Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Off-Topic Discussion

Share This Forum!  

View Poll Results: Which is your favorite Star trek Film/
Star trek the motion picture 0 0%
Star Trek the wraith of Khan 1 6.25%
Star Trek The search for Spock 2 12.50%
Star trek the vovage home 2 12.50%
Star Trek The Final Frontier 0 0%
Star Trek The Undiscovered Country 1 6.25%
Star Trek Generations 2 12.50%
Star trek First Conatct 3 18.75%
Star trek Nemisis 3 18.75%
Star trek (2009) 2 12.50%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Post New ThreadReply

Old 03/24/11, 06:50 PM   #11
PRangerX
Administrator

Default RE: Star Trek Film series

Yeah, I was going to mention the books myself. The old universe and new universes both exist. They are just parralell universes. I do miss the old universe. But Trek did need a reboot.

Personally, I would have ditched all the time travel stuff in the new movie and just went with a full remake or re-imagining ( which seems to be the hipper term these days). I would have had the characters be a big older. I'd say in their early 30s with Bones as a bit older.

I'd have Captain Kirk arrive to take Command of the Enterprise after Pike had just been hurt. With Bones accompanying him to become the ship's new doctor.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/24/11, 07:22 PM   #12
ciaranred
Ranger In Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRangerX
Yeah, I was going to mention the books myself. The old universe and new universes both exist. They are just parralell universes. I do miss the old universe. But Trek did need a reboot.

Personally, I would have ditched all the time travel stuff in the new movie and just went with a full remake or re-imagining ( which seems to be the hipper term these days). I would have had the characters be a big older. I'd say in their early 30s with Bones as a bit older.

I'd have Captain Kirk arrive to take Command of the Enterprise after Pike had just been hurt. With Bones accompanying him to become the ship's new doctor.

Hmm well the thing is Abraham needed star trek to come back with a bang and with lost dealing with time travel, i'd saw he was being influenced by it to try and connect the old with the new.

Anyway getting back to the books, they are a great place for visiting the original universe but be warned the federation is on the verge of collaspe thanks to the borgs latest attack and the universe seems to be in a delicate state.
ciaranred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/24/11, 07:28 PM   #13
Kamen Rider Decade
Mentor

I don't count books or games, especially in ST they don't feel the same.
Kamen Rider Decade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/24/11, 07:39 PM   #14
ciaranred
Ranger In Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamen Rider Decade
I don't count books or games, especially in ST they don't feel the same.
well you got me there at times, one moment i can remember is star trek Deep Space Nine seige where we have Odo operating liuke he was a superhero.
Old 03/24/11, 07:46 PM   #15
ciaranred
Ranger In Training

But seige was written by long time comicbook writer Peter david and properbly thought he was writting with Star Treks first superhero, and that does hurt the book at times which was meant to be a murder mystery not a Odo the Superhero constable.
Post New ThreadReply