Power Ranger Online Message Board  

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Off-Topic Discussion > Sailor Moon Kingdom
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 12/04/14, 08:08 PM   #1
Jadeite2
Putty Patroller

Default Dead Moon: "They haven't realized!

First episode of SuperS, when the Dark Circus pulls into town, the Lemures comment, "They haven't realized it! They haven't realized it!"

The people of Tokyo didn't notice the giant circus tent hovering over the city just after the lunar eclipse. But that's because they're all "Dogs and monkeys." (I always laugh at that line.)

Usagi did see that tent, but I think all she says is, "Was that there before?"

Lter on they even let people into the tent for shows and such, so the tent has to be visible in some fashion or another.

So, I ask you, did the people of Azabu-Juuban see the tent and simply not give a ☹ because so much crazy crap has already happened to them that a stupid tent over the city won't make any difference, or were the Dead Moon just using some sort of cloaking magic that they can turn off when they want, and that Usagi could see through?

The comment on "dogs and monkeys" could also lead one to believe that it's partly a social commentary; I've read some tracts on Japanese sociology which point out that the Japanese don't see what they don't want to see. Maybe the writers were insinuating that this can be a problem, especially when the lemures say that they're just "dogs" who are training their children like "monkeys".
Jadeite2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/05/14, 11:48 AM   #2
MattEmily
Administrator

Default Re: Dead Moon: "They haven't realized!

I like to think that the Dead Moon Circus could use a cloaking device for their tent but only people that weren't special couldn't see it. I wouldn't think Mamoru/Darien would likely be able to see it but I don't recall if there was any indication of that but it would make sense that Usagi/Serena could because she wasn't from Earth, she was from the Moon Kingdom while the others were from their related planets.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply