Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > The Time Warp > Power Rangers Modern Archives

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 07/17/05, 09:35 PM   #1
PRangerX
Administrator

There has been a lot of talk about the Omega Ranger being a ball of light because of the lack of funds avialable for another regular. Assuming this is true, I feel that this could have been avioded easily. I mean look at all the extra characters we have that are unneccessary. Obviously Cruger and the Rangers were all needed, with Manx. But do we honestly need Boom? He isn't even in half the episodes, at least not in center stage. So if you wanted to save money you could have cut him. On the Villain's side, I actually thunk you could have just went with Broodwing as the lead villain. But I suppose Gruum and Morgana ( lets not forget getting rid of Morgana would have saved the salaries of two actors ) do make things more interesting, so lets only drop one of the two. As for Piggy, well I think you can put him in the Boom catagory. He really isn't needed and doesn't appear in a lot of episodes. He should be cut before you even think about Gruumm or Morgana. So there you have it, two characters who could have been diffinitly cut along with one possible ( assuming you get rid of Gruumm or Morgana). I realize the actors who portray the more important characters are probably paid more ( thus making an Omega actor, more expensive) but I think cutting the above would still have saved a considerable amount of money. And if that still wasn't enough, both Gruumm and Morgana could have been cut out. Than maybe you could have had an adult Sam actually be played a real actor, instead of a vo artist. Now I know they might not of known about Omega's counterpart in Deka early enough, so maybe this isn't fair. I just feel that they could have saved themselves trouble if they didn't add as many useless side characters.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/17/05, 09:56 PM   #2
Kamen Rider Decade
Mentor

Boom & Piggy were definatley waste of time, money, brain power, etc. Shoot the fool who decided they were needed, as for shoot to kill that is up the guy/gal with the gun.

Broodwing or Grumm not both.

Mora or Morgana, stick with the one who has tits and wouldn't need a teacher on staff (or does the child pay for that?)

And I am in favor of Sam=Energy ball, he obviously likes it with the lack of bitching when about it. Plus it saves us from another ugly actor. The only decent looking ones we got since Disney's production company taking over is Tommy and Kira. The rest were either to plain or way ugly. *cough*NS*cough*
Kamen Rider Decade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/18/05, 01:45 AM   #3
Ryu Dairenjaa
Power Ranger

Speacking abput NS and omega, that motorcycle guy in "all about beevil" is the voice actor for omega, and boom is pointless, one episode would be funny but not a whole series, piggy is just, uhhm, how do i say it?, *barfs* thats about right
Ryu Dairenjaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/18/05, 11:44 AM   #4
Kamen Rider Decade
Mentor

This is from Ray Calderon the only guy who can make PRC decent apparently, in reference to what Ray knows from Bruce about Omega not having a human body on display.
Quote:
Yeah, and he and Greg are kind of annoyed at the backlash, considering they did what they could with the budget given. Look at it this way - we KNOW that hiring an actor was not an option. So it was bound to be only a guy in a suit. They rolled with it and were creative with it. A cop out would have been going the Phantom Ranger route and just making it someone who's identity we would NEVER know. I don't think anyone wants to go through that again.

The idea of an alien was tossed around (as we saw in the original press release), but I gotta say, I give them props for making it Sam. How often in PR are throwaway characters brought back like this? It definitely surprised me. If you guys are going to give Bruce a hard time over inter-series continuity, at least give him props for the intra-series continuity.
Instead of going the Phantom Ranger route he went the Blue Senturian route. Warrior from the future with a message who stays and helps out, fights in a giant robot. At least it is a "human" this time instead of a 'Robocop'.

Yes I know Robocop started out human, doesn't matter still a robot.
Kamen Rider Decade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/18/05, 05:34 PM   #5
Ryu Dairenjaa
Power Ranger

At least we know who omega is
Ryu Dairenjaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/18/05, 11:59 PM   #6
Smokin Ranger
Ranger In Training

Quote:
Originally posted by Cheetamus Primal@Jul 18 2005, 01:56 AM
Boom & Piggy were definatley waste of time, money, brain power, etc. Shoot the fool who decided they were needed, as for shoot to kill that is up the guy/gal with the gun.

Broodwing or Grumm not both.

Mora or Morgana, stick with the one who has tits and wouldn't need a teacher on staff (or does the child pay for that?)

And I am in favor of Sam=Energy ball, he obviously likes it with the lack of bitching when about it. Plus it saves us from another ugly actor. The only decent looking ones we got since Disney's production company taking over is Tommy and Kira. The rest were either to plain or way ugly. *cough*NS*cough*
I think primal said it best
Smokin Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/19/05, 12:56 AM   #7
harold17
Ranger In Training

Quote:
Soooo agreed lol!

Quote:
Plus it saves us from another ugly actor. The only decent looking ones we got since Disney's production company taking over is Tommy and Kira. The rest were either to plain or way ugly. *cough*NS*cough*
Hahahahaha c'mon, Tori wasn't the ultimate hottie but she was really cute, specially in her ninja dress ^^. And even if I'm not gay, I do know when a guy is ugly or not, and I can safely say that at least Hunter was a fine-looking man, as well as Trent. But hey, it's cool that disney won't hire exclusively pretty people to play the rangers. I particularly hate shows where everyone is like the dreamiest guy/hottest girl ever, we all know that in real life there is pretty people as well as ugly people mixed everywhere.
harold17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/17/05, 12:56 PM   #8
Darthvegeta800
Putty Patroller

Send a message via MSN to Darthvegeta800

The man has a SERIOUS point.
Besides beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
Old 08/18/05, 09:09 AM   #9
Darthvegeta800
Putty Patroller

Send a message via MSN to Darthvegeta800

On a second note. PR tends to do that always. Have useless chars i mean. (points at original topic)
Squatt and Baboo for one... no use what so ever. They were typical 'filler'.
Old 08/22/05, 11:57 PM   #10
Silver Shadow
Putty Patroller

:( I didn't know the reason Sam couldn't demorph was because they couldn't pay the actor. To me that's really sad. The show would have been much more special if we could have seen what Sam looked like as an adult. However, I do agree Greg and Ray deserves some credit for making sure Omega was a character people watching could care about anyway. The only reason Piggy is there I think is simply from inertia. Most PR seasons have a secondary character who runs some kind of business, starting with Ernie's clear back in MMPR. Plus, it does give Delta Squad a source of underground info.

As far as which villian could have been cut, I'm not sure. Bloodwing is only semi regular in SPD, so he doesn't seem critical to the plot. While making the SPD rangers' main enemy an eight year old girl who later evolves into an adult would have been creepy as anything, I like Grumm and Mora/Morgana because of the bizzare relationship between them. I'm dying to know what's behind it.

On a minor note, while I have no problem with people who think Morgana's hot, Cheetamus Primal, was it really nescesary to put it so crudely? You make it sound like the only casting requirement for her character was her bust size. I know if I was the actress who played Morgana and I came across your comment, I'd be very upset.

Silver Shadow
Silver Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply