Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Off-Topic Discussion > Kamen Rider Online

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 06/21/10, 07:48 AM   #1
TPatricio
Putty Patroller

Default Petition for a second season of Dragon Knight!

I know that this is a great serie, and because of it i spend two hours only seeing it.
Now i have created a petition to give to this serie a second season, if anyone want sign, go to gopetition.com and search for mine petition in petitions in focus on Arts & Entertainment
TPatricio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/21/10, 06:20 PM   #2
PrimoPiccolo
Eternal

Send a message via AIM to PrimoPiccolo

I doubt this campaign will have too much effect.

1. The target audience wasn't very interested in the product. The ratings for years-old episodes of Sonic X were higher than Dragon Knight premieres.

2. The investment for Adness wasn't returned. They completed filming the series before even finding a network to air it on. They'd never take the chance of that again, especially with The CW, the only strong taker the first time, no longer being interested.

3. Filming was completed in 2007. It's almost 2011, and the actors some would expect to see again may want to move on to new things.

4. The toys sold horribly. The Power Rangers TV series has lasted as long as it has because for the most part, the action figures and such have maintained their market. Without strong toy sales, Kamen Rider has no future on our shores.

Business decisions are made with profit in mind, always. If people didn't watch the show to begin with, I don't see why they'd sign an internet petition now. Sorry to burst your bubble, but that's the bottom line.
PrimoPiccolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/21/10, 06:32 PM   #3
Ignis
Power Ranger

They should have just put it on the Disney channel, where there are more shows with actual actors instead of animation. Or better yet, they should have just made it for an older audience and put it on the Scifi channel.
Ignis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/21/10, 07:09 PM   #4
Kamen Rider Dragoon
Ranger In Training

downside Ignis...again who would watch it? I know we would but unfortunetly most see it as a rip-off of power rangers wich in turn gave it bad reviews. The main issue lies with bandai america and how they made the series too much like power rangers. I am sure if they did it differently and made it more like its japanese counterpart it might do better...a big MIGHT. But more than likely it will remain a japanese show...hell even ultraman didnt do well years ago..like masked rider. Seems it was poor managment and storyline. Granted i liked masked rider but well...it was cancelled before it could be fully completed. Good thing they did get some airtime alongside power rangers
Kamen Rider Dragoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/21/10, 07:22 PM   #5
Ignis
Power Ranger

What I hate is how everybody makes such a big deal about the "original" Power Rangers. Am I the only person who hates 90's PR with a passion?
Old 06/21/10, 07:35 PM   #6
Kamen Rider Dragoon
Ranger In Training

Probly. Granted i liked it when i was a kid because it was a good show and i liked watching the action. Now that i look back i notice a few things that well...i dont like. Anywho its just people's taste
Kamen Rider Dragoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/21/10, 11:43 PM   #7
Ignis
Power Ranger

Either it's because I only watched it during the Disney era, or I just have no sense of nostalgia.

ANYWAYS, it's obviously gotten to the point where no toku can succeed in America unless it's introduced as a comedic parody of Power Rangers. I wouldn't mind if they did that to Kamen Rider, perhaps they could just dub the actual Japanese footage instead of hiring a bunch of non-Asian actors. And instead of being true to Kamen Rider, they could make it entirely different. I think this idea of Kamen Rider would be successful on Comedy Central.
Old 06/22/10, 09:18 PM   #8
TokuNoob
Power Ranger

If an internet petition could not end Uwe Boll's career, it's not going to bring back Dragon Knight.
TokuNoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/02/10, 10:24 PM   #9
PRangerX
Administrator

I don't think its so far fetched that we will get another Kamen Rider Series in the US. But it probably won't have anything to do with Dragon Knight. Since DK wasn't a commercial success in the US.

If you want to do a fan campaign, its better to send regular mail to the proper parties. It means a lot more then online petitions or emails. Since its something physical that they can't just delete.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/02/10, 11:46 PM   #10
Ignis
Power Ranger

They just better aim it at an older audience so that I can be taken seriously by my classmates.
Post New ThreadReply