Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 11/03/14, 10:21 PM   #1
MMPR-fan
Shadow Ranger

Default MMPR Monsters you wish you'd seen more of?

Please keep in mind the following:

- I am referring to any monster from "Mighty Morphin" season one to season three, but not other shows like "Zeo" or "Turbo".
- You can list up to five of your favorite monsters maximum, but you can't list any more than that.
- You must give a reason as to why you wish you'd seen more of the monster(s) you selected.
- You don't have to list them in any order if you don't want to.

I'll start with my top 5 and list why I picked these monsters. Here they are, in no particular order:

- Bones. He was the first monster the Power Rangers had ever faced, but he was also pretty cool. Most of his powers we didn't get to see, except on the Viewing Globe, due to the Japanese Zyuranger footage mostly including the fight between Bones and the Rangers unmorphed. He also had his own henchmen of glowing skeletons. That's cool.

- King Sphinx. King Sphinx has always been my favorite monster in "Power Rangers". He was on the most merchandise, but he only appeared in one episode (two if count the unaired pilot a.k.a. "The Lost Episode"). I wish we'd seen more of King Sphinx, as he was nearly a match for Jason in combat and he had some of the best fight scenes in MMPR history. Just watch the two-way Megazord battle between Goldar and King Sphinx for proof. Plus, King Sphinx just looks so cool.

- Pudgy Pig. Yeah, Pudgy Pig came back a few times, as a hallucination ("Island of Illusion, part 2") and being recreated from a real pig ("A Pig Surprise"). But I just love Pudgy Pig. It's like asking why kids love Apple Jacks so much: you just do. Plus, he was responsible for gobbling up the Rangers' weapons and could've eaten all of the food in the world in just two days.

- Madame Woe. She was a great challenge for the Rangers, with cool powers like sending the Rangers to another dimension, and she nearly beat Billy until he crushed her forehead jewel. Plus, there was a sore lack of female monsters and she was one of the best.

- Octophantom. He was a vain monster, but he also captured four of the Rangers and was a pretty good threat in combat. He got to appear in the background of a few later episodes, but I thought some of his later appearances should have been better. I mean, he's knocked down by a kick from Thunder Megazord in "Ninja Quest, part 1" and doesn't get back up. What?!? Plus, in his debut episode, it was also one of the few times we saw a MMPR monster make contact with Thunder Megazord, albeit briefly.

What do you guys think? Which monsters do you wish you got to see more of?
Old 11/03/14, 10:21 PM   #2
Nasuko
Shadow Ranger

Default Re: MMPR Monsters you wish you'd seen more of?

Oh fun! Well I'd definitely like to have seen more of the ranger specific monsters from the original series. Namely. King Sphinx, Terror Toad, Eye Guy, Knasty Knight, and Mantis. Madame Woe was definitely another good choice. Lokar too. Also, Silver Horns was pretty sweet later on.
Old 11/03/14, 10:22 PM   #3
Fid
Shadow Ranger

Eye Guy: I really think they could of done a lot more with this villain in the first season. With the ability to pull himself back together. His only real weakness was the big eye/brain thing that Billy found. I do think that they could of pulled a part two type of episode with him. Made it seem like an impossible monster all the way through part one. Then during part two find out about the weakness and take advantage of it. Would of really built him up as one of the more badass villains of season one.
Old 11/03/14, 10:23 PM   #4
GreenWithEvil 2
Shadow Ranger

Does Scorpina count? Or even Zedd and Rita? If so:

Scorpina - She took two forms and both which were awesome. She was one of my favorite villians.

Rita & Zedd were an all-time favorite for multiple reasons.
Old 11/03/14, 10:24 PM   #5
Remco026
Shadow Ranger

Rito - Rito was my favorite monster, because he was powerful AND funny. Plus the fact that he gets on Zedd's nerves all the time seemed really funny to me.

Primator - I liked his crazy style of battle, confusing the rangers by transforming into one of them and when fighting normal he would just monkey around.

Lokar - As a kid I was scared shit when that floating head appeared in the sky. He was powerfull too.
Old 11/03/14, 10:24 PM   #6
Darth Illus
Shadow Ranger

Well this is a tough one. I was going to say Lord Zedd from the second season of MMPR but I think that Lord Zedd became a big mushy in the third season so I'm going to go with my all time favourite, Ivan Ooze. He really was an awesome monster, really evil and had a good sense of humour to boot.

Another monster that I really liked was that octopus guy from Power Rangers Lost Galaxy.

The last is the psycho rangers. I don't know why they used the monster forms though. The ranger forms were way cooler. Monster forms seemed to me like cheap costumes and overdone acting.
Old 11/03/14, 10:25 PM   #7
Kurama
Shadow Ranger

Goldar, as seen in early season one, when he wasn't a big waste of time. Early on, Goldar was a force to be reckoned with on his own; he just seemed to like to retreat anytime he was outnumbered.

Nimrod, The Scarlet Sentinel. Zedd activated this monster before it was ready ("I grow tired of waiting..."), and even so, it was able to soundly defeat the Thunder MegaZord, as well as hold its own against the debuting TigerZord for a time. Not to mention the fact that it (was it a male, or a female?) had its own minions (AC and DC), which made it really cool.

Lokar. Mr. Big Floating Head in the Sky never said more then five words, but he was powerful. First he helped send the Rangers to Rita's Island of Illusion, and then he helped make Cyclopsis even more badass than it already was. It really was a shame we never got anything more on this guy.
Old 11/03/14, 10:26 PM   #8
The Big Cheese
Shadow Ranger

Lokar made Mutitis more badass than he already was. He just revived Cyclopsis, but yes still a very cool villain who didn't get a lot of screen time. Yeah, he was scary as hell looking too; especially during the Doomsday episodes when his face was scarred.

As for his lines; I think he had one line during each appearance. During the Island of Illusions, he said "Feel the power of Lokar!" Then during the Doomsday two parter, he said "They're all yours Rita!" Other than that, he just laughed and roared a lot.

Yeah, I'm an MMPR nerd. I'm among friends though.
Old 11/03/14, 10:27 PM   #9
wilrc6
Shadow Ranger

1. Lokar - a bit of a backstory of who he is and where he came from would be good. Also because the scene where he was destroyed in Zyuranger was edited, he never was actually destroyed in MMPR.

2. Scorpina's Silkworm

3. Twinman

4. Witch Blade

5. Terror Blossom
Old 11/03/14, 10:27 PM   #10
FluffyMastr
Shadow Ranger

Now as for Mighty Morphin, I have only seen season 1. The one person I kind of wanted to see more of was Lokar. Mainly because he was just kind of... there. I guess me watching 60 episodes in under a week was not the best way to get all of the story, but yeah.

Lokar had a lot of potential for the Power Rangers universe, but Saban was probably limited by sentai footage.

The other monster is Bones. I did google it and wish that we had some of the unmorphed footage to use for it.
Post New ThreadReply