Power Ranger Online Message Board
 

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion

Share This Forum!  
  

Post New ThreadReply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04/30/10, 09:35 PM   #1
PRangerX
Administrator
 
PRangerX's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12/04/00
Posts: 3,355
Default Was Doctor Oliver really just undercover during Dinothunder?

Everyone wonders how Tommy became a Dr in Palentology so quick. I was wondeing if he perhaps was just using a fake degree as a cover. Maybe he worked with Anton just to get to the Dino Gems. When he has suspecions of Mesogog reserfacing in Reefside, he used his connections to get a job as a teacher at Reefside. Perhaps Hayley and Tommy didn't really meet at Grad School. Tommy may not have told his Rangers everything. Its possible he just stayed in Reefside for a year after Mesagog's defeat...to make sure he didn't resurface. Since villains had a habit of doing so.

Hexagon could have played a big role in this. Which is a secret orginization that monitors all Ranger teams. And is run by Tommy himself. Its part of fanon. It comes from Amit's backstory for NS ( before he lost his job and NS changed). Doug Sloan himself has accepted Hexagon having invovlement in the PRU. We just have never seen in on screen. So it stands to reason that Tommy would have the connections to pull all this off.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/30/10, 09:35 PM   #2
Kamen Rider Decade
Banned
 
Join Date: 01/14/08
Posts: 1,370
Default Re: Was Doctor Oliver really just undercover during Dinothunder?

The day I refer to Tommy Oliver as a Doctor of anything is the day Power Rangers and Sentai does a real crossover and no Lost & Found In Translation is not a real crossover.

Tommy's only connections were other unaffiliated but allied Power Rangers. Hexagon is not canon and can't be used for anything in a real discussion about the show. If you want to use Hexacrap then talk about other fanon crap. If you want to discuss the show then stick with what is canon. What a person wanted to do in a season he never worked on for whatever reason has about as much merit and value as the pocket lint from 30 days ago.

As for being undercover, no proof exists, just like there is no proof that Tommy was a real doctor unless I missed the diploma on the wall. He did however prove he was evil throughout DT.
Kamen Rider Decade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/30/10, 09:35 PM   #3
PRangerX
Administrator
 
PRangerX's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12/04/00
Posts: 3,355
Default Re: Was Doctor Oliver really just undercover during Dinothunder?

Hexagon wasn't just Amit's idea. Doug accepted it as Canon. I believe Greg did as well. Sloan just didn't keep the part about Tommy fighting Phantom Rangers in an apocalypse.

There are a lot of things in Power Rangers where you're not going to have explicit proof. Some of it is implicit or just piecing things together. And a lot of it is admittaly theory that won't be 100 percent confirmed.

I don't think its a stretch to say that Tommy had connections. Look at everything he built in DinoThunder. He certianly had connections in "Forever Red". It wouldn't surprised me if Tommy falsified his records so he could go undercover.

I assume you're refering to the monster Tommy and Anton created. The one that can use mind control. That was a pretty devious act. There are some fans that argue Zordon was evil, or something close to it.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/30/10, 09:35 PM   #4
Kamen Rider Decade
Banned
 
Join Date: 01/14/08
Posts: 1,370
Default Re: Was Doctor Oliver really just undercover during Dinothunder?

What Doug accepts as "canon" isn't canon unless it is put on the show. Since it was never put on the show in anyway it thus can't be canon.

Tommy had connections they are called Power Rangers, family, & friends. If he falsified records and is not a part of any legitimate police force then he is a criminal thus proving he is evil.

Mind control monster, the dino versions of Putties.

Zordon was evil he !$@#!#! had his pet robot kidnap five underage teenagers then when they didn't cooperate with him he threw them out knowing they would be attacked by Putties.
Kamen Rider Decade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/07/14, 08:09 PM   #5
MattEmily
Administrator
 
MattEmily's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01/13/11
Posts: 4,045
Send a message via AIM to MattEmily Send a message via Yahoo to MattEmily
Default Re: Was Doctor Oliver really just undercover during Dinothunder?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRangerX View Post
Everyone wonders how Tommy became a Dr in Palentology so quick. I was wondeing if he perhaps was just using a fake degree as a cover. Maybe he worked with Anton just to get to the Dino Gems. When he has suspecions of Mesogog reserfacing in Reefside, he used his connections to get a job as a teacher at Reefside. Perhaps Hayley and Tommy didn't really meet at Grad School. Tommy may not have told his Rangers everything. Its possible he just stayed in Reefside for a year after Mesagog's defeat...to make sure he didn't resurface. Since villains had a habit of doing so.

Hexagon could have played a big role in this. Which is a secret orginization that monitors all Ranger teams. And is run by Tommy himself. Its part of fanon. It comes from Amit's backstory for NS ( before he lost his job and NS changed). Doug Sloan himself has accepted Hexagon having invovlement in the PRU. We just have never seen in on screen. So it stands to reason that Tommy would have the connections to pull all this off.
I don't believe he was undercover at all. Hexagon was a good idea in theory but only in theory and it wasn't a perfect idea at all but I do agree that some of it could be canon I just don't know if anyone else ever admitted to agreeing to taking it into account,.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamen Rider Decade View Post
The day I refer to Tommy Oliver as a Doctor of anything is the day Power Rangers and Sentai does a real crossover and no Lost & Found In Translation is not a real crossover.

Tommy's only connections were other unaffiliated but allied Power Rangers. Hexagon is not canon and can't be used for anything in a real discussion about the show. If you want to use Hexacrap then talk about other fanon crap. If you want to discuss the show then stick with what is canon. What a person wanted to do in a season he never worked on for whatever reason has about as much merit and value as the pocket lint from 30 days ago.

As for being undercover, no proof exists, just like there is no proof that Tommy was a real doctor unless I missed the diploma on the wall. He did however prove he was evil throughout DT.
I disagree that it can't be used in a real discussion, you can still discuss things regardless of whether it's fanon or canon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRangerX View Post
Hexagon wasn't just Amit's idea. Doug accepted it as Canon. I believe Greg did as well. Sloan just didn't keep the part about Tommy fighting Phantom Rangers in an apocalypse.

There are a lot of things in Power Rangers where you're not going to have explicit proof. Some of it is implicit or just piecing things together. And a lot of it is admittaly theory that won't be 100 percent confirmed.

I don't think its a stretch to say that Tommy had connections. Look at everything he built in DinoThunder. He certianly had connections in "Forever Red". It wouldn't surprised me if Tommy falsified his records so he could go undercover.

I assume you're refering to the monster Tommy and Anton created. The one that can use mind control. That was a pretty devious act. There are some fans that argue Zordon was evil, or something close to it.
I don't know if Doug or Bruce accepted it as canon but regardless of that you are right that not everything in the series will have explicit proof on the show. I agree that it's not a stretch to say Tommy had connections since he built the Biozords and T-drones with Mercer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamen Rider Decade View Post
What Doug accepts as "canon" isn't canon unless it is put on the show. Since it was never put on the show in anyway it thus can't be canon.

Tommy had connections they are called Power Rangers, family, & friends. If he falsified records and is not a part of any legitimate police force then he is a criminal thus proving he is evil.

Mind control monster, the dino versions of Putties.

Zordon was evil he !$@#!#! had his pet robot kidnap five underage teenagers then when they didn't cooperate with him he threw them out knowing they would be attacked by Putties.
Actually canon means "authentic works of a writer" so it actually can be canon regardless of whether we wanted to accept it or not, if he wrote it down somewhere and made it authentic then it would be canon in the show until someone retconned it.

Also while creating Fossilador was a devious act creating the T-drones could have seen as a harmless purpose since remember they were made by both him and Mercer and it's likely they wanted to create their own type of army to try and stop villains.

I do agree that Zordon could be evil as well since they wound up teleporting 5 teens into his Command Center but he didn't throw them out at all that was their choice to leave.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/01/16, 09:28 PM   #6
Captain Mutiny
Power Ranger
 
Captain Mutiny's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12/29/14
Posts: 130
Default Re: Was Doctor Oliver really just undercover during Dinothunder?

Tommy was realy a Palentogogist. He was secretly leading Hexagon though.
Captain Mutiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/02/16, 11:51 AM   #7
Tommy Angel
Ranger In Training
 
Tommy Angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09/30/16
Posts: 53
Default Re: Was Doctor Oliver really just undercover during Dinothunder?

Tommy was always smart and a hard worker. I could see him getting a PHD. Plus MMPR probably sparked his interest in Dinosuars.
Tommy Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/02/16, 11:54 AM   #8
No Green Spandex
Power Ranger
 
No Green Spandex's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10/24/11
Posts: 360
Default Re: Was Doctor Oliver really just undercover during Dinothunder?

Sorry I just couldn't buy Tommy as a PHD. Maybe as teaching assitant to someone one else like Mercer, but him being a Doctor Oliver was a strech.
No Green Spandex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/02/16, 11:57 AM   #9
Captain Codfish
Power Ranger
 
Captain Codfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04/24/11
Location: Washington
Posts: 524
Default Re: Was Doctor Oliver really just undercover during Dinothunder?

Why not? Dana became a medical doctor in one year? That's insane...She was a medic in LR saving for Medical School. Thats the PRU for you.
Captain Codfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/03/16, 05:12 PM   #10
White Tiger Fan
Ranger In Training
 
Join Date: 07/13/15
Posts: 67
Default Re: Was Doctor Oliver really just undercover during Dinothunder?

Tommy as undercover for Hexagon makes perfect sense. Amit really did a great job coming up with the back story.
White Tiger Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:09 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.