Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 01/28/15, 12:02 PM   #11
Sailor Chaos
Comic Relief

Default Re: Shouldn't Karone still be responsible for her crimes?

I think they should have had Karone stay dead. It would have added to the finalie. It was so emotional when Andros cried over her dead body. They cheapened it by having her be ressurected.
Sailor Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/28/15, 12:03 PM   #12
Sentai Is Forever
Sentai Snob

This is why I like Sentai. When characters die for dramatic reasons they usually stay dead.
Sentai Is Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/28/15, 11:18 PM   #13
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMPR Forever View Post
Karone should have just been under an evil spell from the beginning. I don' like having a past villain become a Ranger.
I completely disagree. The whole idea of humans being under spells is too old. It was a nice and refreshing idea with Astronema actually being a good girl not under a spell but she was kidnapped and raised to be evil.

I don't have any problems with previous villains becoming Rangers as long as they make amends for what they have done or atone for their crimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VR Master View Post
Its important to note that Karone ended up in Terra Venture in deep space. So it wasn't like she was easy to arrest when she was there.
That's true BUT it wasn't like she stayed on KO-35 for good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starlight Starbrite View Post
She clearly went back to Earth after C2D. Maybe she was tried and somehow escaped a long prision sentance?
True she went back to Earth but it's entirely possible that the Rangers explained things and the court let her off without any punishments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentai Master View Post
Then how would see have just been standing with the K035 rebels? They seemingly just accepted her. And she ddidn't seem to go to Earth for a trail. It was for a happy reason.She clearly wasn't put on trail. There was probably no governing body to put her on trail formally.
why wouldn't the rebels accept Karone? She was one of their own... just because she was Astronema doesn't change the fact that she was originally born to be good.

You do have a point with the trial point though. It's possible the Power Rangers universe doesn't have anything like that after all how often do we even see authority figures like Police Officers or Fire Fighters? Practically never.

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Green Spandex View Post
Karone was punished enough and attoned for her crimes by becoming a Ranger. She turned into a true hero.
I completely agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Chaos View Post
I think they should have had Karone stay dead. It would have added to the finalie. It was so emotional when Andros cried over her dead body. They cheapened it by having her be ressurected.
I completely disagree. Yes it would've added to the finale but it left them with someone to use the following season when Valerie (Kendrix) had to leave to undergo chemotherapy and their first replacement choice Patricia (Cassie) decided to change her mind to replace her since she wasn't happy with the salary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentai Is Forever View Post
This is why I like Sentai. When characters die for dramatic reasons they usually stay dead.
That's true but even Sentai brings the dead warriors back to life at times.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/28/15, 11:31 PM   #14
Sensei Ranger
Putty Patroller

The problem with having her stay dead would have meant that the Cyber Astronema plot would have never been resolved. At this point Karone was acting evil due to the machine hooked up to her in "Astronema Thinks Twice". It would have left it like Astronema never turned good.
Sensei Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/29/15, 01:33 AM   #15
MattEmily
Administrator

precisely. I think it's a better feel good story with Karone being kidnapped, being raised to be evil, discovering the truth, defecting to the Rangers' side, being captured by the villains and brainwashed, killed by accident by Andros, Z-Wave goes through and converts her to good, she returns the following season to take over for Kendrix after Kendrix dies.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/29/15, 06:17 PM   #16
PRangerX
Administrator

The one thing I regretted about that was not being able to see more of Karone with the Rangers. Having her die at the end of Space would have left us wanting more. Since it wouldn't have addressed her mind being manipulated. Like whats been already said. Zordon was sacrificed. So that makes up for Karone being ressurected.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/29/15, 06:33 PM   #17
Kilobyte
Ranger In Training

I never particularly cared for Karone. I liked her Astronoma persona better. I always thought it was a mistake to have the bad ass Astronoma end up being good.
Kilobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/29/15, 06:44 PM   #18
Everyone Loves Rocky
Ranger In Training

You could tell Astronoma was gonna turn good back in the episode where she trades places with Ashley. There was that little scene with Astronoma being surprised at the gifts the Rangers got Ashley.
Everyone Loves Rocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/29/15, 06:54 PM   #19
Captain Codfish
Power Ranger

Plus it was obvious she was Andros' sister the first time we saw the flashback of her being kidnapped. Astronoma was turning good somehow for the beginning. The only reason they did Cyber Astronema was to bide time until the end.
Captain Codfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply