Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 03/10/15, 01:40 PM   #1
Usagi Reborn
Power Ranger

Default Does the backstory to Samurai ruin the PRU timeline?

It doesn't make sense that there was so many Rangers before the Samurais we see. This Ranger team goes back generations. In other similar situations we had Ranger teams powers decsended from worriers from long ago that weren't Rangers. Which leads me to believe that these teams had their powers connected to the grid later.
Usagi Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/10/15, 01:43 PM   #2
Sentai Is Forever
Sentai Snob

Default Re: Does the backstory to Samurai ruin the PRU timeline?

Thats what happens in Sentai. Sentai dectates what Power Rangers does. And it controls its continuity in that sense. When PR tries to do things on its own it falls off the tracks most of the time. Which is why I am concerned with Dino Charge. The Ancient Samurais had to be former Rangers.
Sentai Is Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/10/15, 01:50 PM   #3
Kimmy Repulsa
Ranger In Training

I never really thought about it too much. It doesn't bother me. Since there is nothing that says there couldn't be ancient Rangers that would mess up the PRU.
Kimmy Repulsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/10/15, 01:52 PM   #4
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usagi Reborn View Post
It doesn't make sense that there was so.l many Rangers before the Samurais we see. This Ranger team goes back generations. In other similar situations we had Ranger teams powers decsended from worriers from long ago that weren't Rangers. Which leads me to believe that these teams had their powers connected to the grid later.
of course it makes sense even with Sentai dictating a lot of the footage that we see it's still possible for so many of the Samurai Rangers to exist before Jayden, Emily, etc. came into their Samurai powers.

Zordon wasn't a fan of telling people anything unless he absolutely needed to. Every time his team were having issues he told them how to take care of an issue or he gave them a new power when their current powers weren't strong enough so it's entirely possible the Samurai Rangers were around while the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers were active their activities just weren't each other's concern since they had more pressing matters of their own.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/10/15, 02:01 PM   #5
Massive Ego
Power Ranger

Zordon had a bigger ego than I do.
Massive Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/10/15, 02:02 PM   #6
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentai Is Forever View Post
Thats what happens in Sentai. Sentai dectates what Power Rangers does. And it controls its continuity in that sense. When PR tries to do things on its own it falls off the tracks most of the time. Which is why I am concerned with Dino Charge. The Ancient Samurais had to be former Rangers.
yes that is what happened in Sentai but Tzachor didn't need to rip everything from Sentai... and Sentai does not dictate everything Power Rangers does.

Where was the White Ranger with the Zyuranger in Dairanger? Exactly my point.
Where were the 5 Shark Cycles at in Kakuranger? Exactly my point.
Where was Lord Zedd at in Sentai? Exactly my point.
Where was the Command Center/Power Chamber at in Sentai?
Where were the Battlizers in Sentai? Only in Magiranger vs Dekaranger since Toei had borrowed the Power Rangers Sonic Mode Battlizer suit they didn't exist at all in Sentai before then or even after that.
Where were the Mega Battles? Exactly my point.
Where were the Astro Cycles and Jet Jammers at in Sentai?
How about the Green, Pink, Blue and Yellow Lightspeed Cycles?
Where was Titanium Ranger at?
What about the Vector Cycles, TF Eagle and Strata Cycle?
How about the White, Black, Blue, Yellow and Red Savage Cycles? What about the Wild Force Rider?
What about the Wind Rangers' Tsunami Cycles, Hunter's Ninja Glider Cycle and Cam's Dragonforce Vehicle?
What about Jack and Bridge's Patrol Cycles?
What about Trent, Tommy and Cruger's ATVs?
How come we didn't see Sprocket and Gasket together at all in Ohranger? Where was that?
Where was Maligore and Dark Specter? Scorpius? Ransik? Master Org? Lothor? Mesogog? Gruumm?

Also keep in mind that a lot of the stories are different.
Time Force, Wild Force, S.P.D and Mystic Force are the only ones prior to Samurai that can lay claim to the fact that they were the closest to their Sentai counterparts.
Old 03/10/15, 02:18 PM   #7
Sentai Snob
Sentai Snob.

I think he is saying that all those differences were not good and that PR is always better when it follows Sentai. Those last four seasons you mentioned were some of the stronger seasons for following Sentai.
Sentai Snob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/10/15, 02:34 PM   #8
Phantom Stranger
Ranger In Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentai Snob View Post
I think he is saying that all those differences were not good and that PR is always better when it follows Sentai. Those last four seasons you mentioned were some of the stronger seasons for following Sentai.
I find it hard to believe that all those original plots made PR bad. Its a little single to say PR should always follow sentai. You're just as stubborn as the people who say PR should never copy sentai I don't think its as black and white as people like to say it is.
Phantom Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/10/15, 03:37 PM   #9
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Massive Ego View Post
Zordon had.a bigger ego than I do.
no he didn't. you are the one with the biggest ego in the entire universe.
Old 03/10/15, 03:40 PM   #10
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentai Snob View Post
regardless of what he's saying it's a bad approach. Power Rangers is Power Rangers, Sentai is Sentai, Power Rangers should never be Sentai just as much as Sentai should never be Power Rangers.

Time Force was an awesome season but it doesn't change my opinion that it's being lazy when it's nothing more than a Sentai season with very little original content.

Wild Force was a good season with some awesome plots (but a bad actor or 2 or 3) but again it still doesn't change my view point that Power Rangers should not follow what Sentai does.

S.P.D. however was horrible. Broodwing was pretty much the only good point.
Mystic Force wasn't the best and the season was hurt because of its over reliance on focusing on Nick.
Post New ThreadReply