Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 10/16/17, 04:49 PM   #1
Reinforcements From The Failures
Putty Patroller

Default Reinforcements horrible team up !

I don't know why so many people like this episode? It focused way too much on the TF Rangers.... Gave us unneeded additions to the former seasons storylines...and had way too many characters acting out of character to serve the plot.

Ransik and Nadiera's redemption story continued to be tacked on and stupid. They shouldn't even have been in the team up. The Mute-Org plot was stupid and made no sense. It was talked on to get something for Ransik to do. Master Org had a glorified came and easily could have been left out of the episode .

It didn't help that I hated the Time Force Rangers and thought they were a bunch or Whiny Failures. The only one that was decent was Eric. Until he joined Wes in the end of the season and the team up ruined him for good.
Reinforcements From The Failures is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/16/17, 05:08 PM   #2
Massive Ego
Power Ranger

Default Re: Reinforcements horrible team up !

Because you didn't like Time Force it was the worst ever?

The team up was the truly last great Power Rangers team up. I count FR in its own special category. Part of the reason was all the TF focus and storyline development. Wild Force Rangers got plenty of focus and actually looked better playing of the TF team. The Mute Org plot was smart. And it made perfect sense to have Ransik in there. Nadiera wasn't needed but she at least lost her annoying traits.
Massive Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/16/17, 05:14 PM   #3
Time For Time Force
Shadow Ranger

With all due respect, I think you hate TF and are using it as a reason to crap on the Wild Force team up.
Old 10/16/17, 05:55 PM   #4
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinforcements From The Failures View Post
I don't know why so many people like this episode? It focused way too much on the TF Rangers.... Gave us unneeded additions to the former seasons storylines...and had way too many characters acting out of character to serve the plot.

Ransik and Nadiera's redemption story continued to be tacked on and stupid. They shouldn't even have been in the team up. The Mute-Org plot was stupid and made no sense. It was talked on to get something for Ransik to do. Master Org had a glorified came and easily could have been left out of the episode .

It didn't help that I hated the Time Force Rangers and thought they were a bunch or Whiny Failures. The only one that was decent was Eric. Until he joined Wes in the end of the season and the team up ruined him for good.
The focus on Time Force was fine. I disagree about any characters acting out of character.

Ransik and Nadira's redemption story wasn't tacked on and it wasn't stupid but Nadira herself really had no business being there.

The Mut-Org plot wasn't stupid and it definitely made sense but I do agree with you about including Master Org in things since Master Org's inclusion was pointless.

Time Force had whiny failures? no you have that confused with Overdrive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Massive Ego View Post
Because you didn't like Time Force it was the worst ever?

The team up was the truly last great Power Rangers team up. I count FR in its own special category. Part of the reason was all the TF focus and storyline development. Wild Force Rangers got plenty of focus and actually looked better playing of the TF team. The Mute Org plot was smart. And it made perfect sense to have Ransik in there. Nadiera wasn't needed but she at least lost her annoying traits.
I mostly agree.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/16/17, 07:07 PM   #5
Reinforcements From The Failures
Putty Patroller

Eric was acting way too nice and never would have fallen for Taylor. Tay!or never would have speeded or fell for Eric herself. Eric being friends with Wes was still stupid. Ransik and Nadiera were out of character since the finale. And don't even get me started on Jen and that stupid suit.

I hate Time Force but I hate the team up on its own merits. If the team up focused on the Wild Force team and gave the TF team a few moments, I probably would have thought it was ok. It was almost impossible to have a great team up with Time Force involved .

Time Force was whiney. Wes was spoiled and a crybaby who couldn't understand why the whole world didn't revolve around him. Jen was too worried about her old boyfriend. And then jumped ship to Wes. Putting his needs above the team and the mission. Alex should have fired her after kicking Wes off the team. Trip was was because no one trusted him like a grown-up. Katie was too concerned about getting home. And lucas was worried about his drivers license. Eric was good but he lot a lot of credibility by partnering with Wes at the end.

I would take the Overdrive team any day. Only Mack was a whiner.
Reinforcements From The Failures is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/16/17, 07:24 PM   #6
Galaxy Forever
Putty Patroller

Both teams were represented equally. The Time Force team had great characters and actors. Nadiera couldn't ruin anything by herself with this cast of characterz. Time Force was also a good season.
Galaxy Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/16/17, 09:12 PM   #7
Ranger Black
Comic Relief

I really liked it. And I liked both seasons. Time Force was especially fun. Even if I wish the future was really an alternate future.
Ranger Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/16/17, 09:21 PM   #8
Countdown to Destruction
Comic Relief

The team up was great! I would rather have team ups that focus on the previous Rangers. Since its probably the last we will see of them.. I also like it when the storylines of the previous or current seasons are furthered. Space and Galaxy's team up did a great job of extending the LG storyline. The Time Force/Wild Force team up advanced than story of Time Force. It also helped Ransik earn his redemption that came too quick in the previous finale.
Countdown to Destruction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/16/17, 09:33 PM   #9
MMPR Fan
Comic Relief

I saw parts of it years later. The later seasons don't interest me. Only episodes before Green No More" count for me. I missed "White Light". Ane lost interest with the episodes where some of the Rangers had funny voices. Once they changed half the cast I was gone.
MMPR Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/16/17, 09:35 PM   #10
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinforcements From The Failures View Post
Eric was acting way too nice and never would have fallen for Taylor. Tay!or never would have speeded or fell for Eric herself. Eric being friends with Wes was still stupid. Ransik and Nadiera were out of character since the finale. And don't even get me started on Jen and that stupid suit.

I hate Time Force but I hate the team up on its own merits. If the team up focused on the Wild Force team and gave the TF team a few moments, I probably would have thought it was ok. It was almost impossible to have a great team up with Time Force involved .

Time Force was whiney. Wes was spoiled and a crybaby who couldn't understand why the whole world didn't revolve around him. Jen was too worried about her old boyfriend. And then jumped ship to Wes. Putting his needs above the team and the mission. Alex should have fired her after kicking Wes off the team. Trip was was because no one trusted him like a grown-up. Katie was too concerned about getting home. And lucas was worried about his drivers license. Eric was good but he lot a lot of credibility by partnering with Wes at the end.

I would take the Overdrive team any day. Only Mack was a whiner.
I beg to differ with Eric and Taylor. Eric wasn't as much of a jerk at that point in time. I wasn't happy with Taylor softening up so quickly but nothing they could do about that. Also I beg to differ about them never falling for 1 another.

and how do you know Taylor would've NEVER sped? what are you basing such logic on?

you may not like it but Wes and Eric ARE friends no one ever said they were buddy buddy like Trip and Circuit were.

Ransik and Nadira were not out of character. Jen's suit was NOT stupid.

Please you hate the teamup just because Time Force was in it. Who are you trying to fool?

Wes was not whiny. He never wanted to be the center of attention or be in the life that his Dad was in.
what happened with Jen was perfectly acceptable since she was in love with Alex and were engaged to be married but she saw Ransik murder him so it's perfectly acceptable for her to move on granted her falling for someone in the past would've been beyond weird.

actually Trip wasn't because no one trusted him like a grown up but because he felt like he had nothing special about himself.

Katie's concern was valid since they were in the year 2001 and their home time period was in the year 3000 so anything that happened in 2001 could've have an impact on their futures.

Lucas wasn't the one who was worrying about his license he never wanted one he just wanted to race he just didn't realize that he needed a new license to legally drive in the year 2001.

so you want the double agent Black Overdrive Ranger who was a thief both on-screen and off-screen over Time Force? okay that's good to know that you value criminal behavior as "better" than your hatred of Time Force.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply