Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > The Time Warp > Power Rangers Modern Archives

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 05/22/10, 05:35 PM   #11
Kamen Rider Decade
Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TokuNoob View Post
Why would anyone put themselves through that kind of pain?
Because if you are going to make a comparison have the common decency to know what the fuck you are talking about. Otherwise you prove yourself to be a useless twit and I don't respect people who are useless twits and people I don't respect get treated like the garbage they are.

Quote:
Watch the language!
I am a mod, here and I live where there is freedom of speech. If you don't like my fucking language then don't read my fucking posts you fucking useless twit.

Quote:
The Japanese and the American viewing audiences are entirely different, and what works in one country isn't going to work in another.
Correction what works in one country may not work in another country. Time Force was pretty much a copy and paste with modifications and it worked in the USA.

Quote:
Personally, I think Power Rangers would be more accepting to parents if it retained it's attitude of actually showing young people (i.e. teenagers) doing the right thing when another path seems more desirable
Oh joy fucking moral of the day garbage. Can't get anymore boring and preachy than that.
Kamen Rider Decade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/23/10, 02:24 AM   #12
TokuNoob
Power Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamen Rider Decade View Post
Because if you are going to make a comparison have the common decency to know what the fuck you are talking about. Otherwise you prove yourself to be a useless twit and I don't respect people who are useless twits and people I don't respect get treated like the garbage they are.
That was meant as a joke. Someone's quite defensive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamen Rider Decade
Freedom of speech jargon.
Again, joke. And if being a mod also justifies treating other forum-goers like crap, then congratulations. I'm not trying to pick a fight, so quit being so touchy.

Quote:
Correction what works in one country may not work in another country. Time Force was pretty much a copy and paste with modifications and it worked in the USA.
There are absolutes involved.

Quote:
Oh joy fucking moral of the day garbage. Can't get anymore boring and preachy than that.
Did I say drag it out into a Masters of the Universe PSA? No I did not. Subtlety is a writer's greatest asset. I know that. But all characters that are worth anything have faults. Major faults. Like Romeo, Juliet, Antigone, Tony Stark (that would be another one of those joke things, yet it's oddly fitting). If the hero is everyone's goody two-shoes and doesn't grow or change as the story progresses, then why should I care about them? Wait, hold up. Did I honestly just compare Power Rangers to William Shakespear? Man, I am losing it.

And, as a closing remark, if I wasn't allowed to make stupid mistakes and learn from them, I would no longer be the noob. Then, I'd have to change my screenname.

And that, Vern, is why you should trade me Park Place for Water Works. Know 'wut I mean...?

Last edited by TokuNoob; 05/23/10 at 02:48 AM.
TokuNoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/23/10, 09:47 PM   #13
PrimoPiccolo
Eternal

Send a message via AIM to PrimoPiccolo

He's testy. It's his style. Let him be.
PrimoPiccolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/23/10, 10:03 PM   #14
Kamen Rider Dragoon
Ranger In Training

*sighs* i cant speak for everyone in america but i personaly prefer the stories from japan...something about them catch my attention more and keep me watching the shows. That also includes Kamen Rider.

the only season of super sentai i realy dont like is Goseiger...dont know why just doest appeal to me
Kamen Rider Dragoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/24/10, 02:27 PM   #15
Kamen Rider Decade
Mentor

Quote:
Again, joke.
You need to improve on your comedy skills because you suck.

Quote:
And if being a mod also justifies treating other forum-goers like crap
You being a useless twit justifies that.

Quote:
I'm not trying to pick a fight, so quit being so touchy.
This ain't a fight, this is me expressing my dislike for you.

Quote:
There are absolutes involved.
There are only 2 absolutes in life, you are born & you die. Everything else is subjective. With Kamen Rider Dragoon's post it proves your "absolute" idiocy is just that idiocy.

Quote:
Did I say drag it out into a Masters of the Universe PSA? No I did not. Subtlety is a writer's greatest asset.
No matter how subtle it still have a moral of the day plot and they have no value other than trying to force feed someone elses morals down your throat. When someone tries to force their morals upon another nothing they do has any value whatsoever except their death.

Quote:
But all characters that are worth anything have faults.
Like your grammar.

Quote:
Romeo, Juliet, Antigone, Tony Stark (that would be another one of those joke things, yet it's oddly fitting).
So your idea of major faults is suicidal morons, the product of incest, and a man so weak willed he relies upon alcohol to get through life and is a traitor to his own kind. They are not heroes to be looked up to they are people to be ridiculed, mutilated, tortured, and killed.

Quote:
If the hero is everyone's goody two-shoes and doesn't grow or change as the story progresses, then why should I care about them?
Why should I care what you care about?

Quote:
Wait, hold up. Did I honestly just compare Power Rangers to William Shakespear? Man, I am losing it.
You lost it a long time ago.
Old 05/24/10, 05:48 PM   #16
TokuNoob
Power Ranger

Are you still talking? Here, watch, I'll dissect everything you say (this'll be fun! ):

Quote:
And I don't respect anyone who resorts to foul language and childish name-calling to make whatever point they think they have. Also, because I'm not the one who made the comparison, if there is a point buried somewhere in that confused mess of a rant it is of no consequence to me.

And since you're so keen on freedom of speech, here's another American ideal for you: Use a flyswatter where a flyswatter is an appropriate weapon. Not a sledgehammer.

You're the one freaking out over three word sentences. You're acting like a jerk and I have no problem calling you out on that.

Quote:
If you want similar to the Japanese version then fucking watch the Japanese version. Power Rangers is supposed to be an adaptation of Sentai not a translation of it with new actors. If you want a translation with new actors you are a sad excuse for a Power Rangers fan.
Followed by:
Quote:

Then by your own argument that makes you a sad excuse for a Power Rangers fan (personally, I find it emmensely amusing you even bother making a distinction). If it may work, then why did you freak out on Ignis for asking for a show more akin to the sentai?
Quote:

This ain't a fight, this is me expressing my dislike for you.
Thanks for letting me know I got your goat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamen rider Decade
No matter how subtle it still have a moral of the day plot and they have no value other than trying to force feed someone elses morals down your throat. When someone tries to force their morals upon another nothing they do has any value whatsoever except their death.
Okay, I'm going to explain this again. This time through example. So let's take an analytical view at Earthsea. Shall we?

Ged is a young blacksmith who wants to be a sorceror. Eventually, Ged manages to land a place in a school for sorcerory, makes several friends and one irritating rival. So Ged, in an act of anger and pride, casts a spell he shouldn't, inadvertantly unleashing a gibbish, a nightmarish spectre which posseses the living and feeds on their essence. Now that it's loose, the gibbish wants nothing more to do then find the all-powerful wizard who summoned him, consume him, and take his power. Ged sets out to destroy the gibbish, but in his mission he is sidetracked on a quest to mend the Amulet of Peace.

So, had Ged never conjured the gibbish, he never would've mended the amulet, and never would've ended the reign of a dictator. So Earthsea is about coming to terms with yourself, correcting your own mistakes, and doing one better than that. It's good storytelling with a good message which is still hugely entertaining. That's why Earthsea is a great piece of literature, which became an excellent movie, and Power Rangers is a crappy show designed to hawk Bandai's Sentai toys to American kids. This is what I'm talking about, not moral of the day.

Quote:
You need to improve on your comedy skills because you suck.

You being a useless twit justifies that.
You can tell the soap-opera crack is a joke because soaps don't cause physical pain (just the therapy thereafter).

And since I'm such a twit, here's an old proverb I'd like to share. It goes something like:

Never argue with a fool.
They'll drag you down to their level,
then beat you with experience.

If I'm the fool in this, I have the advantage. So thanks. Thank you very much.
Quote:
They are not heroes to be looked up to they are people to be ridiculed, mutilated, tortured, and killed.
Hercules murdered his own family, Beowulf can be viewed as being as much a monster as anything he fought, and Jessie James is considered by many to have been a hero. People's view as to what a hero is have always been a bit skewed. If you don't like it, take it up with a higher power.

P.S., thanks for trying to force feed me your morals.

Last edited by TokuNoob; 05/24/10 at 06:08 PM.
TokuNoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/25/10, 01:24 PM   #17
Kamen Rider Decade
Mentor

Quote:
And I don't respect anyone who resorts to foul language and childish name-calling to make whatever point they think they have.
Yet I am the one who can remove your posts, ban you, etc whenever I feel like it.

Quote:
Also, because I'm not the one who made the comparison, if there is a point buried somewhere in that confused mess of a rant it is of no consequence to me.
Yes there is, you are a twit and useless, thus the lowest form of scum humanity has ever produced, Hitler ranks higher than you.

Quote:
And since you're so keen on freedom of speech, here's another American ideal for you: Use a flyswatter where a flyswatter is an appropriate weapon. Not a sledgehammer.
Here is another idea for don't bring a knife to a gun fight.

Quote:
You're the one freaking out over three word sentences.
You don't know me well enough, nor will you or anyone on the internet know me well enough to gauge my emotional or lack of emtional response to anything.

Quote:
You're acting like a jerk and I have no problem calling you out on that.
I am no jerk, I am grade A asshole.

Quote:
Then by your own argument that makes you a sad excuse for a Power Rangers fan (personally, I find it emmensely amusing you even bother making a distinction). If it may work, then why did you freak out on Ignis for asking for a show more akin to the sentai?
Just because something may work doesn't mean you should do it. It may work that stabbing someone in the eye will stop them from killing you but you shouldn't do it, you should what you know will work stabbing him in the heart. If you try what may work it will more than likely fuck you over in the end. Disney & Saban both tried that and they were utter failures.

Quote:
Thanks for letting me know I got your goat.
I sold my goat for $59 dollars, unless you are blind goat humping black man with amputated left arm you don't have my goat and never will get it. Besides even if I still had my goat I wouldn't sell to a freak who would let the goat hump him.

Quote:
Okay, I'm going to explain this again. This time through example. So let's take an analytical view at Earthsea. Shall we?
Why should I care about Earthsea? After a very brief scan of your swill analyse (by very brief what I saw as highlighted to delete it), just another Harry Potter rip off. If you like that kind of garbage watch the original not a rip off.

Quote:
Never argue with a fool.
They'll drag you down to their level,
then beat you with experience.
A fool couldn't beat me with experiene because I would crush his skull in with the sledgehammer after shooting out both kneecaps and plucking his eyes out with rusty spoon.

Quote:
If I'm the fool in this, I have the advantage. So thanks. Thank you very much.
A fool never has the advantage, that is why they are the fool and why fools are the first to die. Besides you are not a fool you are a twit, much worse. A fool could beat you to death from his level with no eyes, no legs, and no arms.

Quote:
Hercules murdered his own family
Good for him. They were evil they didn't deserve to live.

Quote:
Beowulf can be viewed as being as much a monster as anything he fought
At least he was honest.

Quote:
Jessie James is considered by many to have been a hero.
So is Robin Hood, still nothing more than common criminals who should be executed.

Quote:
People's view as to what a hero is have always been a bit skewed.
People with that skewed view of reality also watch "Reality" TV, they don't deserve the air they get for free.

Quote:
If you don't like it, take it up with a higher power.
Like "God"? If you believe in that, I have some oceanside property to sell you in West Virginia. Stop depending on crutches and stand on your own two feet, if that is impossible for you then you should at least have the decency to stop being a blight on society.

Quote:
P.S., thanks for trying to force feed me your morals.
You are very welcome, thanks for proving you have no clue about anything that comes out of your brain.
Old 05/25/10, 03:00 PM   #18
PrimoPiccolo
Eternal

Send a message via AIM to PrimoPiccolo

Quote:
I am the one who can remove your posts, ban you, etc whenever I feel like it.
And should you ever do such a thing for asinine reasoning like that, you lose the privilege.

Now, both of you drop it.
PrimoPiccolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/12/14, 09:57 PM   #19
MattEmily
Administrator

Default Re: "...and the Power Rangers are back! This is awesome!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignis View Post
I just hope they keep it soap-opera-like, like Disney had it.
Don't know when Disney ever had it soap opera-like. I've seen every season and every episode and not of Disney's seasons were any remotely close to being a soap opera.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamen Rider Dragoon View Post
I just hope they keep it somewhat similar to the orignal japanese version this time. I would love to see that...at least keep the villains the same cause that would make sense in my opinion
I never want to see a season that's close to Sentai especially since most Power Rangers producers will just produce a bad version of it and that's not Power Rangers is anyway. It should be an adaptation of Sentai, not a translation of it.

Quote:
The vast majority of the Disney Rangers were not attractive, not to mention incapable of faking a decent American Accent, thus their status as actors is questionable.

As for the "romance" it was non-existent, they flirted with the idea of it but there was no actual romance.

The only thing you got right was action.
I disagree that the Disney Rangers were not attractive. Alyson Kiperman, Jessica Rey, Sally Martin, Emma Lahana, Alycia Purrott, Monica May, Melanie Vellajo, Caitlin Murphy, Anna Hutchison and Rose McIver were all attractive.

I don't judge on the actors' abilities of their ability as an actor because I really don't notice it most of the time and the same goes for their accent slippage.

I agree in regards to the romance but then again it was no worse than all of the other Saban romances that wasn't Tommy and Kimberly.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply