Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 05/11/15, 05:23 PM   #1
lordoftherangers
Putty Patroller

Default Will the MMPR/DT/DC team up happen?

Oh how I wish I could say I think it's gonna be adapted but we all know that the reason the originals can't come back is because of union reasons and even if that wasn't a factor I don't know how easy it'll be to get David and AJ back. I guess they could always have Katherine Sutherland take Amy Jo's place. Correct me if I'm wrong but the DragonRanger or AbareBlack aren't in the sentai footage so I guess Tommy won't be in it unless they decide to make original footage. As for the DT cast I hear James Napier has retired from acting. If they can't go all out I hope they can at least do the ADR for their characters if it even happens at all. Fingers crossed. Man, what I'd give to see the fight with all 3 teams kicking butt while all 3 theme songs are blasting.
lordoftherangers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/11/15, 07:50 PM   #2
MattEmily
Administrator

Default Re: Will the MMPR/DT/DC team up happen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordoftherangers View Post
Oh how I wish I could say I think it's gonna be adapted but we all know that the reason the originals can't come back is because of union reasons and even if that wasn't a factor I don't know how easy it'll be to get David and AJ back. I guess they could always have Katherine Sutherland take Amy Jo's place. Correct me if I'm wrong but the DragonRanger or AbareBlack aren't in the sentai footage so I guess Tommy won't be in it unless they decide to make original footage. As for the DT cast I hear James Napier has retired from acting. If they can't go all out I hope they can at least do the ADR for their characters if it even happens at all. Fingers crossed. Man, what I'd give to see the fight with all 3 teams kicking butt while all 3 theme songs are blasting.
Union reasons aren't necessarily the whole factor into it since most of the actors that returned for the Legendary Battle are in fact union. There's some loophole that the actors took advantage of that allowed them to participate in the battle something that some actors such as Erin Cahill either don't know about or they choose to not participate in it for reasons only known to them and their management.

It's always possible for them to get David and Amy Jo and if Amy Jo doesn't want to do it for whatever reason then they can always use Catherine in her place.

You're right DragonRanger and AbareBlack are not in the footage but neither is AbareKiller but it's entirely possible that they would shoot new footage to include them after all there was once a time where the teamups were all original footage with the exception of Sentai stock shots.

I don't know about James being retired from acting but being retired from acting doesn't mean much in the grand scheme of things since he could always return just for the fans.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/11/15, 11:34 PM   #3
Itzy Bitzy Carter
Power Ranger

Danny Slavin did return to play Leo in "Forever Red" even though he had moved on from acting years prior.
Itzy Bitzy Carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/17/15, 02:44 PM   #4
VR Master
Power Ranger

I think it will. But will end up with the old Rangers morphed and with different VAs for ADR.
VR Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/23/15, 12:40 AM   #5
Phantom Stranger
Ranger In Training

I think we will definitively see something. Even if it has to be with suits only.
Phantom Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/01/15, 10:48 AM   #6
Delta Max
Comic Relief

I don't see it happening. We rarely get a full teamup with the previous team nowadays just because it;s in Sentai doesn't mean PR will use it especially with DC.
Delta Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/01/15, 12:49 PM   #7
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta Max View Post
I don't see it happening. We rarely get a full teamup with the previous team nowadays just because it;s in Sentai doesn't mean PR will use it especially with DC.
2 seasons under Saban isn't enough to dictate whether the regular teamup trend has been axed or not.

With Samurai they chose to just include Ranger Red in "Clash of the Red Rangers" likely because it was just too complicated to get all of the necessary Ranger Series actors back in the country and on top of that some of them may have chose not to return since some of them could in fact be union now like for example Rose McIver has been working on a lot of union-likely shows lately so more than likely she's in the union.

Megaforce was going to have the Legendary Battle so of course they weren't going to have them teamup with Samurai with just the 2 teams on their own.
Old 06/01/15, 05:21 PM   #8
Mr. CD
Ranger In Training

I don't think it's happening. Filming has ended and nothing in any of the cast members' tweets or BTS pics have hinted at it's existence. And I'm honestly ok with that, I never felt like Kyoryuger vs. Go-Busters should be adapted just because the footage for it is there.
Mr. CD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/01/15, 05:31 PM   #9
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. CD View Post
I don't think it's happening. Filming has ended and nothing in any of the cast members' tweets or BTS pics have hinted at it's existence. And I'm honestly ok with that, I never felt like Kyoryuger vs. Go-Busters should be adapted just because the footage for it is there.
keep in mind that they're better with hiding things... look at Aqua Ranger for example we have NO clue what's going on with him/her yet we have a general idea with pretty much every other Ranger.
Old 06/01/15, 08:22 PM   #10
Green Scorpion Ranger
Comic Relief

Damn, I was gonna say that I thought it would happen but based on what CD says about production, it's not happening. I don't see them bringing everyone back for a new shoot. That wouldn't be cost effective.
Green Scorpion Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply