Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > The Time Warp > Power Rangers Modern Archives
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 02/22/12, 11:37 AM   #11
MattEmily
Administrator

Default Re: Power Rangers Gokaiger Adaptation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Dragon View Post
If worst comes to worst. A person from Time Force could pull Tommy's out of Different Timezones from when he had those powers.
They could do that or they could use the technology Zordon used in order to create the Robot Rangers. Since I do believe Dimitria stated that Zordon created them as an experiment to see if they could help in the battle against evil.

Quote:
That could actually cause another problem. We have two 6th Ranger's aligning themselves with MMPR. What happens if it comes to the roll call? Mobirate: Mighty Morphin Power Rangers! Season 2! It's either that or have Kibaranger on his own for every scene.... Or just share the two rangers around everytime MMPR shows up for a suit change.
What would be even cooler since they'll have to reshoot most of the Kibaranger footage anyway is if sometimes they'll use Kibaranger, sometimes DragonRanger and they should also do an instance where they have their Gai combining the powers to make the Dragon Tiger Ranger.

Quote:
Yeah. We could also do an Evil-Based Story. Both MMPR Green and White Dino were both Evil. And I'm not sure (I haven't seen much of Time Force), But from what I've read, Eric came off as a bit of an Egotistical Maniac to the other Rangers when he first appeared.
All the rangers have started out as outcasts to their team and ended up joining them. It would work perfectly with Silver if they used the story because the Gokiagers all thought Gai was a bit crazy at the start.
Good point and yes, indeed Eric was. He was pretty much a self-absorbed power hungry person. He was so insane that Circuit called him a "loose cannon."
Eric even ended up attacking Wes, the other Rangers and even their Megazords because he was so obsessed with being power hungry that at first he wanted to do everything himself. Actually I can't remember if he attacked the other Rangers but he did attack Wes and he did attack their Megazord.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/23/12, 04:44 AM   #12
Mad Dragon
Ranger In Training

Quote:
They could do that or they could use the technology Zordon used in order to create the Robot Rangers. Since I do believe Dimitria stated that Zordon created them as an experiment to see if they could help in the battle against evil.
I haven't really seen that episode or can't remember it. I watched Turbo like over a Decade ago and my memory of it is growing thin =P Did the Robot Rangers share the personalities of the rangers? I don't want to see the Red Turbo Ranger Suit running around in the Legend War Re-Shoot and then find out later that the actual previous user of that suit wasn't behind it. Kinda just seems Pointless. If the Robot Rangers shared the personalities, then you might be able to get away with that explanation since it still provides that little bit of nostalgia of having the original user using their suit. And essentially, the whole point of Gokaiger was to tribute the past Sentai and the Past members of those Sentais.

I know it seems stupid, but it would just bug me so much.

Quote:
What would be even cooler since they'll have to reshoot most of the Kibaranger footage anyway is if sometimes they'll use Kibaranger, sometimes DragonRanger and they should also do an instance where they have their Gai combining the powers to make the Dragon Tiger Ranger.
That's actually a pretty good Idea.
Mad Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/23/12, 01:13 PM   #13
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Dragon View Post
I haven't really seen that episode or can't remember it. I watched Turbo like over a Decade ago and my memory of it is growing thin =P Did the Robot Rangers share the personalities of the rangers? I don't want to see the Red Turbo Ranger Suit running around in the Legend War Re-Shoot and then find out later that the actual previous user of that suit wasn't behind it. Kinda just seems Pointless. If the Robot Rangers shared the personalities, then you might be able to get away with that explanation since it still provides that little bit of nostalgia of having the original user using their suit. And essentially, the whole point of Gokaiger was to tribute the past Sentai and the Past members of those Sentais.

I know it seems stupid, but it would just bug me so much.
I can't forget much when it comes to the show.

Yes, the Robots did share the same personalities but only what was programmed into them. But it does seem like all of the regular personalities had been programmed into them.

Plus not like there's a whole lot you can do with the ones that shared 2 sets of powers. It'd be the best available option considering it was already there in an episode.

They even had the greatest way to use the Carranger vs Megaranger footage due to the Robots but for whatever reason they didn't want to.
Old 02/29/12, 07:17 PM   #14
Mad Dragon
Ranger In Training

Fair enough. I mean at the end fo the Day, The Gokaiger Adaption isn't going to tell us. We are just speculating. We may never be told who was actually supposed to be in those suits. They might elaborate with Tommy possibly at some point but other then that, it'll most likely just be a "Who cares was in the suits, the suits were there..."

And also, Do you even think we will be getting a look back at anything from Ninja Storm to RPM? Sure, We got Clash of the Red Rangers but I doubt that since Saban doesn't exactly consider Disney Seasons Canon or anything that he probably doesn't want to have to waste money doing a tribute to a PR Season he didn't create? If you take them out..... That's like... 9-10 Series that are definitely being used.
Old 02/29/12, 09:11 PM   #15
MattEmily
Administrator

Very true. It's doubtful they'll even say anything about who fought in which suits.

Also they'll definitely deal with Ninja Storm-RPM. We've never really heard how Saban feels about those seasons since I doubt he's ever seen them.

Also it was only claimed by someone that Tzachor doesn't view those seasons as not being in continuity yet he also wanted those seasons not included in the website. Yet as you can see by the website, every season is there. So obviously it's not something Tzachor has the power to actually enforce. He may feel that way but he's just the lead cog in the machine that needs Saban and probably even Dekel in order to operate.
Old 03/01/12, 07:33 AM   #16
Mad Dragon
Ranger In Training

Ah, Tzachor said it? Sorry, Got Confused. And I guess that Netflix gives some kind of indication that he will use them anyway. Regardless, I hope they do. The Pre-Zyu suits are no big deal for some fans... But if they took all those suits from NS to RPM out, there would definitely be an uproar. They'd really be stupid to do that.
Old 03/01/12, 12:37 PM   #17
MattEmily
Administrator

Yup, indeed and Saban is a business man so there's no way he'll take them out. It's money for the eventual toyline.

However I can't really see 'em doing the whole "bring back previous cast" thing that Gokaiger did. That only worked for Toei because they've shot in Japan ever since the beginning.

Power Rangers has more issues with that because of its current union status and the fact that not all of the previous cast reside in New Zealand.
Old 03/03/12, 08:25 AM   #18
Mad Dragon
Ranger In Training

I'm sure He'll try his hardest because aside from reminiscing about old suits, thats the whole point of Gokaiger beside its own primary storyline. To have past actors come and give them their team's ultimate powers.

The Location Issue is a problem, don't get me wrong, but not that annoying as compared to the union status thing. That is what is going to cause the major problems most likely in bringing back past actors.

Maybe Saban might have to be a bit lenient aye? =P
Old 03/03/12, 04:06 PM   #19
MattEmily
Administrator

Yup, indeed. Of course Saban doesn't know how to be lenient when it comes to spending money. He'd rather be as cheap as possible and the only way you're going to get those SAG actors to return is if he's willing to fork over enough dough.
Old 03/19/12, 12:00 AM   #20
MattEmily
Administrator

Here's something interesting that has been revealed in regards to the upcoming Gokaiger adaptation.

http://www.jefusion.com/2012/03/toei...egend-war.html

Looks like Toei will be re-filming the Legendary War with just the Power Rangers teams.
So far it's just stated that the pre-Zyuranger teams are out. Presumably the Dairanger will be out as well excluding Kibaranger. No word was given in regards to Goseiger's inclusion or not.
Post New ThreadReply