Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 10/15/16, 08:16 AM   #1
Superstatler
Power Ranger

Default Why Karone so early?

What was the point of having Astronema turn good only to get brainwashed? It seemed kind of odd since things just went back to the status quo until the finalie.
Superstatler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/15/16, 08:20 AM   #2
Green With Envy
Power Ranger

Default Re: Why Karone so early?

Yeah, I did find it odd that Andros didn't mention her more after that .
Green With Envy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/15/16, 08:20 AM   #3
Captain Codfish
Power Ranger

He did a bit. But the Psycho Ranger arch kept the Rangers busy fighting for their lives. Plus he risked everything to get her back in the finale.
Captain Codfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/15/16, 08:22 AM   #4
KimandTommy
Power Ranger

Karone was evil through and through. She loved her brother but in the end she liked being Astronema better. In the end she had to be Karone since good one. She would have stabbed the Galaxy Rangers in the back if she didn't 't need them to survive. It was a disgrace she was allowed to be Ranger. Even more of a disgrace than Kat.
KimandTommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/15/16, 08:24 AM   #5
Super Cena
Power Ranger

It was to set up Astronema for the face turn. They had to make it clear she was redeemable. By havig her turn good only to get reprogrammed...It set up the audience to feel sympathy for her and root for her to return to being Karone in the end.
Super Cena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/15/16, 08:25 AM   #6
Gosei Gold
Power Ranger

C2D almost had me thinking she was going do die as Astronema.
Gosei Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/15/16, 08:27 AM   #7
Jen's Revenge
Power Ranger

I do wish they did a better job of making it clear Astronema was not acting on her own free will during the Psycho Arch.
Jen's Revenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/15/16, 12:01 PM   #8
Smarty Pants Rose
Ranger In Training

I think it was just a way of keeping Astronema the main villain until the end, without having her actually betray Andros.
Smarty Pants Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/15/16, 03:06 PM   #9
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superstatler View Post
What was the point of having Astronema turn good only to get brainwashed? It seemed kind of odd since things just went back to the status quo until the finalie.
I think the point was that in the beginning of the season she was evil but not truly evil so she wouldn't have been evil enough to try to destroy Dark Specter like obviously someone like Darkonda obviously would have been so I think that had a lot to do with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimandTommy View Post
Karone was evil through and through. She loved her brother but in the end she liked being Astronema better. In the end she had to be Karone since good one. She would have stabbed the Galaxy Rangers in the back if she didn't 't need them to survive. It was a disgrace she was allowed to be Ranger. Even more of a disgrace than Kat.
Again with that crap? Okay so to you everyone under a spell is evil except for Tommy? Sorry but it doesn't work like that. I don't care how much you're obsessed with him and I don't care how much you hate Kat and Karone but fact is neither of them were truly evil. Karone was raised to be evil because she was raised by Ecliptor and so she forgot her good ways but she was never truly evil and was never going to be truly evil. Kat was under one of Rita's spells which is why she was evil otherwise she's truly a good person same as Tommy if Kat is evil then Tommy is just as evil you can't say one is evil without saying the same for the other person.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/15/16, 05:15 PM   #10
PRangerX
Administrator

Tommy and Kat were never evil. Astronema was actually evil before she discovered the truth about Andros. Once she made the decision to turn she was good. Even when she had the Cyber Implants. Which were clearly said to be controlling her emotions. This made her act more evil than ever aparently. But only because of the device. Not of her own free will. Once she was freed she remained truly good.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply