Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > The Time Warp > Power Rangers Modern Archives

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 01/23/11, 02:53 PM   #11
PRangerX
Administrator

Default Re: Is the first Power Rangers Movie Canon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamen Rider Decade View Post
The second generation putties were far more dangerous than the first generation but they still fought them unassisted.

The Tengas may have been more dangerous than the putties, but that is no excuse to fight someting organic assisted when the very next season they fought machines unassisted. Punching and kicking metal hurts your body a lot more than punching a stupid bird.

They turned the Rangers into sissies to sell the ninja costumed figures.
The second gen putties we're more dangerous then the first. But the Z was there big weakness. Since the Rangers only had to hit the Z to destory them.

I remember the Zeo Rangers having to morph to fight the cogs. Turbo is where they went back to unmorphed fighting.

The Ninja Costumes weren't just there to sell product. I think it was part of a plan to dumb down the fights and make them less violent. Since that was an issue at the time.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/21/11, 03:08 AM   #12
MMPRGreen
Comic Relief

I always wanted to see the Putties and Tengas used in the same season, like they beat the putties from finster, now send down the super putties, now send down zedds putties, now send down the tengas, now send down the monster, or send down the tengas with putties, maybe if Zedd and Rita really stayed on for Turbo we would have got them mixed.
MMPRGreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/20/18, 06:13 PM   #13
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Ranger View Post
It's interesting to think about. Is the movie considered a part of the storyline when compared to the rest of the show? I don't know if they ever go back to most of the events that happen in the movie again. Now the Turbo movie had to be cannon. What are your thoughts?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PRangerX View Post
The first movie was never intended to be in continuity with the series. Twentieth Century Fox owns the rights to the film. So no character created for it could carry on to the series. The second movie was fully owned by Saban Entertainment and didn't have that problem.
precisely although somehow they ended up using more or less the same Tenga creatures.

not to mention while the movie is in fact canon it's not in continuity with the show due to numerous issues. Zordon was never in the tube in the base in the show, the Rangers having different suits, Tommy calling for Saba instead of Saba being holstered, no Finster and of course no Squatt or Baboo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Ranger View Post
In seasons 1 and 2 of Power Rangers, they used putties as the main, lesser servants of the villains. In season 3, they are no longer used, but Tengas are instead. Why did they change minions? What happened to the putties?
Quote:
They never really explained why they stopped using the putties. Most likely Rito given them the Tengas is the reason. They we're more effective. Look at how the Rangers needed to use their Ninja Powers rather then fight them unmorphed like putties.
Quote:
I wouldn't say that. In "Ninja Encounter" it seemed like the Tengas we're far more dangerous then the putties.
exactly. Z-Putties had a weakness but were more powerful than the original Putties while the Tengas were more powerful than the Putties and Z-Putties.

Quote:
The second gen putties we're more dangerous then the first. But the Z was there big weakness. Since the Rangers only had to hit the Z to destory them.

I remember the Zeo Rangers having to morph to fight the cogs. Turbo is where they went back to unmorphed fighting.

The Ninja Costumes weren't just there to sell product. I think it was part of a plan to dumb down the fights and make them less violent. Since that was an issue at the time.
exactly. The Ninja Ranger powers were there to lessen not only the violence but also the workload for the hero actors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMPRGreen View Post
I always wanted to see the Putties and Tengas used in the same season, like they beat the putties from finster, now send down the super putties, now send down zedds putties, now send down the tengas, now send down the monster, or send down the tengas with putties, maybe if Zedd and Rita really stayed on for Turbo we would have got them mixed.
same here but the Putty suits probably didn't last very long.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply