Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 11/08/16, 04:27 PM   #11
Sentai Is Forever
Sentai Snob

Default Re: The Rangers Rock Episode Discussion

I would have rather them just stick with the Ssntai villains.
Sentai Is Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/08/16, 10:37 PM   #12
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledge's Bounty View Post
Another enjoyable episode. I can't believe the season is almost over.
yea no kidding just 2 more episodes plus the Christmas special.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbozzo View Post
'The Rangers Rock' is a good episode. In it, Sledge send a monster who can turn people into stone against the rangers. Shelby has to create a new zord to help defeat this monster. After freeing the rangers, they get a new Megazord to help this monster the monster get destroyed, but Sledge is on the loose and is planning to destroy our planet. I can't wait to see what happen next.
that was nice with learning how Zenowing created the zords.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Codfish View Post
This episode really showed that Sledge is a big threat.
now he is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Massive Ego View Post
I'm sick of seeing the Rangers get new Megazord combinations. It gets worse every year.
No it doesn't.

MMPR = Megazord, Dragonzord Battle Mode, Megadragonzord. (3)
2 = Megazord, Tigerzord, Megatigerzord (3)
3 = Ninja Megazord, Shogun Megazord, 2 Megafalconzords (4)
Zeo = Zeo Megazord, Super Zeo Megazord, Zeo Megabattlezord (3)
Turbo = 4 Megazords
Space = Astro Megazord, Delta Megazord, Mega Voyager, Astro-Delta Megazord, Winged Mega Winger and technically the Mega Winger. (5-6)
Galaxy = Megazord, Megazord with the Lights, Torozord, Stratoforce and Centaurus (5)
Lightspeed = Megazord, Solarzord, Supertrain, Lightspeed Solarzord, Omega, Lifeforce (6)
Time Force = Megazord Mode Blue, Megazord Mode Red, Megazord Jet Mode, 2 Shadow Force Modes, Time Shadow, Trans-Warp, Q-Rex (8)
Wild Force = 20
Ninja Storm = Storm Megazord, Thunder Megazord, Samurai Star, Thunderstorm, Hurricane (5)
Dino Thunder = 14
SPD = Delta Squad, Delta Command, Omegamax, Deltamax, S.W.A.T. (5)
Mystic Force = Titan, Centaurus Wolf Megzord, Centaurus Phoenix Megazord, Solar Streak, Unizord, Manticore (6)
Overdrive = about 18
Jungle Fury = 12
RPM = 12 plus if you count the Road Attackzord then it'd be 13.
Samurai = about 16
Megaforce = 9
Super Megaforce = 10
Dino Charge = 23

Also they have no control over the zords either way since they just use the footage. Blame Toei for whatever your issues are with the zords.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titanium321 View Post
You know, Sledge has a good point. Why didn't anyone try to fix the ship? Wrench, this one's on you man.

I really like the body language of Sledge, he was always a great costumed character selling his hulking brute nature. But the flashback with the jetpack not working right the first time, was amazing.
Hey, an explanation for what Tyler's dad's been doing. He's out looking for the bad guy's ship. That works, it seems to be his only useful trait to go looking for things. I had been wondering why they never tried to find the ship before.

Xenowing doesn't get much screen time, but when he does, he exposits the hell out of a scene.
Wow, they went straight to escalation and are willing to send all the zords in to destroy Sledge's ship and the monsters. When given the chance, these guys are way more competent and willing to go on the offensive than most teams have been. The formula usually holds them back and keeps the rangers playing eternal defense. It's not even that much work, but the creativity here shows how much better the writing in Dino Charge is even when it has wackiness filler, they still think out every detail even if it means having to cut out neat ideas like a zord assault on the bad guys for a sneakier, easier to film plan. As a kid I would have asked why not bring all the zords down on the bad guys like that first plan, and would have loved to hear a real reason beyond "no footage" not to do it like we got here.
Full team unmorphed assault on the bad guys base is pretty cool.
I guess D wasn't just a red herring costume after all. Awesome.
Did he say "Kyoryuger" galaxy?
Heckyl's not quite good, still a little tainted by Snide, I really enjoy that it wasn't an immediate reversal.
Keeper in the Megazord is cool but always makes me wonder where he's been most of the series. Like, the following fight, at least some kind of excuse for hiding from the sentai footage.
Does this mean all the Dinosaurs were the warrior spirits when they had the energems and Xenowing made zords out of them? Or did he arrogantly just use his own warrior spirit each time?
Yes he does have a good point about fixing the ship but Wrench has never been a good repairman.
Yea that was definitely cool with them giving an excuse for why James hasn't been around.
yea it's nice when Zenowing gets his exposition scenes also yes that was cool with the Rangers coming up with a plan and someone suggesting to use the zords to attack the ship but Shelby coming up with a better plan. Now I know that was done because it was the cheaper option to film but just because there was no footage to use for the zords it doesn't mean they couldn't do it the only reason they didn't is because it'd be too much original zord footage to film since they'd be using all of the zords which means all 10 zords.
Yes that was cool with them running to the ship unmorphed that was definitely nice to see that they were planning on going through their sneak attack by having an unmorphed sneak attack.
Why would D be a redherring costume anyway? All of the Kyoryuger monsters we've seen in the cells we have seen as a monster and yes he did say the Kyoryuger Galaxy.
I don't know if Heckyl was truly tainted by Snide or not but either way that was cool that he wasn't being completely good when he went to go deal with Badussa.
yea Keeper in the cockpit was cool but why bother with giving excuses for why he's not fighting? They don't always give excuses for why Rangers aren't there so why should they with him?
I would assume Zenowing would've used his warrior spirit for the zord creation process since no one else would've been by him and he would've needed 9 others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledge's Bounty View Post
I agree Sledge has been an amazing villain.
I disagree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Fan Forever View Post
I didn't like him at first but he has really grown on me.
I was never a huge fan of him. Yes he's showing that he is a threat but that doesn't really matter much to me since it was never a threat before. I feel him being a threat now is just a case of it being "too little too late."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentai Is Forever View Post
I would have rather them just stick with the Ssntai villains.
not me. I prefer having original villains so that it's not a copy-and-paste job. I don't want creators of Power Rangers being lazy. It's called Power Rangers for a reason. Power Rangers is NOT Sentai.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/08/16, 11:32 PM   #13
Massive Ego
Power Ranger

I could live with all the zords if the writing wasn't so bad.
Massive Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/08/16, 11:36 PM   #14
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Massive Ego View Post
I could live with all the zords if the writing wasn't so bad.
the writing isn't that bad at all. The writing in Dino Charge has been good it's not always perfect and we'll always have fillers but Chip has been great. The crap from Samurai and Megaforce is what was horrible.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply