Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 01/12/11, 03:09 PM   #11
Kamen Rider Decade
Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRangerX90 View Post
Disney destoryed all the Series Bibles when they took over Power Rangers. But I am sure Sloan, Ann, and Jackie know PR well enough.
Where did you hear that little gem?
Kamen Rider Decade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/12/11, 03:09 PM   #12
PRangerX
Administrator

Lets not forget that Tommy doesn't have a very good memory. Its entirely possible that he made some omisions on accident.

Its well known that Disney destoryed the bibles. MR-Aftershock and Funaro have claimed this in the past. Jackie Marchand personally saw the bibles shredded. Disney also destoryed most of the costumes they had in stock.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/12/11, 03:10 PM   #13
metalranger
Shadow Ranger

Noooooooooo those fools they went and destroyed them all. How could they. LOL.
MMPR forever. Jason kicks Tommy. Just remember that. ::::
Old 01/12/11, 03:11 PM   #14
PRangerX
Administrator

Yeah, it sucks that they destoryed the bibles. There could still be bibles out there , in the hands of former cast and crewmembers. Disney just destoryed the ones that were still in stock.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/12/11, 03:13 PM   #15
Delta Red
FORUM RIDE: Moderate

Send a message via ICQ to Delta Red Send a message via AIM to Delta Red Send a message via MSN to Delta Red Send a message via Yahoo to Delta Red

Okay, very delayed since I've been busy, but I just had to address this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheetamus Primal View Post
Doug & Ann are right some of the times, but the show trumps them every time when they contradict each other. It's not a fan saying they are wrong, it is the #@*%!!+ show saying they are wrong by the very fact they wrote an absolutely clear episode that proves them wrong and that DT is set in an AU. If they wanted it to be the same timeline they should have done a better job.

Next moron please stand up and be shot down like the rapid brainless bafoon of a dog just like DeltaRed.
Excuse me? "rapid brainless bafoon of a dog"? Big words for a guy that's generally considered to be an instigator and all around $!@@##%, talking like that to one of the moderators here, thank you. Can you discuss anything without stooping to mudslinging just because someone raised evidence contrary to your "god given" word? Little more than a troll at times you are. Even Funaro is more tactful that you are, and less of a troll in his behavior. And he CAN back up his information with resources of the productions staff of those shows. You're just looking at one episode and saying "I say this, you must all accept this and change your views to mine because I say so."

Word of writers and producers, as well as blatant intent of series trumps word of a fan trying to stir trouble. I saw no contridictions in DT to being in the main PRU, just Tommy ommitting facts, and covering his own ass to make himself look better...and to gush on how "utterly awesome" Andros was. And yes, the series bibles from anything PRE-PRNS were destroyed, we got a LOT of confirmation on this from multiple inside sources. Doug would have had to watch TEN YEARS worth of the series in order to keep "perfect info" on that one. I think he'd rather try and work from memory than spend months trying to watch every single important episode of the series. Inconsistencies in the video diary are easily chalked up to variable reasons for them; such as Tommy's own memory, not knowing ALL the facts about things after he left the Rangers in Turbo, and Forever Red itself..Classified. Possibly under some kind of restriction never to discuss it.

BTW, it's buffoon, not "bafoon". If you wish to look smarter and "better" than everyone else like you act, spell it correctly. Otherwise, you look like just another an idiot.
Delta Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/12/11, 03:13 PM   #16
psychic ranger
Power Ranger

That Zordan was freed from capture and the evil was still there.
psychic ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/12/12, 03:35 PM   #17
MattEmily
Administrator

Default Re: Power Rangers Alternate History

A lot of the "What if?" ideas are interesting such as Jason retrieving the Green Candle in time so that Tommy would have never lost his Green Ranger powers which means there'd be no White Ranger.

No Command Center malfunction which means Rito and the 4 monsters wouldn't have destroyed the Thunderzords.

Quote:
During Dino Thunder the episode where it showed Tommy's video diary about his life as a Power Ranger and the history of the other Power Rangers, it was canon proof that Dino Thunder existed in an alternate continuity to the rest of Power Rangers up to that point or all Disney PR is alternate continuity from the Saban PR.
Neglecting stuff or making things simple does not simply mean "it's not continuity."

Oh, Zack called the Sword of Darkness "the Power Sword" right after Jason destroyed it. So I guess by your standards, that would mean that's not in continuity either?

Quote:
DinoThunder actually proves that Power Rangers has always been one timeline. "Legacy of Power just had a few errors and condensed the story for time. Doug has made it pretty clear that DinoThunder is not an AU. The only Power Rangers season that could be an AU is SPD. Since Greg said that he thought of it as one. But I am not so sure, since we had a team up. Its possible its an alternate future though.
I agree. I'm sure it was probably intended for SPD to be AU but with the teamup as well as Piggy's appearance in Mystic Force, it's definitely not nowadays.

Quote:
What I have seen disproves Power Rangers has always been one timeline.
So you're trying to claim people that make mistakes are making them to prove they're out-of-continuity? You're trying to say that people that write episodes aren't allowed to make mistakes?

Sure, they've made mistakes, they do it all the time, doesn't mean it's the "end of the world" or it doesn't mean "this proves without a doubt it's not just 1 timeline."

Quote:
Disney destoryed all the Series Bibles when they took over Power Rangers. But I am sure Sloan, Ann, and Jackie know PR well enough.

I forgot to mention that Tommy most likely lost his Zeo powers after "Forever Red". The video actually makes it sound like all the other Rangers teams have been depowered by DT. I'm not sure whether I believe that fully or not.

The ommisions in Legacy of Power were more time related reasons. I have to watch the episode again. But they weren't really major mistakes. I am sure Tommy has a more complete history written down somewhere.
Wow, that's interesting with the series bible. I had heard of it being destroyed but I doubt Disney's version was the only copy available.

I agree with the video diary. Regardless of what "Forever Red" claimed or implied, the video diary retconned that with Tommy no longer being a Ranger. We have no knowledge as to why. Did he decide to no longer want to be a Ranger? We don't know. We do know however that the video diary claimed that most of the Rangers had retired. It may have been true at the time but some of them likely had a change of heart.

Not to mention the whole Sword of Darkness being called the Power Sword and the Quasar Sabers being called the Galaxy Sabers. It's Tommy who had been known to have a forgetful memory. Not to mention he was just narrating over the history that was being 'retrieved' by whatever system they were using.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deltared View Post
Doug would have had to watch TEN YEARS worth of the series in order to keep "perfect info" on that one. I think he'd rather try and work from memory than spend months trying to watch every single important episode of the series. Inconsistencies in the video diary are easily chalked up to variable reasons for them; such as Tommy's own memory, not knowing ALL the facts about things after he left the Rangers in Turbo, and Forever Red itself..Classified. Possibly under some kind of restriction never to discuss it.
Probably not necessarily 10 years of the series since I'm sure Doug remembers a lot from his time on the show. He left during the whole shakeup situation during Turbo so he would have to look through the 2nd half of Turbo to and through Wild Force. Despite the fact most of the crew weren't involved during a lot of those seasons except for Jackie (she only wasn't around for Wild Force) and Koichi (he was around throughout all of those seasons.) However there's bound to be some issues with remembering things and without a series bible to rely on, there's not much you can do.
Sure, you can look up things that you might not be remembering or look at the clips you're putting in to make sure the names of things are correct but who knows why they didn't do that.
The fact of the matter is, with the video diary, they only had so much time so things could only be condensed or neglected. None of the teamups were mentioned no matter how important they were.
Just because they weren't brought up doesn't mean it didn't happen. There was just no time to bring it up. Sure, it'd be nice to bring it up but is it a deal breaker? No, it's not.
You bring up anything additional and something else would have had to be cut or shortened.
They had to include Ninja Storm even though it just happened the previous year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychic ranger View Post
That Zordan was freed from capture and the evil was still there.
That doesn't really mean anything. Zordon only said shattering his "Energy Tube" would destroy the forces of evil. The "forces of evil" can really mean anything someone wants it to mean.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/17/14, 04:55 PM   #18
MattEmily
Administrator

I actually thought of more to say on this subject.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Ranger View Post
Can anyone think of alternate history (what would have happened) ideas for Power Rangers? Such as what would have happened if the green ranger clone was able to join the Mighty Morphing Power Rangers and there would be two Tommys and seven rangers? Feel free to post, or not post.
Yes I can think of an answer to that. I think Tom (the Wizard's Tommy clone) would have joined them and fought with them whenever they needed the extra help but then I'd like to think that without the Wizard's magic Tom would begin to fade away and eventually during a battle he does. He also uses the Dragonzord in instances in which they need the extra power from a zord but it rarely happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychic ranger View Post
I think of this kind of stuff all the time. I love the possibilities AUs bring. Like what would have happened if Tommy, Kat, Tonya, and Adam had gone into Space instead of the new Turbo Cast. Or what if the Space Rangers continued on in Lost Galaxy. What if the NS Rangers were used for DinoThunder? What if the DinoThunder Rangers were used in SPD? What would have happened if the MMPR Ranger's retired in Doomsday? The possiblities are endless.
I think if the Space Rangers had continued on then they would be living on Earth with Andros and Ashley dating along with Zhane and Karone dating and then there'd be an incident in which opens up a wormhole that allows Scorpius and his Scorpion Stinger to come through. However the wormhole instantly closes and the Scorpion Stinger is stuck in the solar system so Scorpius decides to make the best use of him being trapped there and try to seek out powerful weapons called the Quasar Sabers.
Alpha 6 approaches the Rangers and Karone and he tells them that the base in the sky that came through the wormhole is called the Scorpion Stinger and that the villain is called Scorpius and he believes Scorpius likely came in search of the Quasar Sabers which are Ancient Swords that are capable of tremendous power. With the Quasar Sabers will come additional powers, arsenal and abilities.
Andros asks if he has any clues where they could be at. Alpha says no but he has D.E.C.A. currently searching for any odd signals that would be giving off radar.
Karone mentions that she believes they could be back on Eltar since she recalls hearing Divatox blab about these magical Swords that she saw in Zordon's possession before Dark Specter's army there had captured him but she stated no one could find them... so the Rangers head there at once and they eventually find them.

Quote:
No mention of Trey as Gold Ranger
Command Center destruction means loss of Turbo powers contradictory to known cannon which states that the Turbo powers came from Eltar
No mention of Alex, nor his death and resurrection
Specifically states that Tommy has no Ranger powers at the time in direct contradiction to Forever Red (he creates evil with Mercer, yet he doesn't keep his Zeo Powers handy just in case he may need to clean up his own frakkin mess)
While Trey wasn't mentioned by name he was heard in the voice-over clips so you can't really say that.
They never said in the diary that the Power Chamber's destruction resulted in the Rangers losing their powers.
Alex wasn't important to mention so why would they?
Tommy not having his powers anymore is not contradicting anything, it's very possible that something happened between then and Dino Thunder that resulted in him losing his powers.... or perhaps he just decided to not keep any of his old Morphers around in his Reefside house.

Quote:
DinoThunder actually proves that Power Rangers has always been one timeline. "Legacy of Power just had a few errors and condensed the story for time. Doug has made it pretty clear that DinoThunder is not an AU. The only Power Rangers season that could be an AU is SPD. Since Greg said that he thought of it as one. But I am not so sure, since we had a team up. Its possible its an alternate future though.
I agree that it's still one timeline, yes the video diary did have errors and mistakes but that doesn't mean it's still not in the same continuity, in the same timeline.

I personally think people just try to find whatever they can so they can find a reason to excuse it from continuity just because it's a season that they don't like so they'd rather find some excuse to say that it's not part of the actual Power Rangers story.
Old 09/17/14, 09:09 PM   #19
Zabitan
Administrator

Well the only seasons I can think of that aren't set in stone are Time Force, SPD, and RPM, and then that's because Time Force, and SPD are the future and haven't happened yet, and RPM is another dimension according to the producers.
Zabitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/18/14, 08:42 AM   #20
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zabitan View Post
Well the only seasons I can think of that aren't set in stone are Time Force, SPD, and RPM, and then that's because Time Force, and SPD are the future and haven't happened yet, and RPM is another dimension according to the producers.
very true and even in RPM's case just because it's an alternate dimension doesn't mean it's the same dimension that we saw during RPM itself.
Post New ThreadReply