Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 01/29/18, 02:07 PM   #1
KimandTommy
Power Ranger

Default Kim and Tommy Sitcom

With the success of Fuller House, I was thinking a Netflix Series about the Oliver Family would be good. It would show Kim and Tommy's married and family life. They would have two boys and a girl. It would be set in the PR Universe but mostly be about their daily lives. It would have the same tone of Fuller House. But magic and other stuff that would be possible.
KimandTommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/29/18, 02:33 PM   #2
Usagi Reborn
Power Ranger

Default Re: Kim and Tommy Sitcom

An interesting idea but I don't think such a project would be related to Power Rangers or their characters on the show. If it was PR related they would both have separate families. Since Tommy iww married to Kat.
Usagi Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/29/18, 02:48 PM   #3
PRangerX
Administrator

A side project like this would be an interesting experiment. And is more possible in the Netflix era.

I do agree with Usagi that Tommy is married to Kat. Or at least will be at some point.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/29/18, 04:26 PM   #4
Byron Stinger
Ranger In Training

Its not a bad idea in theory to do something like this. But it doesn't sound limely to happen.
Byron Stinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/29/18, 08:48 PM   #5
Captain Codfish
Power Ranger

It feels like it would be better suited as its own thing and not a spinoff of Power Rangers.
Captain Codfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/30/18, 11:47 AM   #6
White Spandex Rules
Ranger In Training

It is a good idea. You could do it with Tommy and Kat instead though.
White Spandex Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/30/18, 11:48 AM   #7
Disney Ranger
Power Ranger

If PR was still owned by Disney, I could see this happening. But it would air on their future streaming service.
Disney Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/01/18, 03:20 AM   #8
Miki1988
Power Ranger

I agree about Tommy marrying Kat rather than Kim, since Zeo's episode "A Season To Remember" showcases that.

My guess would be that Tommy and Kat went on a break after they stopped being Rangers, he went to become a science teacher and Kat went on to become whatever she wanted/was able to become. Since Bulk & Skull are in Forever Red and are clearly working for Tommy, I'm going to guess that he and Kat were re-united either before or after the events in that episode and then moved to Reefside so Tommy could go trough the events of DinoThunder.

Kat supported him off-screen and chose not to get involved. So after the DT Rangers were done with Mesogog, Tommy and Kat finally got married and had the kids whose children are featured in the Zeo episode. We can definitely assume that Tommy had Billy re-build the communication and teleportation systems from the original Command Center/Power Chamber or he just had Hayley and Kat do it.

If a spin-off about Tommy's family happened, I would imagine it would happen this way, considering what "A Season to Remember" has shown.
Miki1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/01/18, 11:47 AM   #9
PRangerX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miki1988 View Post
I agree about Tommy marrying Kat rather than Kim, since Zeo's episode "A Season To Remember" showcases that.

My guess would be that Tommy and Kat went on a break after they stopped being Rangers, he went to become a science teacher and Kat went on to become whatever she wanted/was able to become. Since Bulk & Skull are in Forever Red and are clearly working for Tommy, I'm going to guess that he and Kat were re-united either before or after the events in that episode and then moved to Reefside so Tommy could go trough the events of DinoThunder.

Kat supported him off-screen and chose not to get involved. So after the DT Rangers were done with Mesogog, Tommy and Kat finally got married and had the kids whose children are featured in the Zeo episode. We can definitely assume that Tommy had Billy re-build the communication and teleportation systems from the original Command Center/Power Chamber or he just had Hayley and Kat do it.

If a spin-off about Tommy's family happened, I would imagine it would happen this way, considering what "A Season to Remember" has shown.
The bueaty of "Season To Remember" is that Tommy and Kat were both very old. So there are a lot of possibilities for when they will get married and have children. Remember, their characters are much younger then their actors.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/01/18, 11:51 AM   #10
Goldar's Revenge
Power Ranger

Thus the convenience of using older actors to play teens in high school. That and not having to worry about child labor laws.
Goldar's Revenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply