Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 08/28/03, 03:40 PM   #11
grnrngr
Putty Patroller

Default Re: stupid questions about zeo and green rangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minion View Post
by that i meant the standard "the rangers are green because that's what they are in sentai". i haven't seen any sentai either, but if you want to know the basics(and probably more intricate details of sentai as well) i'd reccomend http://supersentai.com. that site taught me everythikng i know about sentai.
Wow, then you must not know much about sentai.
grnrngr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/28/03, 03:40 PM   #12
Titanium321
Ranger In Training

Send a message via ICQ to Titanium321

Quote:
yeah, but why are there more green rangers than black?
Because there was a green ranger first. Green's just better to use on film.

Quote:
yeah, so what. maybe i should have called the thread questions and comments. would that have made you happy?
Yes.
Titanium321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/28/03, 03:40 PM   #13
Minion
Putty Patroller

Quote:
Originally Posted by grnrngr View Post
Wow, then you must not know much about sentai.
not much at all, but i don't really care.
Minion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/28/03, 03:40 PM   #14
DarkTerror
Putty Patroller

Yeah after the Zeo thing sure made it look like it was Billy. I thought it was sick becaue I thought of the gold ranger even cooler than Tommy. And well lets face it. Billy isnt cool.

My second guess was that boy from power rangers the movie.
Dont ask how or why. I just thought he may have had connection to it.
DarkTerror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/28/03, 03:40 PM   #15
Sunfire Ranger
Putty Patroller

Quote:
1. Did anyone else think that Tommy would be the Green Zeo Ranger when they saw the first ad? I know i did, and I figured adam was a goner.

2. Speaking of Green Rangers, why are there so many? It started out with black over here, why did it switch to green for most of the time (other than the obvious sentai explanation)?

3. In the Power Of Gold ep, they REALLY set it up for Billy to look like the Gold Ranger. At the end, it even seemed like they knew it was him (although it wasn't) and were teasing him about it.
When I saw the first Zeo ad, I thought Rocky was Red, Billy was Blue, and Tommy was green. I also, thought Adam was a goner.
Sunfire Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/28/03, 03:40 PM   #16
RyoSanada
Putty Patroller

What's wrong with supersentai.com? I think its a nice site actually. I go there all the time. It may not tell you everything, but it tells you enough.
RyoSanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/28/03, 03:40 PM   #17
Lord Zorinthrox
Putty Patroller

Quote:
1. Did anyone else think that Tommy would be the Green Zeo Ranger when they saw the first ad? I know i did, and I figured adam was a goner.
Him, don't remember. I. the child I was, took the show the way they dished it out to me. I probably assumed that for a while.

Quote:
2. Speaking of Green Rangers, why are there so many? It started out with black over here, why did it switch to green for most of the time (other than the obvious sentai explanation)?
I'd say that the Black/Green position changes for asthetics, in sentai that is which reflects on Power Rangers. If the Green Galaxy Ranger's color was black, then to colorscheme wouldn't work. The "Condor Zord"(Yeah. Right. I hate it when they change the zord name for no obvious reason.) would look terribl in black. Same for Dairanger/MMPR:S2, the lion zord wouldn't look right in black and the color scheme wouldn't work for the Dairanger suits. So, there's an answer.

Quote:
3. In the Power Of Gold ep, they REALLY set it up for Billy to look like the Gold Ranger. At the end, it even seemed like they knew it was him (although it wasn't) and were teasing him about it.
Well, they probably meant for that exact thing to happen, but David Yost chickened out and instead of Pwer Ranger Stardom as the Gold ranger, he quit. So, they probably rewrote it so Jason would come back and tack his place as the Gold Ranger.
Lord Zorinthrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/02/18, 08:24 PM   #18
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:

1. never paid much attention to the colors.

2. True it started out with Black but it's probably a case of the suits. Let's see how many Green Rangers and Black Rangers we have shall we?
  1. Green MMPR
  2. Green Zeo Ranger
  3. Green Turbo Ranger
  4. Green Galaxy Ranger
  5. Green Lightspeed Ranger
  6. Green Time Ranger
  7. Ninja Storm Green Ranger
  8. S.P.D. Green Ranger
  9. Green Mystic Ranger
  10. Elephant Spirit Ranger
  11. Ranger Green
  12. Green Samurai Ranger (Mike)
  13. Green Super Mega Mode
  14. Green Dino Charge Ranger
  1. Black MMPR
  2. Black Alien Ranger
  3. Black Space Ranger
  4. Black Bison Ranger (Wild Force)
  5. Dino Thunder Black Ranger
  6. Shadow Ranger (blue and black Ranger)
  7. Black Overdrive Ranger
  8. Bat Spirit Ranger
  9. Ranger Black
  10. Black Megaforce Mode
  11. Black Dino Charge Ranger

it seemed like they were just teasing us with Billy becoming the Gold Ranger since I don't think anyone was planning on him being a Ranger again
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/02/18, 09:22 PM   #19
PRangerX
Administrator

Yeah, or course we can excuse that poster making a mistake about Yost. Since his post was made years before Yost came out came and revealed he left because of redicule from some of the crew.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/02/18, 09:25 PM   #20
A Gia To Remember
Power Ranger

I can certainly understand why he let then. Its ashame some of the crew were so ignorant. I just hope it wasn't any or the main guys. I still don't get why they wouldn't have wanted Billy to be Gold.
A Gia To Remember is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply