Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 11/27/17, 02:06 PM   #1
MattEmily
Administrator

Default Why was Megaforce such a mess?

Why was Megaforce and Super Megaforce such a mess?
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/27/17, 02:08 PM   #2
Power Rangers Forever
Ranger In Training

Default Re: Why was Megaforce such a mess?

Because the team ups were half hearted and had no subsistence. The finale could have been awesome but came off as forced and wasted.
Power Rangers Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/27/17, 02:10 PM   #3
MattEmily
Administrator

Now I have various reasons as to why they were big messes but it was mostly due to Super Megaforce that it made Megaforce even more of a mess.

First off Gia got no focus.
Second off while I've got no issues with them using Gokaiger suits as power-ups my issue was more because of how they ended up using the ancient Gokai Changes since we saw Dairanger and pre-Zyu teams for no reason other than Tzachor wanted to be cheap and not re-shoot scenes and he felt no reason to explain things since he thought an explanation wasn't needed which was a horrible move on his part.

Third off he wasted the potential of returning actors for the Legendary Battle on top of which we didn't even see every Ranger fighting in the battle which was another issue.
Old 11/27/17, 02:11 PM   #4
Sentai Is Forever
Sentai Snob

They tried to tell their own story. The Legendary Battle should have happened in the beginning like in Super Sentai. Also Super Megaforce should have been its own cast with a different name than Megaforce.
Sentai Is Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/27/17, 02:59 PM   #5
Usagi Reborn
Power Ranger

I was disappointed that we got less Gia too. Since she was such a highlight Of Megaforce and didn't get too much focus in Super
Usagi Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/27/17, 03:02 PM   #6
Captain Codfish
Power Ranger

I thought legendary battle and Super Megaforce itself was awesome. I love team ups and Super Megaforce had a lot of them. I thought they handled them all very well anyway. I never thought we would see so many Rangers at once .
Captain Codfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/27/17, 03:13 PM   #7
Massive Ego
Power Ranger

It was a terrible season with terrible execution. The team ups were all glorified cameos and some of them worse. Legendary Battle was more like Legendary Clusterfuck.
Massive Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/27/17, 03:29 PM   #8
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentai Is Forever View Post
They tried to tell their own story. The Legendary Battle should have happened in the beginning like in Super Sentai. Also Super Megaforce should have been its own cast with a different name than Megaforce.
Telling their own story wasn't the problem and no matter where the big battle was placed at it would've been a disaster. Super Megaforce should've been its own season but they didn't want to do that since it would've been a moot point if it wasn't part of an anniversary series much like Megaforce was. Toei should've allowed them to just skip Goseiger so we would've gotten Gokaiger for 2 years but they didn't want to allow that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usagi Reborn View Post
I was disapointed that we got less Gia too. Since she was such a highlight Of Megaforce.
no doubt about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Codfish View Post
I thought legendary battle and Super Megaforce itself was awesome. I love team ups and Super Megaforce had a lot of them. I thought they handled them all very well anyway. I never thought we would see so many Rangers at once .
It wasn't even halfway to awesome not even semi-halfway to halfway to awesome. The Legendary Battle was even more of a disgrace than Shuki's idea to bring a child into the show and have him become a Ranger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Massive Ego View Post
It was a terrible season with terrible execution. The team ups were all glorified cameos and some of them worse. Legendary Battle was more like Legendary Cluster****.
that's stating the obvious and calling it (the Legendary Battle) a Cluster**** is being too kind.
Old 11/27/17, 07:02 PM   #9
Massive Ego
Power Ranger

And i should add Megaforce was bad as well, because it made all the mistakes Of Neo Saban era PR.
Massive Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/27/17, 07:03 PM   #10
Adam White Tiger
Power Ranger

I wish Adam would have come back as the mentor instead of Gosei.
Adam White Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply