have preferred Summer for the part. Wild Force was one of my least favorite seasons, but Jessica Rey is one of my favorite PR actresses, but mainly for the actress herself more than her actual performance or the character.

I think 3 failed shows in which she has a strong part or even main role though is enough to warrant that trope, it's not an insult or jab at her just an in joke about her bad luck with shows getting canned.
MastaDan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/12/15, 09:41 PM   #4
PRangerX
Administrator

I wonder how many actors auditionee for PR before they became well known.

Keep in mind that the Wild Force cast was heavily directed to overact in a Sentai like way. So its possible Glau's performance would have been similar to Rey. Just look at the differece between Medina as Cole and Deker.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply